It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Had No Idea!! (nuclear testing in Miss. 1964 !?! )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Unbelievable. I never even heard of this before. Not even a rumor. I live in south Louisiana, but I consider the area around Hattiesberg Mississippi part of my extended Home turf. I always thought The US tested all of its nukes in nevada, or in the pacific. Well come to find out I just learned a few were set off right in my backyard.

I was watching that youtube made by a japanese artist showing a map and timeline of all nuclear detonations from WW2 to 1998. In the 50's and 60's the test around the world really got out of control and the little pings in the vid tell a troubling story in a sense.

In the vid at around 4:14 I noticed that according to the map, a nuclear blast was set off on the gulfcoast in november 1966.

I replayed that little section several times in disbelief. Eventually I dug around a bit, and yes, they actually thought setting off nukes in deep underground salt domes in the deep south was a good Idea.

At 10:00 a.m. on October 22, 1964, the United States government detonated an underground nuclear device in Lamar County, in south Mississippi. Residents there felt three separate shocks, and watched as the soil rose and behaved like ocean waves. Hunting dogs howled in terror, and two miles from the test site the blast shook pecans off the pecan trees. This nuclear test, and the one that followed two years later at the same Mississippi site, were the only nuclear explosions on U.S. soil east of the Rocky Mountain states.

source

wiki nuclear test list

and to think, this revalation, for me, comes from a youtube vid

edit on 5-11-2010 by Khaaaaaan!! because: fixing

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Hey Kaaaaaaaaahn! that's a great find, I had no idea we did testing there!

Nice vid too, thank God we have computer simulations now...

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I posted this in September (www.abovetopsecret.com...), of course not to many people seemed concerned with it. The reason that I posted it was because of the illnesses that have been ravaging us, and the possibility of us be effected by radiation without our knowledge.

Not only that but I thought it was weird that there was something about the connection between UFOs and Nuclear facilities, but no one realized that nukes have been going on for many, many years, mostly in our own backyards.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Khaaaaaan!!

Americans tested their first one in america, the russians tested their first one in russia, the British tested it around australia

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeopleParty

Don't you just love those jaunty Brits?

Lets set it off in Oz we don't need that rubbish on our Queens soil.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
reply to post by ThePeopleParty

Lets set it off in Oz we don't need that rubbish on our Queens soil.

Quite

join