It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaeda group takes responsibility for parcel bombs from Dubai

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I notice this quote from the Globe and Mail piece:

U.S. officials have said they believed it was the Yemen group. The claim was reported by the private SITE Intelligence Group.

Mmmmmm... SITE Intelligence Group, that well known Israeli run purveyor of everything the US seems to present as proof of Al Qaida or Jihadi activity. Hell, they seem to have direct contact and always seem to be the first to get the scoops from Adam Gadahn or Yousef al-Khattab - otherwise known as Adam Pearlman and Joseph Cohen, two good Jewish boys who dress up and act scary, presenting themselves as American Al Qaida and homegrown terrorists.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

However there is a bit of history that many have either overlooked or simply missed. This isn't the first time Al-Qaeda has been in the news regarding Yemen.

Ohh WTF..If there was an Al-Qaeda and there was a cell in Yemen why would they accept blame for a FAILED BOMBING ATTEMPT???

People or groups DO NOT readily accept blame for a failure!!! Ask any current or past politician

That's just stupid to even think...

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Sana'a, Yemen - A Yemeni state security court on Saturday ordered the 'forcible arrest' of US-born cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, wanted by the United States for links to al-Qaeda.

Asiri is beleived to be the bomb maker of al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP). He is the main suspect in a plot to get parcel bomb packages onto US-bound cargo planes.

Al-Awlaki has been connected to a failed Christmas airline bombing over Detroit and killings at a US army base at Fort Hood, Texas.

He is believed to have links to the AQAP, the Yemeni wing of al-Qaeda.

www.monstersandcritics.com...
edit on 6/11/10 by Soshh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Thanks for the info, I didn't know that scumbag was related to the base and just wasn't buying the "not allowing 6 more flights into Canada exuse". With all the Yemen talk it just seemed not right having to scramble to leave Dubai, given its location to Yemen.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Interesting---

I could claim responsibility for the 2 Shuttle disasters and collapsing the World Trade Centers with a BB gun.

Does it make it true?

What if I were to generate all sorts of data and the news media picked it up

Does it make it true?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu

Originally posted by wcitizen
Yeah, right. Al-Qaeda is SO co-operative with the US government, what a coincidence!!

They turn up just before elections with their videos to create fear which helps the President, and now that TPTB can see how few people believe their BS about suspect packages from Yemen, up AQ pops again.

When did terrorists become so co-operative.

Al-CIAda strikes again.

It just so happens Anwar Al-Awlaki, the so called leader of "Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula ", has been a guest at the Pentagon. lol.. he was there getting his orders probably.

www.youtube.com...

This whole war on terror is a low budget b-movie farce.. the CIA needs better script writers.

Yep, they were probably doing the deal - you take the fall for this and we will give you.xyz!!!
Their blatant lies make me so mad!

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

Originally posted by Soshh

Sana'a, Yemen - A Yemeni state security court on Saturday ordered the 'forcible arrest' of US-born cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, wanted by the United States for links to al-Qaeda.

Asiri is beleived to be the bomb maker of al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP). He is the main suspect in a plot to get parcel bomb packages onto US-bound cargo planes.

Al-Awlaki has been connected to a failed Christmas airline bombing over Detroit and killings at a US army base at Fort Hood, Texas.

He is believed to have links to the AQAP, the Yemeni wing of al-Qaeda.

www.monstersandcritics.com...

If you keep reading, you find out that the only person physically present in the dock denies any connection with al-Qaeda or al-Awlaki. Is he just protecting his leaders or are TPTB once again turning every criminal act into a "terrorist" plot? I'm ridiculed for seeing "false flag" in every attack but our governments are worse about seeing al-Qaeda everywhere.

The only defendant present in court was Hisham Mohammed Assim, a security guard who is accused of killing a Frenchman and injuring a Briton in a shooting spree at the offices of the Austrian OMV energy firm in Sana'a last month.

Assim rejected any connections to al-Qaeda or al-Awlaki, saying he was tortured by interrogators.

'I have had personal reasons (for the killing),' Assim told judges during the hearing attended by journalists.

Asked what was his motive for the killing, Assim refused to explain.

After unsuccessfully(?) chasing Bin Laden for a decade, the west is already looking incompetent. Unsuccessfully chasing al-Awlaki whilst leaving a trail of dead innocents behind just makes them look even less fit-for-purpose.

If al-Awlaki or Bin Laden were still alive, they'd probably tell us that they're innocent of the crimes that they've been blamed for.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnJasper

I hope you’re not implying that I had only read the part that I quoted. Assim can deny it and claim to have been tortured all he likes but if he had explained his reasons for the attack then that would have been helpful. He's only making it worse for himself. I agree that it is stupid to claim that each and every loony has al-Qaeda connections, but not all of the necessary information has been released to enable us to ascertain whether or not Assim has.

If you expected to be found guilty of something so serious then I'm sure you would make an attempt at not being physically present also, perhaps that is why no-one else has decided to show up.
edit on 6/11/10 by Soshh because: typo

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
NOW ITS OFFICAL

AL QAEDA DOESNT EXIST

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

Originally posted by Soshh
reply to post by JohnJasper

I hope you’re not implying that I had only read the part that I quoted. Assim can deny it and claim to have been tortured all he likes but if he had explained his reasons for the attack then that would have been helpful. He's only making it worse for himself. I agree that it is stupid to claim that each and every loony has al-Qaeda connections, but not all of the necessary information has been released to enable us to ascertain whether or not Assim has.

If you expected to be found guilty of something so serious then I'm sure you would make an attempt at not being physically present also, perhaps that is why no-one else has decided to show up.

In fact, I wasn't implying that you had only read the part that you quoted nor was I insinuating that you intentionally didn't include that important part of the article.

As we watch this story unfold, we see the same old scenario being played out. Something happens, initial stories give us little reason to worry, anonymous officials suddenly appear contradicting the early reports and suddenly we have a "terrorist" incident, next it gets tied to the star "terrorist" stronghold of the moment (Yemen) and the star "terrorist" figurehead (al-Awlaki) and before long it will be linked to support from Iran or some other out-of-favour nation.

It's all just a little too pat for me!

And finally, if al-Awlaki didn't actually survive the several attempts on his life, he would have a hard time appearing in court even if he would have wanted to. If he did survive, he's probably cottoned on to the idea that advertising his whereabouts is unwise.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join