It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this be why so many airplanes are going down?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I have been noticing in many areas that there are quite a few planes crashing and also having to do emergency landings....Could it be possible that planes are being sabatoged in order to keep them grounded (out of the air) due to some upcoming event (meteors)?

Just yesterday or the day before, fireballs were seen flying in the skies between Canada and Northern US states.
Also as I was browsing last night, a plane was hit by meteor. I cannot recall if it was in Guatemala or Peru, but it was one of those latin countries....

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by triplereiki

It's close to impossible that a plane was hit by a meteor. Most meteors are a couple feet in diameter. The chances that one would hit a plane are almost nil. There's only been a couple recorded strikes on houses and such in history. Moreover, if there was going to be a meteor storm, planes wouldn't be sabotaged. Governments would issue warnings, and depending on the circumstances, ground air traffic.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Here's some links

Suspected Ohio Plane Crash May Have Been Meteor
www.woio.com...

Cuba
Plane Crash in Cuba kills all 68 aboard
www.csmonitor.com...

Pakistan
Plane Crash Kills All 22 Aboard In Pakistan
search.yahoo.com...

Near Los Angeles
Plane, victims' remains recovered from Lewis County crash site
three died
www.thenewstribune.com...

Riverside county, two die
www.dailynews.com...

Small plane crashes west of Vegas; 1 badly hurt
www.dailynews.com...

2 Nat. Park officers dead in So. Utah plane crash
www.dailynews.com...

American ‘Flying Samaritans’ die in Mexico plane crash (4)
wireupdate.com...

At least 5 dead, 2 hurt in southern New Mexico plane crash
palestineherald.com...

Mexico plane crash kills 6, including 2 lawmakers, mayor
newsinfo.inquirer.net...

Alot of these planes are small. Yes, there are weather factors that bring down planes, but if the weather was not an issue, then are all those pilots in error?
I will later check those links and try to find out some info about the passengers. Maybe for instance the two Mexican lawmakers went down for a reason?
another plane, the pilots were a fellow who was associated with lasers (probably medically) and the other I think was a neurosugeaon.

Maybe just all coincedence, but I started thinking when I saw the one regarding a meteorite.
the shuttle was delayed on its launch, likely due to "weather" but could it have been for another reason to keep the shuttle on the ground safe for the time being?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Massive fireball reported across Midwestern sky
METEORITE
April 15, 2010
articles.cnn.com...:TECH

Interesting site:

Fireball Sightings Log: 2010
www.amsmeteors.org...

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
And here is a good site for folks interested in meteorite info as it comes in from other folks.

Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News
lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

i had the same thought about a week ago.

i have noticed all the planes seem to be flying a good deal lower. i am not near an airport but I do see a lot. They are usually at a much higher altitude when i see them.

I have also noticed a lot of meteors in the night skies. they are a little bigger and brighter than a usual shooting star but so far not too big thankfully. (i am in ireland)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I would say it is due more to airlines loosing tones of money and having to make cut backs. The cutbacks have included mechanics and maintenance. Using cheaper labor for these jobs usually means less than optimal performance when maintaining aircraft. Hence now we have plane crashes due to mechanical part failures, etc.
In the end the truth of the matter is that the airlines are a business and care about the bottom line and not our safety. Our safety cost lots of money. Economy goes bad; cuts have to be made to stay in business or cause thousands of jobs. The government tells the FAA to overlook some maintenance issues and bam!!!! people are dead!

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Hi,

You may find the following link useful - lists all air accidents.

aviation-safety.net...

I agree with previous poster - if there was any natural danger, flights would be suspended - remember the volcanic ash from Iceland?

Peace!

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
There i a possibility that these or some of these aircraft have flown through an area of low atomic binding....
The are vortices left in the wake of an atomic explosion and take place both at the explsion site and at its antipodes or opposite point on the other side of the globe.
These vrotexes are responsible for a great many aircrashes in the early fiftuies and the sixties when much atonic testing took place.
These things are proven to exist, but very little is heard about them, and mainstream science does not have he ability,(as far as i know)to predict their behavior or lifespans.
What transpires when an aircraft passes through these areas, is that the molecular binding forces within the metals, is decreased, and the materials will no longer support the loading factors for which they were designed.
The aircraft have been know to disintigrate in the air as it were.....
Though we have greatly curtailed testing of late,nobody can say how long these vortices will exist or even where they will drift to within the envelope of the atmosphere.
Though there is a device which can detect, and measure such vortices, they are neither noted nor charted on flight data maps or weather maps.
The govements of Canada, and the US know about these things, and have studied them to some degree.
The real problem facing mankind today, and in the future, is not war, nor famine, but the use of and proliferation of nuclear power of any type or form.
The poisoning of the planet is well under way.Unchecked use and developement of the nuclear alternative to power generation is without doubt going to cause insurmountable waste storaage problems for millenia to come.
never mind the use of nukes....
These vortices may in turn be influenced(during their period of existance in whatever forms)by possible sun spot activity or other space related quantum particle rays or fields.The giant sun spot causing them to grow in size or intensity.
I seem to recall that during the early fifties, or so(i was under 10)that there was a kind of flap about planes breaking up in flight for no aparent reason...a few airliners disapeared or were known to have broke up in stormy weather...etc.
Military aircraft too....
(Id love some cooberation on this by anyone who may have info...)
So there ya have it...decreased atomic binding.....
Though i wonder if you have heard that some of those fireballs have apeared to make non meteor like manouvers, speeds, and courses.?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by The Wave

Thank you for the link. I appreciate that.
I will try and check that often.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

these vortices, are they similar to what happens in turbulance? I would like to understand more about that.
thank you for your post.
I know that there are alot of factors pilots face whether flying a small or large plane. Sometimes, it seems there are "those days" there are more crashes than usual (like traffic accidents). but lately for quite a bit attention regarding air travel, got me wondering.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Just caught this:

21 die as oil firm's plane crashes in Pakistan
www.msnbc.msn.com...

(any of those guys from BP)?
naw, NBC News reported the plane was chartered by an oil company and was en route to the Bit oil fields in interior Sindh Province.

edit on 5-11-2010 by triplereiki because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Hi,

My pleasure - just passing on what I learnt on ATS!

Seriously the site tends to be up to date. Interestingly, there appear to be at least four or five planes a day that fall out of the sky - which given the road toll isn't such a bad average - for the distance covered. Some make the news and others don't.

Peace!

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

There are many accidents and emergency landings that we don't know about. The reason we see an increase is because of a major incident (such as the Quantas engine exploding) and then the next day there is an emergency landing.

I can personally state that at the airport I work at, there are numerous events that we don't know about because they really are not news. Go Arounds (The plane misses its landing), minor emergencies (medical, loss of some power, etc).

With the inflated news cycles and the need to produce news 24-hours a day, there will always be an increase in such events that really are nothing new.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Here is teh ultimate UFO researcher and scientist. Wilbur Smith.
Scroll about halfway down to the plane crash part, and further on down too it goes over it again...This guy is my hero.....hope you find it enlightening. stirling
www.rexresearch.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Thank you stirling.
I will check that out.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Considering the overal number of flights taking off and landing daily, both large and small planes, the number of incidents/accidents is actually pretty small.

I'd take my chances in the air any day over driving. Especially in SoCal.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I honestly don't believe that these aircraft are being sabotaged on a large scale in the least bit. It is quite surprising as to the number of flights that have went down in the past few weeks. I just do not buy large scale sabotage as to being the cause. For example, look at these two Qantas flights that experienced engine problems this past week. The reason for those failures was due to either one of two things. Reason one being a fan blade being sucked into the turbine that caused the catastrophic failure with the Airbus A380 that experienced an engine fire which lost the outer engine cover when it fell into a field on approach to Jakarta. Reason two being a bird strike that afflicted the Boeing 747-400 which caused it to suffer an engine failure as well. Keep in mind that bird strikes are one of the leading causes of airline crashes. A multiple bird strike is what brought down that US Airways flight that landed in the Hudson River last year.

Another reason that I don't believe that sabotage has to do with these crashes is this and a few other reasons. Some of these airline companies involved are known for having lax safety standards or being headquarted in countries that do not, or may not, have the manpower needed to enforce such regulations. Another one of the reason could be due to some sort of mechanical failure that caused the plane to crash. If something goes unchecked for some time, like fatigue or hydraulic problems, it can and has been known to lead to catastrophe. It was fatigue on the vertical stabilizers that went unchecked on a Japan Air Lines flight outside of Tokyo in 1985 that brought JAL Flight #123 when the tail section fell off. Another, and most likely, reason that these aircraft have been coming down may be due to the weather itself. Microbursts, a sudden downward burst of wind and rain, are feared among airline and military pilots. Some of these microbursts have been strong enough to bring down aircraft that fly into them.

I do believe that a meteor or meteorrite could bring down an aircraft if an aircraft would just happen to be at the same exact spot and time when a meteorite or a meteor falls to the Earth. However, it is such a long shot as to that happening even though it has been discussed before. Some people have said that a meteor brought down TWA Flight 800 off of Long Island when that crash happened. There is even a thread on here that deals with the idea of Flight 800 being downed by a rock from space.

TWA Flight 800 Brought Down By A Meteor

Some reports on what caused Flight 447 to crash was due to an explosion in the center fuel tank being the cause. Which brings to mind that some people have suggested that even Air France Flight 447 was brought down by a decent sized meteor. For example, both of the pilots on an Air Comet flight reported the following to Air France, Airbus Industries, and the Spanish Civil Aviation Authority pertaining to Flight 447's crash.

“Suddenly, we saw in the distance a strong and intense flash of white light, which followed a descending and vertical trajectory and which broke up in six seconds."

I don't doubt that a meteorite could bring down an aircraft. However, the chances of this happening are at a least 3 billion to one odds of it occuring. On average, there are about 35 to 3600 flights a day flying above the Earth. So lets say that out of those 3600 or so flights, not even ten percent of these flights would be struck by a meteor and brought down. If it were the case that some meteor would break up and it was believed that the Earth could be threatened. I would believe that space agencies from around the world would notify the airline companies of the threat so that some sort of precautions could be put to action if the airlines have such precautions pertaining to events coming from outer space.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
It would make sense that if the earth is moving through debris fields whether of actual particles or magnetism or other, this could cause an increase in air crashes. The numbers cited - 3 to 5 a day - don't really back that up though. I kept a log back in 2007 or 2006 and again in 2009 of the number of crashes daily. My log put the figure at 5 average daily but that was not what I was looking for. I was looking, at the time, for a correlation between extremely heavy spraying and air crashes. I was able to make that connection and actually predict to some extent when crashes would occur based on chemtrail activity. I like the idea of increased meteor activity because it resonates with observations by people on the net but I think to make a connection, areas on the ground need to be factored in. It's a time-consuming process to search local news globally for all the near misses, emergency landings etc. and because that hasn't been done, the meteor idea may be valid and the numbers may actually be more than stated.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
wake up,planes crash because there are cheap flights,with old planes that cover the losses,even if a plane wents down

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join