It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Robert Jordan novel advertisement for the Wheel of Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again." Opening from the prologue of one of my novels in the series.

Me thinks that the author will not complete this series before THIS AGE fades to myth.

No, this is not a Rant on the advertisement on ATS. This is a Rant on the series the Wheel of Time. I had begun that series approximately 1992 or 93. Before it became a hit, before I realized I was going to have to wait 17 years for Rand al Thor to actually finish kicking some ass.

The last book I have to the series is the novel The Path of Daggers. Well, from the wikipedia you will find out that Robert Jordan is DEAD. He never completed his series before his death on September 16, 2007. Instead of finishing the darn (would like to use a different word here) series, he created notes for future books for after his death.

Talk about a sinister plot from a sadistic author!

I vowed after I read The Path of Daggers, that I would NOT read another in the series until it was complete.

Oh that evil genius, he mocks me from the grave!

join