It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looked like either huge landslide or big quake splitting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I was just seeing on a foreign news show tonight, there were a bunch of houses, a hillside, tucks with trailers, etc, and land began sliding and it looked like a huge crack was opening up the graound and taking in house, trucks. etc...I am going to look for the news station that showed this and try to get you guys a link...If anything I have GOT to find that news video...It will blow your minds.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I checked Peru, there is footage of a mudslide. Here is a link to that, but still not the video I saw on the Spanish news...
news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=ArB7FsHB.8T7PjYHO_dsioX6SpZ4

the news I was watching was AlarmaTV, Estrella TV. The Alarma TV site is under construction right now.
I need to keep searching because what what showing on the news was a biggun'.
It looked at first like a huge landslide, then under that on the level ground appeared to be a humongous sinkhole or ground splitting up enough to swallow homes, diesel trucks with trailers etc.

Is anyone out there an Alarma TV watcher?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
is this the one your talking about

www.bbc.co.uk...

it was pretty masive

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by triplereiki

I think i found the story.

A landslide in Costa Rica caused by heavy rain has killed at least 20 people in a suburb of the capital, San Jose, officials say

LinkHERE

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

edit on 5-11-2010 by HEREFORD 1969 because: double post sorry

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
ok folks, still looking, but here is a real nice vid to keep you entertained.

www.blinkx.com...

The vid I am looking for was either an aerial shot or an amateur taping it from still higher ground (the camera was shaking a bit as if a handheld).

The AlarmaTV channel usually reports news from areas like Mexico, Peru, Guatemala, Bolivia, etc..Sometimes they will also mention something major from other countries too...normally there is a bar at the bottom of the screen stating what country and area the news vid is from, but there was no bar at the bottom.
That vid would have been very interesting particularly since it was not only a mud slide, but looked so much like the ground was totally opening up huge and taking in entire buildings, etc.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Thanks so much but those are not the ones....Maybe it can be found on YouTube, it looked like someone was either using a vid camera (phone camera?) and was either standing much higher up on a nearby mountain or maybe a newsman in a helicopter.
this thing was huge.
I am gonna go nuts if I cant find that vid. Just watching it not only coming down off the huge hillside, the flat level land at the bottom (with look like small town, a bunche of homes, and what appeared to be a good sized yard with alot of diesel trucks with trailers) opening up like a huge crack widening. At first second I thought of sinkhole, but the level land just kept opening up like you would not believe.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Would make you say "WOW!" for sure.
Thank you so much for trying to help. I have gotta go to sleep now, but I may end up gettin back up and looking again, cause its is bugging me so much. Dang I wish I had TiVo so I could of had a chance to rewind a few times.
the video seemed to be approximately 20 - 30 seconds long.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
The raw power of nature is just incredible...

Looking forward for that video bud, adding some more jitters to my week couldn't hurt... could it?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
This one?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Maybe this one in Italy? Even if not, this one's BIG
(link won't work. just copy/paste in youtube)
Landslide in Italy Maierato Vibo

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Hey! another member just posted it. THATS THE VIDEO!
thread title Harbor there Harbor gone (new sinkhole video),

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Good thing is I didnt use the word "sinkhole".

top topics

join