It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

72 Earth quakes in the last 12 hours most in the USA and Europe !!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I look at the RSOE EDIS website about twice a day to see what is going on in the world - LINK and there is usually a fair few earth quakes spread out around the world. Sometime there is a good swarm in one location, but I have NEVER seen 72 in a 12 hour period before NEVER.

I know the shills will be straight on saying there are thousand of earthquakes a year. We know that!!! but for anyone that looks at them as they come in there is always a pattern and THIS is not NORMAL!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

And before anyone says it, NO THIS IS NOT NORMAL

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Maybe the world is coming to an end?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Sounds like a lot but I'm not really informed about this subject.

There seems to be a lot of tension in the plates as of lately, which is a little scary.

Thanks for informing us though cannot wait to see more informed opinions on what this could mean.

Pred...

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
On USGS.
..or the super cool animation.

I'd beg to differ on the relative activity of the Indo-European and Atlantic plates, have you seen what's happening in the West Pacific?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
There are an estimated (get this) 1.4 million earthquakes in an entire year (this is all of the earthquakes, even the small ones). That averages out to WAY more than 72 a day. In fact, let me get out the calculator, that averages to:
3835 Earthquakes every day.

C'mon people. There is ALWAYS an Earthquake happening. I fail to see why this is abnormal? Were these all big quakes or something? There didn't seem to be anything particularly spectacular about them.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

edit on 11/4/2010 by spacekc929 because: bad math!!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
They seem to being getting rocked around a lot over in europe lately. No huge quakes but a lot of movement.
The planet is not happy right now. The ring of fire is doing quite a bit of moving, the ones that got my attention was in arkansas and oklahoma a couple weeks ago or so. from what I understand they were not part of the new madrid fault. like I said mother earth is not happy right now.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
doesn't seem like much to me at all really, if you look here USGS USA map it says that the US has had 842 eq's in the past 7 days, and if we divide by 7 it equals on average 120.28 earthquakes per day in the USA in the last 7 days. (obviously some days have more some days have less.)

WORLD eq's USGS says 248 eq's in the past 7 days = 35.42 per day - but keep in mind that USGS does not report small quakes under 4.0 for other countries. So it's obviously going to be much higher than 248 in the past 7 days throught the world.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
As a Californian I would just like to say -

Can we PLEASE just get "The Big One" over with?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Fiberx

You'll be sorry.....

2nd line

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DontProbeMeBro

I'm sure I will.

I've been through so many quakes, to include 4 7.0+ and several 6.0+ (BOOOOORINGG) that did more damage than one would expect.

Nothing as qualified as The infamous Big One, yet.

I figure if the San Andres rips off a good 8.0 or so we can get a little breather.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Fiberx

Personally i have been feeling a 9.7 + for the whole west coast, since 1981 when i dreamt it, it would appear to be near now.

What a ride that will be !!

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I don't think that's a really abnormal amount of quakes as there are a lot of them that go unnoticed even to the people that are really close by(1-2 mag events). People have been saying the Pacific Northwest, Southern California and the Midwestern US are overdue for large quakes for quite some time. I think it's something that's really smart to keep in the back of your mind and be ready for but it's also something that could happen the next second or 100 years from now.

Preparedness is the thing that emphasis should be placed on, if you live in a brick home or apt building you need to get the hell out as fast as possible once the shaking starts, otherwise, hunker down under something solid - as in a tornado situation - and hope you can ride it out. Keeping extra water on hand is especially important, don't put bleach or other drop-ins in your toilet resivior for example as that could be all you have for awhile in a worse case scenario.

Parts of Europe I think are more overdue than we are as there is a major fault that runs through Turkey and into Greece that is known to produce really big quakes and hasn't for quite some time. Indonesia, as always, is really susceptible to big geological events just because of it's location and has really been getting hammered for the last 6 years. Despite what the USGS and other respected entities have been saying - there hasn't been an increase in earthquake or volcanic activity, that it's just being reported more or there's more equipment to monitor it - it seems to me at least that the Earth has been increasingly restless.

Just looking at tsunamis there have been 5 events in the past 6 years and I really don't remember any for quite awhile before that. I consider myself a just look at the facts kind of guy but there have been 3 in Indonesia, 1 that was propagated in Chile, and one that hit American Samoa in that time period.

Oh, and as far as earthquake dreams, I have had one 3 times where I woke up and looked at the USGS site and saw that there was a 9.5 mag quake right at the bend of Western South America at the Northern end of Chile on Nov 6th - I remember looking at a calendar each time and seeing the day but not the year.
edit on 5-11-2010 by Necrosis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
60+ >= 1.0M in CA/NV since 00:00 PDT, 4 Oct. 2010 ( 10+ >= 2.0M ) Just short of a 24 hour period. I'm in CA on PDT and it's just before 23:00 as I'm writing this.

30+ >= 3.0M in US (incl. AK and HI) since 00:00 UTC, 4 Oct. 2010 (Just over a 24 hour period.)

30+ >= 1.0M in US (incl. AK and HI) in the 5.5 hour period starting at 00:00 UTC, 5 Oct 2010, ending at 05:30 UTC, 5 Oct 2010.

That last one is well on it's way to 72- it's half-way there in less than 6 hours.

So it does seem somewhat normal.

edit on 11/5/2010 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
72 Quakes in a day is just scratching the surface.
That RSOE site is helpful for eco disasters, but falls way short when it comes to earthquakes, even USGS is better than that

I did a Snapshot of Global earthquakes on the 27th Oct using every available earthquake reporting site on the internet (post is somewhere in Quake Wathc 2010) and there were 365 of them, I thought that was a quiet day.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by theregonnakillme
I look at the RSOE EDIS website about twice a day to see what is going on in the world - LINK and there is usually a fair few earth quakes spread out around the world. Sometime there is a good swarm in one location, but I have NEVER seen 72 in a 12 hour period before NEVER.

I know the shills will be straight on saying there are thousand of earthquakes a year. We know that!!! but for anyone that looks at them as they come in there is always a pattern and THIS is not NORMAL!!!

I am still very convinced we are in a 21st Century Earth Quake war.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

I receive e-mails from the USGS on all earthquakes.

I check my mail frequently.

I never receive that many notifications.

On the USGS website you can see all the activity in the U.S. and the states of Alaska,Hawaii and Puerto Rico.

If you click on the animation for the last seven days it will tell you how many quakes are displayed.

It is usually about 900 or so for a seven day period.

Just in the U.S.

72 in a 12 hour period is insignificant.

We live on a dynamic planet,expect it to do things it has done for millennia.

edit on 5-11-2010 by Oneolddude because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
*** UPDATE ***

There have now been 86 earthquakes in the last 12 hours!!!!!!

LINK TO SOURCE

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Second eartquake in serbia in 2 days!! there was one today it was 4,5 richter!
and yestrday was also one 5.3 richter!! 2 people are dead and more than 50 inyured!! in serbia eartquakes are realy rare!!and there was also one in Croatia(about 200km away from Serbia) 2days ago and it was 3.2 richter!
something is not good....

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
What exactly defines an earthquake?..
Can it be the most minimal movement of the plates?....Or is there a required measurement?
Wasn't the big one in LA suppose to happen Oct 2010?......I think I want to make a thread of failed predictions of the past. Hmm..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join