It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nov. 4TH 2010 3:00AM EDT:LHC Switches to Smashing Lead Ions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
We are finally getting results from the massive Large Hadron Collider once again. Though the research of the smashing of the lead ions has not been deciphered and antiquated for the exact ramifications of the firing's, it seems as if we are going to be getting more active news from the LHC again, and I think that is very cool!!

Once the lead ion collisions wrap up in December, engineers will perform two months of maintenance to allow the LHC to pick up in early 2011 where it left off with proton collisions today. Meanwhile, seven months’ worth of proton collision data awaits physicists hunting for shadows of the Higgs boson — the particle theorized to give matter its mass — in the energetic collisions.

Read More@: www.wired.com...

Hopefully all systems will be go from now on, The Higgs Boson is elusive, and I am glad they have got it going again!!

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I had talked about the probability of the LHC's finding's being very fruitful, I have tried very hard to get info as it was coming but I haven't been able to research as much as I would have liked to. There is another thread created for the outcome of the event that took place and the finding's of the extraordinary results.
Having recreated the BB in a controlled environment is quite an amazing feat for the human existence and possible application's for future firings of the Large Hadron Collider, maybe the new frontier that everyone was looking for will be here with the revealings of each and every test they proceed in. Hopefully they will not give us scenario's such as "Area 51 doesn't exist" type of rhetoric explanations.
Well, thought I would revive this thread for personal gratification of knowing it was going to be some really great breaking news, being's there is another thread covering the whole chain of event's from this particular day, I will bow gracefully and let that thread take this ones place.
But, just for the record "I tried to tell, and I told you so!!"

join