It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Notification of Reply to a Comment I've Made on Blogs?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
If I make a comment to a blog article, I've noticed that sometimes there is a check box to allow me to be notified by email if there is a reply to it. It's been my experience that it doesn't work very well, but at least there is the option.

Other times there isn't that option.

Is there some other way to get notified by email so that I don't have to keep checking the thread of comments for a reply to my comment?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
It should show up under "My ATS"

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by NoArmsJames

No I'm asking for general computer help for the internet.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
If I make a comment to a blog article, I've noticed that sometimes there is a check box to allow me to be notified by email if there is a reply to it. It's been my experience that it doesn't work very well, but at least there is the option.

Other times there isn't that option.

Is there some other way to get notified by email so that I don't have to keep checking the thread of comments for a reply to my comment?

So you're wondering if you can be notified if someone replies to something you said? on this site , or a different site? This site, you goto messages, and above them, you click on replies. for another website... uh, well depends..

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Maybe I shouldn't be asking this question on this forum.

Can this forum be used for general questions about using your computer, unrelated to ATS or any other forum? But to blogs on the internet?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

Here is what I'm talking about.

How can I be notified to my personal email if I get an answer to my comment, for which my user name is "Mary Rose" like here, for the below blog article. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see my comment:

"Origins of the Tea Party Movement: Part I – Introduction"

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   

well i do not belong to that site, but i would venture to guess you'd have to sign up in a certain section to include reply notification...
but realy, no clue, and perhaps either keep checking back there, or ask the question there...

sorry, you seem to be annoyed by our responses..

good luck

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I'm not annoyed I just thought maybe it was inappropriate for me to ask a question like this since it has nothing to do with ATS.

Is my question okay?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
well i do not belong to that site

I don't belong either. I just filled out the form to make a comment on that blog article and submitted it.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I'm not annoyed I just thought maybe it was inappropriate for me to ask a question like this since it has nothing to do with ATS.

Is my question okay?

almost all questions are suitable for ATS. Maybe someone will be able to provide you assistance.

good luck

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

How can I be notified to my personal email if I get an answer to my comment, for which my user name is "Mary Rose" like here, for the below blog article. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see my comment:

"Origins of the Tea Party Movement: Part I – Introduction"

The page says "You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry."

I know "RSS" stands for Really Simple Syndication but I don't know how to use it, or whether they're even referring to what I'm trying to do?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

you need an RSS reader, and the site, like this site, has a domain, or somthing like that, that you would copy and paste into your RSS reader, and it will display the info they designate to be read... many phones have an RSS reader. if you cant find their rss address, try just designating their website as what ya want displayed on your rss.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
you need an RSS reader

I don't know what this is.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

unfortunately, im on my telefono, and cant go back and forth to sites and to give you links... but im sure they are free.. try googling it? if you have a new web browsing phone, you most likely have one... and for all i know, your computer may have one. i think mine does, but i wouldnt really use it on a comp because i could just as easily goto the site..

helping?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I installed RssReader. On the blog article, to the right of where it says Comments (12), there is an RSS icon with a pull-down menu next to it. It gives the choice of Subscribe via email.

Thanks so much for your help!!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

you are welcome. have fun!

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Myendica,

I've started getting notices in my email that there are more comments on that thread. So it's working! One of them was to my comment. What a God-send this is. So convenient. Thanks again for your help.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Do we have the exact same capability here on the forum - to be notified at our email address that there is a reply to our thread post?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Do we have the exact same capability here on the forum - to be notified at our email address that there is a reply to our thread post?

probably.. I get notifications when someone has responded to something I have said.. Though I dont have them sent to my email, I read then in my message section.. theres inbox, replies(which is what you are looking for) outbox and saved..

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Thanks!

I think I had seen that and forgotten all about it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join