It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Empty Promises...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Hello fello ATSers. I know its been pretty doom and gloom around here lately. Im aware that Nuclear War is supposedly right around the corner, the earth is on the brink of implosion and and some people are still mad/happy about all the changes in government a the moment. I was thinking why not a little bit of humor during this doom ridden yet exciting time we live in.

We have been told things when we were kids that never came to pass. Things that were promised to us or at least we knew in our hearts that we would have. Some kids probably wanted bionic arms or a flying car when they were growing up. Others might have wanted something like a mechanical suit to walk around in. Im not saying that these things we wanted or were promised arent in the making as we speak, im just saying we're probably never going to get them.

Anywho.... I remember thinking that i was going to own a jetpack one day, when I was a child. LOL It seemed totally legit for some reason, but now im older and i realize that I'm probably never going to get to own a jetpack, or even ride one for that matter and it sucks. I've found a jetpack song that really made my day. I heard it on the radio a couple of months ago on the radio and I found it the other day on youtube......

(WARNING! foul language in video. Its not really that bad, but I wouldn't play it around my kid...)

So whats ya'lls empty promise? Either to yourself or made by someone else? O yea im not looking for any depressing "I was promised a better life" or anything like that. This thread really isn't about that, so if ya'll don't mind......

Keep it lively....

MessOnTheFED!

new topics

join