It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNC Ask's Pentagon for Info on Potential GOP Obama Challengers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

DNC Ask's Pentagon for Info on Potential GOP Obama Challengers

abcnews.go.com

The Democratic National Committee formally has asked the Pentagon for reams of correspondence between military agencies and nine potential Republican presidential candidates, a clear indication that Democrats are building opposition-research files on specific 2012 contenders even before the midterm elections.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

The information on the possible candidates was requested under the freedom of information act. How is this allowed?

With the obvious political swing to the right in the recent mid-term elections, the DNC is obviously concerned about the possiblity of one or more GOP candidates gaining enough popularity to challenge Obama in 2012.

Amongst the list:

Sarah Palin
Mitt Romney
Haley Barbour
Tim Pawlenty
Newt Gingrich
Mike Huckabee
Bobby Jindle
John Thune
Mitch Daniels

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Plan2exist18

Because it's the FOI act. If the data is classified it won't be released. The Republicans could request similar information.The data will concern public activities. I don't see the problem with wanting information about what someone has done in an official capacity. I mean, damn, don't a lot of people around here scream about Obama needing to show his birth certificate and college records all the time?

What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Oh, you forgot Rick Perry and General Petraus.
edit on 3-11-2010 by antonia because: RAWR

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

If you have half of a brain, you would be able to forsee EXACTLY what they plan to do with such information, and whether or not it is classified is not relevant to them at all.

You also would be able to realize what would happen to a Republican if they requested anything like this. Theres a difference between being "allowed to" and "able to get away with." Hell, Juan Williams isnt even a GOP and he was fired for making a simple comment on tv.

This just shows the double standard that exists, the FOI Act is for these exact agendas.

PS: Thanks for adding Petraeus, cause its not like the DNC has tried to crucify him or anything in the past.

edit on 3-11-2010 by Plan2exist18 because: grammar

edit on 3-11-2010 by Plan2exist18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plan2exist18
reply to post by antonia

If you have half of a brain, you would be able to forsee EXACTLY what they plan to do with such information, and whether or not it is classified is not relevant to them at all.

If I had half a brain I wouldn't have even spoken to you. I didn't ask for an insult. I just answered your question. Bottom is that it's legal, it's always been legal for both parties to do it.

You also would be able to realize what would happen to a Republican if they requested anything like this. Theres a difference between being "allowed to" and "able to get away with." Hell, Juan Williams isnt even a GOP and he was fired for making a simple comment on tv.

A Republican wouldn't be silly enough to get caught doing it.

This just shows the double standard that exists, the FOI Act is for these exact agendas.

How is it a double standard when the Republicans do it the same as the Democrats.

PS: Thanks for adding Petraeus, cause its not like the DNC has tried to crucify him or anything in the past.

Yea, yea, yea, that's why Obama gave him command, cause he wants to hang him from a cross.

I'll leave you alone. You will just continue insulting me because you think I'm a "dirty liberal". Pointless conversation.
edit on 3-11-2010 by antonia because: RAWR

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I never said you were a "dirty liberal", and hasty generalizations will get this conversation just as far as insults.

I apologize for the brain comment, but I cant sit here and convince myself that a Republican could "do it the same" as a Democrat, because that is straight crap.

If you ask for personal information on potential opponents to your candidate, and you have a past of attempting to destroy peoples reputations without losing a wink of sleep, theres no doubt in my mind the FOI Act is being abused in this case to attack these people, regardless of what party they are. (It just so happens that this time, and the last time, and teh times before that, they were all GOP)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plan2exist18
reply to post by antonia

I apologize for the brain comment, but I cant sit here and convince myself that a Republican could "do it the same" as a Democrat, because that is straight crap.

You haven't heard about it because Bush didn't have to go through the FOI act. He owned the White House remember?

If you ask for personal information on potential opponents to your candidate, and you have a past of attempting to destroy peoples reputations without losing a wink of sleep, theres no doubt in my mind the FOI Act is being abused in this case to attack these people, regardless of what party they are. (It just so happens that this time, and the last time, and teh times before that, they were all GOP)

And the GOP doesn't seek to destroy people? I remember Cheney tossing everyone he hated on the no-fly listed. If you want to keep buying into the left/right game do it to your hearts content. I won't be convinced that somehow the Democrats are move evil on this matter.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
FOIA means just that. The information is made publicly available.

There is at least one more name that should be added to the list - just to fire up this thread a little more widely;

Jeb Bush.

Though he has been effective at keeping a fairly low profile, with Florida dripping RED now and the advent of G.W. 's new bestseller, he has to at least be considered.

It was working for the Kennedys. The country may be OK with a Bush regime based on current angst mixed with general apathy and anxiety and just plain pissed off.

“The looming victories for Republican candidates next Tuesday is not a validation of the Republican Party at all,” former Gov. Jeb Bush of Florida said in an interview.

www.nytimes.com...

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush said a “Greece-like judgment day” is coming for state and local governments in the U.S. facing a growing debt problem.

blogs.wsj.com...

Sounds like the very early stages of testing the possibilities. If nothing else, just raising the faint possibility of another Bush presidency , even in 2016 should further test the mettle of the DNC and the short term memory of the USA citizens don't you think? He was a obvious backer of Rubio and has been active behind the scenes in rallies and fund-raisers. He is not even 60 y/o yet.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
More evil and less evil in the framework of the two parties as a whole is irrelevant as overall they are working towards the same agenda and dancing to a tune called by the revolving door corporate to appointee missions with stops at policy groups and think tanks inbetween Defaulting on corporate debts (but we made it harder for Citizens to go bankrupt so that they couldn't GAME THE SYSTEM ROFLMFAO)

Now more and less evil in reference to individual members of these organizations... I have to admit I tend to agree with very many people in that democrats are the more evil at the current juncture. I don't know something about their snide too smooth pseudo looking out for the little guy personas that front for their Nanny State Authoritarian agenda and eugenics type leanings plus their inherently self satisfied and assumed mental moral and otherwise UNQUESTIONABLE, in their minds, SUPERIORITY and their blithe CERTAINTY that THEY are the ONLY ONES that can LEAD us and how dare WE question THEIR PLANS don't we REALIZE that THEIR solution is FOR OUR OWN GOOD and don't WE REALIZE that WE should be GRATEFUL to them for their SELFLESS LEADERSHIP which by the way JUSTIFIES and makes the PERKS and DISPARITIES between how THEY EXPECT US TO LIVE versus THEIR LIFESTYLES OF OPULENCE which THEY JUSTIFY with some trite CRAP about how LEADERS NEED TO BE UNENCUMBERED BY BASE WORRIES OF SURVIVAL OR PHYSICAL DISCOMFORT IN ORDER THAT THEY MAY FOCUS THEIR ENERGIES ON LEADING the rest of US UNWASHED MASSES!!

So yeah those of us with HALF A BRAIN are sick of their schtick and SH** DON"T STINK ATTITUDES while at the same time their QUICK DRAW FINGER POINTING at anyone else who DARES try to take advantage of the BENEFITS AND PERKS that they FEEL ARE THEIR RIGHT TO CLAIM!!!

At least republicans will look you in the eye and say I have the money that's why I fly gulfstream and you fly Southwest if you don't like it MAKE MORE MONEY

Whereas democrats are on this kick and I do believe a serious majority of their numbers TRULY BELIEVE that THEY ARE SOMEHOW SPECIAL and NO ONE NO MATTER HOW MUCH MONEY THEY HAVE deserves the BENEFITS that they claim as THEIR RIGHT and Justify with the lame crap I posted above.

I'm a firm believer in the statement Don't P**s on my leg and tell me it;s raining!!

Which in this case translates to Don't try to tell me I need to sacrifice for the good of the world while you live like a king because you NEED THOSE PERKS TO HELP YOU LEAD... it's a shallow self serving elitist argument borrowed from Clergy and Aristocrats pre age of enlightenment and that's exactly what we're headed back to if people actually accept this and let their children be conditioned into believing that only certain people should live well because they somehow deserve it while they are called upon to sacrifice "FOR THE GOOD OF THE WORLD"

RANT OVER but GOD IT JUST Hacks me off so bad seeing the Obamanazis and PE LOSER acolytes....
or when I lived in utah watching robert redford who encourages people to keep their house 58 degrees in the winter and give up their cars etcetera while he drives around in his Ford EXCURSION ALONE and his house is the single largest Single family Residential POWER CONSUMER IN THE STATE OF UTAH!!

top topics

join