It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Republicans just made things a lot harder for themselves...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Why?

Well, they won the House and gained a level of political capital, isn't that a good thing?

...Oh wait, they actually have to start passing legislation now. They have to fix the economy like they said they would. They have to listen to he people like they said they would. And they have to give people all the things that they said are wrong with Obama's policy, cut down on taxes, and cut down on spending.

The Republicans can't cut down on spending, they can't cut down on taxes, and they aren't going to be able to do everything they said they would.

What's odd is that they're falling into a similar trap to the one Obama did...except Obama didn't know the situation he'd be in when he was making the promises.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Well then maybe people will wake the hell up and stop putting their faith in this rigged two party sham going on in washington dc... Probably not, but I can at least be optimistic. I try not to use the word hope whenever possible, obama ruined the words meaning for me lol.
edit on Wed, 03 Nov 2010 14:34:33 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Is one problem here, see the bickering between the elite parties are killing this country, both have done blunders due to corruption, both has deceived the voters with hopes, dreams and sugar coated lies.

Yes they have made things harder for themselves with promises to get attention and voters approval, but Republican really do not have to deliver anything, taking into consideration how politics has played around in the last decade, politics do not own anything anymore to the population and tax payer of the nation, that is how arrogant they have become.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Yes, voter confidence in the GOP will probably decline after this election, and if they succeed at blocking Democrat bills then the Dems will be able to paint them as the bad guys for getting in the way of progress. They'll be able to blame any future decline in the economy on the Republicans for blocking the Democratic plan at a critical point in time. I don't know how well the GOP will do in 2012, but things aren't looking good.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Very good OP.

Obama will still be expected to run his presidency and try to get his programs through with his ankles shackled by a Republican House thanks to the American Voters.

Between a Republican House and the pretend Southern Democrats, who are really Republicans wearing Democrat suits, Obama wil have his work cut out for him.

Most people do not realize that what is happening now, economy wise, is due to the decisions made by the previous administration (GWB).

Most people vote blindly via party prejudice and do not do their research. They are too busy reading their Twilight novels and watching Dancing with the Stars.

In my opinion, Republicans have always put the large corporations and elite ahead of the people.

George W Bush was stupid enough to admit such in his one speech when he coined the term, his "haves and have mores" but the average person is too proud, arrogant and stubborn to see this.

While I am sure to be flamed out of existence here on ATS, history will prove me right.

And yes I agree we need to change from a mostly two party system.

Now, when one votes for a party other than Democrat or Republican, it's a wasted vote.

One day, hopefully there will be a true change.

For now, read my location. It is mainly the large corporations that are calling the shots and not the people.
edit on 3-11-2010 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This is all the staging for Obama to be reelected in 2012. You see, the Democrats, Republicans, Liberals, Conservative, etc. are all the same. There is only different parties to keep the voters divided. This election was a prime example of this. Nobody voted for the best candidate, they voted based on party affiliation.

Now the plan set was to put the Republicans in just enough control (the House) so that when nothing gets done in two years, us the voters will have had enough and the next election, including the presidency will be taken by the Dem's in a landslide. By the Republicans taking over now, the voters will be so disgusted, that in two years they will gladly give it back to Obama and the Democrats.

edit on 3-11-2010 by Mudman21 because: Spelling and stuff!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It should’ve been foreseen really. You have to wonder if this is not the bipartisanship Obama was looking for. Now it seems to have happened by accident or was it planned all along?
Since the opposite party has to share the burden, that spares him criticisms for any future failures. It will be interesting to watch the strategies of the house and the senate from now.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Actually I think all they really have to do ... is nothing at all..

Block every bill that comes their way. Senate is still controlled by Dems, even if the House passed something Senate would kill it..

Effectively Obama is powerless now..
All I can hope for is now the Dems can't raise my taxes, albeit, perhaps just for a while....

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I actually agree with you! Hopefully, this was just a first step in getting more Independent and non-Politician types into the government, but these Republicans reaped a big reward for identifying with the Tea Party. They will be given an extremely short leash.

If party politics and in-fighting, and blunders begin to show up like they did with Obama, then we have a major problem, and I don't think it will get fixed at the polls next time!

Politicians ... if you are listening ....... do your jobs!! Let the depression happen, get it over with, and lets get on the road to recover. Let the banking cartel fall, get it over with, and lets get on with building a new one. Let the housing industry fall, get it over with, and lets get people back to work fixing things.

Otherwise..................

I don't think people will be rallying at the polls and voting in booths next time around.
I think it will happen in the streets, at the capitals, and at these crooks front doors!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Man, not even 24 hours after the Republicans have been voted the house majority people are already saying how they will suck and will further destroy the US.

Can we wait until they are actually sworn into office before yelling about how much the Republicans suck at being the house majority?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

We have them for 6 years before congress was won by Democrats and what did they did? or you have forgotten, still wanting to grab to those dreams of a better America thanks to party divisions, right? no in your wildest dream will dumb be better than dumber. . .

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Don't forget that quite a few of them are tea party candidates who registered as Republican to win the primaries and knock out half of the competition. Being registered as a Republican doesn't make someone a slave to the party.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Yea right now its a matter for the most part of keeping things from happening, slow down the dems. We all know they dont have the numbers, like the dems had to push through a garbage health care bill or something like that.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Thanks for the reality check I guess I forgot the deceptions also, lies, deceptions and corruption.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Becoming

We have them for 6 years before congress was won by Democrats and what did they did? or you have forgotten, still wanting to grab to those dreams of a better America thanks to party divisions, right? no in your wildest dream will dumb be better than dumber. . .

Yes we all know how you feel about politicians. You're so cool and the rest of us are beneath you. Now if you don't mind why don't you let those who are beneath you genius IQ level continue on the subject.

How dumb of me to say lets let them actually get sworn in first before slinging mud. After all these are the exact same people who was voted in so many years ago. Lordy I do wish I had gotten some of that edumication.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
reply to post by marg6043

Don't forget that quite a few of them are tea party candidates who registered as Republican to win the primaries and knock out half of the competition. Being registered as a Republican doesn't make someone a slave to the party.

So a lot of them lied about who they are just to get elected? That seems like just exactly what makes a good politician. So I am curious why anyone thinks they will even say Boo without Boehner giving them permission first anyway. I see the same old Republican faces all over the news in leadership positions and these Tea Party candidates seems whoefully quiet as well as their ATS waterboys.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

well if they repel obamacare, that one spending cut and tax cut in one,
and if they attack everything else that Obama and the dems have done wrong these past
2yrs that would be a great start

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap
Yes, voter confidence in the GOP will probably decline after this election, and if they succeed at blocking Democrat bills then the Dems will be able to paint them as the bad guys for getting in the way of progress. They'll be able to blame any future decline in the economy on the Republicans for blocking the Democratic plan at a critical point in time. I don't know how well the GOP will do in 2012, but things aren't looking good.

This type of political evaluation has had its day. lol I will say that it was something to see the old regular campaign tactics used by the republican, Its clear that many of them dont grasp what is going on. They are going into office here on f'n notice from the start. They used those old tired campaign tactics in some areas to beat the dems but they better wake up. I almost voted against one man that voted for the gun ban back in clintons day. I will be watching his anti 2nd attitude. Hes not riding a wave! He got booted in and he can be booted out.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I actually agree with you! Hopefully, this was just a first step in getting more Independent and non-Politician types into the government, but these Republicans reaped a big reward for identifying with the Tea Party. They will be given an extremely short leash.

They need now to get this Tea Party monkey off its back. lol Watch the measures to isolate the TP now. Let it die out. They are not going to want to look like they are doing any TP bidding. The TPs worst enemy in the future may be the republicans. In fact I saw some moves in this direction already today.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming

Yes we all know how you feel about politicians. You're so cool and the rest of us are beneath you. Now if you don't mind why don't you let those who are beneath you genius IQ level continue on the subject.

How dumb of me to say lets let them actually get sworn in first before slinging mud. After all these are the exact same people who was voted in so many years ago. Lordy I do wish I had gotten some of that edumication.

Why are you having an emotional response for someone accurately saying that the two party system is a sham and HAS been a sham?

By the way, he wasn't calling you dumb, he was saying we're essentially voting for dumb or dumber, although since you didn't understand it...
edit on 3-11-2010 by hippomchippo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join