It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There Any Way to Stop the Murder of Tariq Aziz?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Tariq Aziz is 74, and once the most senior Christian within Iraq’s former government.

Anyway here are 4 good articles, giving the intellectual reasons to oppose an old man’s, death sentence…

The charge against Iraq's former Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs, is religious discrimination. Ironically, half a million Iraqi Christians, have fled, due to persecution, since the invasion. Uncounted numbers have been murdered. They had lived side by side with the majority Muslim population, since, seemingly 33 AD., when it is believed, Saint Thomas founded Christianity in Mesopotamia.

www.globalresearch.ca...

2. Tariq Aziz is a man who knows too much
www.guardian.co.uk...

Tariq Aziz is old and unwell, but he has the mother of stories to tell. Throughout the 1980s, when Saddam was seen as an invaluable bulwark against the Iranian ayatollahs, a succession of western politicians and businessmen paid homage at the court of Tariq Aziz.

3. Moscow blames U.S. for Aziz death sentence
www.upi.com...

Konstantin Kosachev, an international affairs official in the Russian parliament, said the sentencing, which came two days after the watchdog group WikiLeaks released sensitive Iraqi documents, painted an alarming picture.

4. Vatican Calls for Sparing Tariq Aziz, a Chaldean Catholic, from Execution
catholic.org...

“It is truly to be hoped that the sentence against Tariq Aziz will not be carried out, precisely in order to favor reconciliation and the reconstruction of peace and justice in Iraq after the great suffering it has undergone."

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I don't have much to say on this matter, except that your quote from the first article is pretty confusing. Muslims did not exist until approximately 610 AD, so Christians couldn't have lived alongside them in Iraq since 33AD.

(I don't have much to say about the matter because situations like this are always way more complex than the any articles are going to tell us, and there are matters closer to home which I need to put that disentangling energy into. I am against the death sentence in almost every circumstance, though there are exceptions. I doubt this man is one of those exceptions, and if protests can be organized with enough attendees, the execution may be stayed due to political pressures. that's all I can say.)
edit on 3-11-2010 by Solasis because: explaining.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Clearly the author meant Christians have simply been living in Iraq since 33AD. The point is around 50% of Christians have fled Iraq since the fall of Saddam, www.chaldeanfederation.org...:-christian-community-of-iraq-halved-in-seven-years&catid=31:general& Itemid=46
www.pbs.org...
so it’s hardly just, Tariq Aziz be executed for religious persecution (for in tackling fanatical, Muslim terrorism) by today's government (given its Actively responsible for allowing & encouraging, real religious, persecution).

Today’s Iraq should not even be using the death penalty, because it too corrupt to deliver the accused, any certainty of justice. And no government, anywhere should be executing old men.
If you’re religious its mankind undercutting God’s work; and if you’re secular it’s still incompatible with most, modern day, morality.

join