It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brush or Cane Fires? South Florida, What's happening outside?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Hey anyone else in South Florida, what is going on? Is that smoke from a brush fire or controlled cane fields burning? Started smelling and noticing the smoke coming in from out west (everglades) around 6pm.

Right now outside in West Broward, layer of smelly smoke, like brush or cane burning, pretty dense in some spots, you can see the obvious layer of smoke when you look out the windows. There's no report on the news or any of our local news websites to say as to what it is....any clues anyone else?

[edit on 6-28-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Anything on the news perhaps.

Hey, that's that chick from Asoka in your avatar. That was a great movie with some really funny dance and song sequences. It was like a bunch of music videos thrown into a movie. It was awesome though, and Indian chicks are so HOT!

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
nothing on the news so far
but it's pretty bad out there, burning eyes and itchy throat already

btw i'm impressed you know the movie Asoka, bollywood is a good thing

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I'm in Tampa visiting my brother, and right now, there is such a storm! I'm, getting ready to build an ark!

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I'm in Southwest Florida (Naples) and I don't see nuttin'!

Maybe something will be on the local news tonight....

Of course, I realize you are in Broward... maybe a lightning strike caused a brush fire(?)

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
could be, but there were no storms in broward today, been extremely dry the past couple of days, i believe we are in the dryest wet season yet, 6 inches below normal rainfall... i'll check the news at 10pm, see what's happening.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
okay it was a 15 hundred acre brush fire, sparked by lightning directly west of my location.

still stinks outside, but not so smokey, finally beginning to clear up

new topics

top topics

join