It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your thoughts on thoughts?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
This is a totaly philosophical discusion. Im not interested in what you think the science is behind them. I could do a search on the internetm if i wanted to find that out.

So what are thoughts to you. Its weird that you have to use thoughts to try and work out what thoughts are. Where do they paint themselves for you to see them? Its like you have your own personal white board in your mind with full running comentary to go with it. Who are you talking to anyways? If the thoughts are yours then why the need to speak them out loud, when its inside your head anyways.

This is one subject that everyone must have a theory or philosophy on. After all we all use thoughts, thousands if not hundreds of thousands of times a day. I wonder whether many people stop to actually notice what a wonderful and mysterious thing they are.

Could they be your conciousness talking to your brain or vicer versa?

edit on 3/11/10 by KrypticCriminal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Ill have to think about it and get back to you.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Ill have to think about it and get back to you.

Ha ha!

I wish you could see me applauding sarcasticly

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I think thoughs are though about because we think.

That makes us human.

vVv

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Although more deeply related to your topic than the Title of this lecture suggests, this "personal time" paradox radically influences our "thoughts" and their relation to our ultimate reality. I highly suggest taking time to watch this lecture given by probably the worlds most decorated Physiologist around, and his very unique way of understanding THOUGHT in relation to TIME. I'm not very big on physiological content, but found this topic and lecture presented a tested theory that can be tied into many other conscious matters, including thought and its relation to quantum states of matter.

The Time Paradox: The New Psychology of Time That Will Change Your Life

edit on 3-11-2010 by SaganTool because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

Thoughts are memory cards for the mind. The thinking process is actually a split-second process - because a 'think' immediately becomes a 'thought' - which is why the thinking process is so hard to define, especially verbally.

I think,therefore I am.

I thought, therefore I was.

Which is why I always ask someone "What are your thoughts?", rather than "What do you think?"

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrypticCriminal
If the thoughts are yours then why the need to speak them out loud, when its inside your head anyways.

No, thoughts are not what you want to speak.

Every person on planet earth hates people, and does that other person have a right to know that, no.

Only you can understand your thoughts fact.

I have had 18.5 years of minority report garbage techs used on me. They are never ever right full stop, and they perve into my mind desperate to actually get one thing right, but never are. Thoughts cannot, get it cannot be worked out by another person, and my life is proof of this after 18.5 years of my life being ruined by it.

There is no such thing as pre crime as my life has shown. Every person on planet earth hates people, what percentage of them kill someone with there bare hands, a very small percentage, but you all have those thoughts.

The people behind these techs that have destroyed my life from uka nd usa, are thick beyond words of imagination. They have never ever taken a thought from my mind and been right ever, and they have totally wrecked my life in doing so.

Just like how they perve into our family, and i have never ever been in no army. What these clowns did, was perve into our home claiming my bro in law who was in the army was me, and somehow his thoughts where me.

Another example, i have not ever been interested in females ever. clowns from child protection agency or what ever that agency is called came into our home to interview me. I have never ever been interested in females in my life. So how and why did these clowns ever think i had children. Imagien that you would rather be dead than have sex with females, but these clowns came around to interview me about children. Absolutely amazing, that these peopel have jobs.

You see the clowns running society. No one on earth has gone through the rubbish minority report garbage rubbish i have.

No one on earth undertsnads anothers thoughts fact, my life has been ruined over this and they have never been right once. Get it you useless uk and usa clowns who absolutely wrecked my life with these useless techs, that cannot have any application other than ridicule people.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
My thoughts aren't exactly like one whiteboard.

I have at least three or more going. Maybe more than one of these has more, in a column.

The first one is the weirdest to me. This is the one from which thoughts seem to spring. It's almost as if I think of something before I think of it. Once I recognize it, it passes to the next one - which is what I'm thinking on currently. Whatever tasks I have, have their own board, and the focus of these is whatever I'm doing. The next one, is my "what-if" - which I can determine which would be the best route to follow, or the plan of action for any particular task calculating maximum profit/time management. Oh, there's another board in there somewhere too where I mull over what has just happened on the current board.

The first thoughts are what confuses me. Where do these thoughts come from? Some sort of consciousness has assembled them, I've no doubt. Do they come from deep within? An outside source? Maybe it's tinfoil hat time, IDK.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Does not matter what your thoughts are, i can bet my life not one person on this earth can take these thoughts with technologies, and be able to understand you or what your thoughts mean.

Not one single time in the 18.5 years i have put up with minority report garbage techs like this, have these peopel been right.

So if you hear about these techs being used in court, its bull. The people using techs to understand thoughts have no understanding what they are doing fact.

Like i said, i have never been in no army,a nd they where taking my bro in laws thoughts while he was in our home, claiming they where mine.

So uk military get this, i have never been in your army get it. Your techs that you use on your soldiers may be high tech, but you the analyst are useless.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I have no clue what you're talking about.

Are you the victim of an experiment the govt did?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Symbols and expressions.

An exotic form of metaphorical abstraction.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sykickvision

I have no clue what you're talking about.

Are you the victim of an experiment the govt did?

I think they are doing it to loads of peopel.

My rants about these techs are mainly aimed at people doing this to me. I found out in 1992 that they where using these techs in schools in london, and they have been in my life ever since, ruining it at every occasion.

These techs may be able to take thoughts from your mind, but no one on earth can take any thought froma persons brain and tell anyone what it means. You will hear lots of propaganda that they can, and they pretend they can do some sort of precrime with it, no they cannot. They have never been right in my life ever, and in 18.5 years that is alot of thoughts isn't it.

I do not think its secret that much any more, as what they have done to me what pretty public, as everyone who knows me knows this is going on. So i doubt it is that secret, but the techs may be able to take thoughts, but the analysis of these thoughts is useless, so the technology is useless for anything but ridiculing a person.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Thoughts derive from our memory which is our accumulated knowledge that we have.
Thought means time, because it is always in a direction and it is measurement because we compare.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by godddd
Thoughts derive from our memory which is our accumulated knowledge that we have.
Thought means time, because it is always in a direction and it is measurement because we compare.

I do not agree, thoughts can be a cummilation of life, but what about that spark we have that has nothing to do with us? What about imagination, what about fantasies that we do not want to have nothing to do with in real life, what about all the dark thoughts we all have, what about thoughts that are mist of the thoughts we have that mean nothing, absolutely nothing.

Not one thought is meant for another, and how can you tell what one thought means over another. You can never. Just imagaine all the different types of thoughts you have.

What about telepathic thoughts we all pick up occasinally, that have nothing to do with us. How can anyone understand those thoughts, no one can.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Thats kind of the, "I think therefore i am philosophy" but is it our thoughts that make us what we are or are we just able to think about what makes us what we are? Which would seperate the two propositions by definition.

Maybe our thoughts are what defines our personality, but we could live without them. Albeit as a mindless drone that acts out of instict alone.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SaganTool

Thanks i'll definatley watch that when i get home, then i'll let you know what i think.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I think your confusing my question. Im not asking whether you act on your thoughts and i understand that everyone has bad thoughts at times. Im asking what you think thoughts themselves are?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by godddd

Then how do you explain the ability to concieve things that have not previously been concieved of. Theres no memorys that you have to go on, yet the thoughts and ideas appear never the less.
edit on 3/11/10 by KrypticCriminal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrypticCriminal
Maybe our thoughts are what defines our personality, but we could live without them.

Na, thoughts do not make your personality.

Priests and monks and nuns think about sex, but they are celibate,a nd do not want to have sex.

So everyone thinks baout sex, but what about those that do not want to have sex.

See thoughts do not make us the people we are, if so nuns and monks and priests woudl be as sex mad as teh rest of you.

Thoughts are something humans cannot understand. Humans have this idea that they are just this spark of electrical energy in teh brain,a nd a word means the same to one person that it means to another. No.

Just like above. How come nuns, priests and monks all think about sex,a nd not want it like you people?

See thoughts do not make the person, fact.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

A thought is where anything and everything....had a beginning.

A thought, is the start....of a conscious being...being able to 'ex-press' itself into outer emanations.

To think-is to create.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join