It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIME TRAVEL? ...what? (i'm a noob so lock please)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
When most think of time travel they think of back to the future and sci-fi movies, right? At least that's what I thought as well. But, I was shown a picture recently that, although it doesn't offer much concrete evidence either way, it's still worth discussing.
The image comes from a virtual museum that can be visited here.
It's a canadien website, and since it seems to be educational and has open public exhibits, we can assume it to be creditable. The image in question can be viewed at this link:
The website
The caption says: Reopening of the South Fork Bridge after flood in Nov. 1940. The crowd looks normal, dressed in 1940's attire... until you set your eyes on the man with the sun glasses and the coat. He sticks out as not dressed at all for the time period...he looks very out of place. He is obviously not dressed for the time period...and someone said the M on his shirt represented the MAD magazine logo, which could be disputed. Something's up, though.
Feel free to discuss and rebunk.
This article brings up some good points...but still, I bet ATS has some thoughts on this.
edit on 1-11-2010 by summerdreary because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Clicky

- Phoenix

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by summerdreary

there is a Massive thread on this pic already on here...

months old...

and i mean MASSIVE thread.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-11-2010 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by summerdreary
When most think of time travel they think of back to the future and sci-fi movies, right? At least that's what I thought as well. But, I was shown a picture recently that, although it doesn't offer much concrete evidence either way, it's still worth discussing.
The image comes from a virtual museum that can be visited here.
It's a canadien website, and since it seems to be educational and has open public exhibits, we can assume it to be creditable. The image in question can be viewed at this link:
The website
The caption says: Reopening of the South Fork Bridge after flood in Nov. 1940. The crowd looks normal, dressed in 1940's attire... until you set your eyes on the man with the sun glasses and the coat. He sticks out as not dressed at all for the time period...he looks very out of place. He is obviously not dressed for the time period...and someone said the M on his shirt represented the MAD magazine logo, which could be disputed. Something's up, though.
Feel free to discuss and rebunk.
This article brings up some good points...but still, I bet ATS has some thoughts on this.

Yes, it's very interesting, it was discussed before, but I don't know what ATSers concluded about this picture. IMO, this was photoshopped. But who knows.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
That was debunked...the sun glasses and the coat can be found for that time era...

Just look up John Titor for the real time traveler....

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 123321

This is a good summary I think

- Phoenix

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

edit on 1-11-2010 by TimeSimple because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix_zephyr
reply to post by 123321

This is a good summary I think

- Phoenix

Thats crazy deja vu. i remember reading that post as it was posted.. and...blowing my mind

new topics

top topics

join