It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Brother can you spare a dime': Man begs to Obama

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The picture in the article may become iconic in the situation that America faces today. I feel for the man. He looks like he has age on him and it may be nearly impossible for him to find a job.

There is really not much you can say about the picture except for "Welcome to the New Amercica." or "This is the Change Obama Promised Us."

Obama may invite him to the White House for a beer or two. That's what is customary of this POTUS.

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1325640/Man-kneels-ground-begs-President-Obamas-passing-car.html?ito=feeds-newsxml]www.dailymail.co.uk[/u rl]
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1/11/10 by Intelearthling because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
lollll, spare some CHANGE?

2nds

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

Man , I could Swear that guy is Dave Chappelle ......I'm Po Bee Otch ! ..........

edit on 1-11-2010 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

i297.photobucket.com...
edit on 1-11-2010 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I feel for the guy, but he couldn't have expected to get any help doing that, could he?

First off, the President isn't likely to see him. Second off, the President can't adopt the role of someone who gives to beggers, otherwise he will be plagued with beggers wherever he goes.
edit on 1-11-2010 by gatorboi117 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
he should have started washing his windows.

this seems like propaganda. only because, how many people have done something similar? he knelt next to the car. he could have said "thank you" . if he really wanted a dime he would have tried to stop the vehicle, not get a photo op.

maybe i sound mean, but i just think its only news beecause of the election.

whos idea was the "brother" anyway? if he said brother to the pres, you definately arent gonna get that dime. if it was the news media, well them racist.
edit on 1-11-2010 by Myendica because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gatorboi117

You think the secret service would let that happen?

Nah he should have stopped and given himself some good publicity.

Unfortunately that would have been the only reason he would have stopped.
edit on 1-11-2010 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gatorboi117

I think this picture is going to be iconic of the economic situation that America is in. While the republicans and Democrats point finger at each other in Washington, people like the guy in the picture, are suffering and more and more people are face with joining him.

This one picture, like the picture of the Marines raising the flag on Iwo Jima changed Americas opinion on WWII, is going to become a powerful symbol for the Republicans to use in 2012 if nothing changes.

And the guy does have an uncanny resemblance to Dave Chappelle. For all we know, it could've been him.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

I'm far from a Obama supporter, trust me. My first reaction to the photo was.... Was that staged? Maybe it's just being on this site so long, but my first thought was "What a good photo op to make the President look bad." Any word on who the begging person is and what his story is?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
"got any CHANGE"

at least he knows where to ask, lol too easy

seriously though we are supposed to believe the secret service let this man kneel next to the presidents car and beg for help like hes praying, come on
either he wasn't in that specific car or this is staged, come on kneeling and praying

edit on 1-11-2010 by all answers exist because: spelling

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I wonder how many dimes he got given to do this?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

this image is word a thousands words

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3dcfb12122b1.jpg[/atsimg]

someone in need of real help and sorry peon you don't matter and the plights of millions of other americans do not mean anything to the left or obama but their own lust and greedy for power.

this image is indeed iconic of today and tomorrow and the next 2 years.

leftist democratic party of the little person well i don't know how much smaller that you can get than that poor soul may god have mercy because the left sure doesn't.
edit on 1-11-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
This man was recently employed, as evidenced by this photograph. I wouldn't worry too much about him.

It's obvious this was staged. The article has very little to do with with man or the incident, yet it uses a title and photograph of the man and incident to attract the viewers.

He got some dimes, that's for sure.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I am taking bets now that this image will soon be photoshopped,with the kneeling guy juxtaposed with Obama on his pedestal,or in the WH.

Its asking for it really.
I wonder what the kneeeling mans story is?

Did he work for Lehman Brothers until last year,or is he just a regular meth user?
Either way the brother was fooled into wasting his life.
edit on 1/11/2010 by Silcone Synapse because: spelling indescretion

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
My first instinct here is 100% staged. The guy is probably an actor who was hired by the Repubs to stage the event.

Originally posted by neo96

leftist democratic party of the little person well i don't know how much smaller that you can get than that poor soul may god have mercy because the left sure doesn't.

I hope you of all people are not buying into this crap?
edit on 11-1-2010 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
This just in: staged photos like this almost never become 'iconic'

He has a towel under his knees for pete sake. Sensationalism at it's very best.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

of course it was staged but at least had to try to act like a sheeple .

he was too clean to be a street person.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

lol... yeah, I was thinking the same thing. His shoes kind of gave him away.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Could be , maybe if you Zoomed in on that Pic. ................Hmm...........

i297.photobucket.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
If the president will not help his own relatives on welfare why would he help a black stranger?
Either way the photo has to be staged. the SS would never let anyone get this close to the car.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join