It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would be creating a A.I. being that could love be an abomination?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I don't agree with AI whatsoever, let alone an AI that can love.

Haven't you seen terminator?

Unfortunately AI technology actually exists to an extent..

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Artificial Intelligence will NEVER be able to truly "love" someone or something or have "real" feelings. They probably have the technology to make a "robot" appear to show "feelings" but it would never be real.

The only reason we cry or feel emotions for robots in movies is because it's Hollywood. They know how to affect you in a movie by using cute faces and sappy music.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sportbominable
Artificial Intelligence will NEVER be able to truly "love" someone or something or have "real" feelings. They probably have the technology to make a "robot" appear to show "feelings" but it would never be real.

The only reason we cry or feel emotions for robots in movies is because it's Hollywood. They know how to affect you in a movie by using cute faces and sappy music.

How can you say they will NEVER love. This is like saying people will NEVER fly!

And who's teh fool who wears the crown?
edit on 1-11-2010 by TimeSimple because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
No.

Creating such a being who is sentient as we are and especially who can love - could not be an abomination in and of itself.

How we would treat these "Children of humanity" would be the crux as to whether or not it would be an abomination.

Whether or not we want it, we WILL create machines that become self-aware; processing power is just beginning to rival that of the human brain. Inside of 20 years, I believe consciousness will happen among our most advanced machines.

The moral implications are astounding. If we build slaves, who become self-aware and try to keep these machines as slaves and property, then we fail; we are no better than the slavers who thought africans were property and not humans.

My own theory is that even as machines advance toward humanity, we will advance toward machine - artificial implants and such.

As I said in a previous thread - I think us and those we've created will meet in the middle, and even love is not out of the question.

This begs the question: those that created us humans, watching as we in turn create our children - will one day rise when we meld with our creators?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger
No.

Creating such a being who is sentient as we are and especially who can love - could not be an abomination in and of itself.

How we would treat these "Children of humanity" would be the crux as to whether or not it would be an abomination.

Whether or not we want it, we WILL create machines that become self-aware; processing power is just beginning to rival that of the human brain. Inside of 20 years, I believe consciousness will happen among our most advanced machines.

The moral implications are astounding. If we build slaves, who become self-aware and try to keep these machines as slaves and property, then we fail; we are no better than the slavers who thought africans were property and not humans.

My own theory is that even as machines advance toward humanity, we will advance toward machine - artificial implants and such.

As I said in a previous thread - I think us and those we've created will meet in the middle, and even love is not out of the question.

This begs the question: those that created us humans, watching as we in turn create our children - will one day rise when we meld with our creators?

Hammer of the gods!

bigthink.com...

But for some reason theen.wikipedia.org... us from this.

And maybe one day...

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
You are now actually telling me that codes will feel love? It's just a mask showing expressions due to commands.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TimeSimple

Not sure what you meant there - can you clarify?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GlobalAgenda
You are now actually telling me that codes will feel love? It's just a mask showing expressions due to commands.

I think there is a point where machines will program themselves, and the code becomes so complex that humans can't grasp it - at the same time the capacity for processing exceeds our own.

I believe there is a tipping point we are coming up on; where our creations achieve our self awareness, including the capacity for love, and we intersect them via implants and such.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Will they align with GOD. I believe so!

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

maybe GOD wants us to think about things.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
It doesnt really matter, for ai, is not consciousness without soul. Its just a toaster and that Love would just be a program.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
One could look at man as an AI being.

An abomination with a heart (stone or otherwise). Frankenstein

But will man earn his brain?

edit on 6-11-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

top topics

join