It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Refreshing News This Election Eve: Louisville Politician John Yarmuth Donates Congressional Salary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Well, I just heard some refreshing news on the tv, which I will follow up with a couple of links.

I just discovered our congressional representative, has for the past couple of years, donated his congressional salary of over 120,000 dollars to local charities.

This is refreshing news, and I wonder if anyone else's local representives donate their 100,000 dollar plus salary to their local chrities?

www.yarmuthforcongress.com...

John Yarmuth: Democratic Representative from Kentucky and father of one, Yarmuth is passionate defender of programs that empower people to increase their own economic independence and strengthen their financial security. He supports his staff of 18, 5 of whom are working moms, with office policies that promote flexibility, professional development, and work-life balance. Yarmuth donates his entire Congressional salary to a variety of charities in Louisville, KY.

one more link

You do not hear much dirt on this Kentucky politian, and he seems to run positive clean campaigns. At least he puts his money where his mouth is so to speak, which is REFRESHING this election eve, 2010.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I most certainly applaud his decision.

At the same time, I don't think public servants should be paid anywhere near what they are paid. When we serve as jurors, we are paid by the day and a paltry sum at that. Perhaps that would explain why so many people try to get out of jury duty?

The same rule should apply to the "public servants" at the state and federal levels. My guess is you'd see a drastic decrease in the number of opportunists who seek public office.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Thanks for posting this. I can't remember the last time I felt good about a politician. What a supreme badass.

new topics

join