It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

read whole thing before you judge it Fad "Low Carb" diets, Possible language, rated MA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Ok this is what ticks me

The wwhole atkins Craze the thing where you cut carbohydrates, calories, and sugar out of your diets. IMO, arnt those 3 of the maybey 5-6 sources of energy for the human body?

Ok you know those Coke C2 commercials with the background song "you cant always get what you want" Has anyone beside me notice that somehow, miraculiously, the "carb counting loser always manage to get what they want. if they dont get it, LAWYER STAMPEDE! useless court cases that last weeks over bread and waste taxpayer dollars. why dont restaurants just say # you to the carb counters.

Another thing has anyone seen the maybey 5-10% of the atkins people who accually need to lose weight? the other 95% are either
Male:180-210 normal
Female: 140-170 Normal

or they are underweight trying to lose a few pounds for beach season. here is a newsflash for you: YOUR THIN ALREADY GO TO HELL!

ill add to it when i think of more

THE FIRST AMENDMENT RULES!

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Aye I agree. The "Low Carb Diet" is bull#. How many people have truly lost any weight over such a ludicrous plan? Err, uhh, 5 out of a hundred

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
another thing, these people MAY lose weight, but they will die of a heart attack, and i hate those "free $50 Giftcard" popups, anyway give me a can of good old all american

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
No need to cut carbs out of your diet.

You want loose weight?

Eat sensible meals and excersice.

No Big secret. People are just too goddamn lazy to excersice.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
What happened to eating healthy and the 4 food groups?

You need some carbs, they are vital.

Everyone is just looking for the miracle, put your big mac down and exercise your fat lazy asses.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I agree with you, but the last time I checked, 140-170 isn't a normal weight for a fe-male.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
fat lazy americans, i mean is it really that hard to run a few miles a day!? even if you cant take the abuse of working out, at least eat balance meals. eating meat alone can lead to some very serious illness

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I love the Atkins diet for 1 reason only. It pisses all of the Peta people off that we are eating all of those tasty animals by the truck loads

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
no....PETA stands for People Eating Tasty Animals...didnt you know??

If i remember correctly the founder of the Atkins diet died at 250+ pounds. He was fat...either he didnt even follow his diet cuz he knew it was bull#...or he followed it and it didnt work.

[Edited on 29-6-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Of the almost 20 people, including a friend's heart doctor, who have "done Atkins", I can honestly say they all lost weight. And they weren't skinny folks who wanted to take off that last annoying 5 lbs, but real weight. The book explains the thought process behind it and it makes sense. It's not "all carbs out", it's just lowering the intake and adding exercise. It's keeping the healthy carbs. It's not "all the meat you can eat" or "meat only". Trouble is, some folks listen long enough to get the gist of it, (they think), and decide that's how it is. I think it's when all the low-carb claims start coming out that people get so annoyed, but why? Don't buy it/eat it/pay for it/etc if it's not your bag. The marketplace will supply what people want to buy. It's how they continue making money.

Everybody wanted more for their money so there was SuperSize/Biggie et al. Then lots of folks wanted healthier choices, but still with fast food convenience. Salads popped up. Then people wanted lower fat, so low fat and skim things showed up on the menus. Now people want low-carb, so here it is. It's just a convenience for those who are into it and shouldn't be such a trauma for those who aren't. I don't think it has anything to do with laziness because those I know who have been successful have gotten more active as their energy levels increased. So a diet says cut out all refined sugar. What's wrong with that? I don't know a single health benefit that comes from eating refined sugar or processed food. And it shows alternatives and suggestions for meals to people who are intimidated by An Official Eating Plan.

Something works for everyone. Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, South Beach, Fasting, Cabbage Soup, whatever. For some it's a fad. For some it's the plan that they could live with that finally worked. I knew a guy who developed his own diet and called it "Half the Man I Used To Be". On his plan, he ate only half of what he'd normally eat without cutting out anything. Instead of two, he got one. Instead of the whole thing, he ate half. It worked! Going by the book, he only cut calories and increased activity. But he ate fatty food, McDonald's, cookies, all of it... just not so much. One man's fad is another man's answer.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This is good, are you ready for this?

Herman, who asked you, torque who cares, anyway,

Atkins may prove bad for da ladies who wanna shoot out a kid from them (no offence to anybody) the high protean part where you eat a diet of the like 35%ish protien diet, a egg wont embedd on the uterus wall (the only sex ed i like, the damn ACLU tried to stop it)

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I care. Because it's all about me in my world.

top topics

join