It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-22 to be featured on Fox (News) show tonight

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 04:37 AM
link   
the only reason I said the raptor had the most powerful engines ever produced was because I was reading it of this article on the F-22 and I also heard it on a TV show that's why the raptor can supercruise at mach 1.6 without after burner cuz the engine is so powerful.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
the only reason I said the raptor had the most powerful engines ever produced was because I was reading it of this article on the F-22 and I also heard it on a TV show that's why the raptor can supercruise at mach 1.6 without after burner cuz the engine is so powerful.

The engines are pretty awesum bit of technology, but I think the supercruise is moe a function of the weight of the airplane and the use of high bypass turbofans (I think)

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Don't worry, F-22 really has the most powerfull engines ever produced (of course only for fighters/intreceptors). It's engines without afterburner are still more powerfull than Su-27/30/35 engines with afterburner!

<< 1   >>

join