It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professor Robert Jacobs receives harassments after he goes public

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Professor Robert Jacobs receives harassments after he goes public about what he know about the UFOs that shot beam of lights at a dummy warhead.

ufosearchonline.com...
www.youtube.com...

Professor Robert Jacobs, former Lt. US Air Force
November 2000
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professor Jacobs is a respected professor at a major US university. In the 1960’s he was in the Air Force. He was the officer in charge of optical instrumentation and his job was to film ballistic missile tests launched from Vandenberg Air Force base in California. In 1964, during a test of the first missile they filmed, they caught on film a UFO traveling right next to the missile. He says it looked like two saucers cupped together with a round ping-pong ball like surface on top. The film showed that from the ball a beam of light was directed at the missile. This happened four times, from four different angles, as the missile was about 60 miles up and traveling at 11,000 to 14,000 miles an hour. The missile tumbled out of space and the UFO left. The next day he was shown the film by his commanding officer and was told to never speak of this again. He said, if it ever comes up you are to say that it was laser strikes from the UFO. Professor Jacobs thought this unusual because in 1964 lasers were in their infancy in the labs but he never the less agreed and hasn’t talked about it for 18 years. Years later, after an article came out about the film, professor Jacobs started receiving harassing phone calls at early hours in the morning. His mailbox was even blown up out in front of his house.
What we photographed up at Vandenberg Air Force Base affected me for the rest of my life and made a huge impact on my understanding of the universe and of Governmental manipulation of our minds.

edit on 31-10-2010 by Anunaki10 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/31/2010 by 12m8keall2c because: clipped quoted content, added required external source tags

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Receiving strange phone calls after talking about UFOs? Surely not, Professor Robert Jacobs need not worry though, I'm sure the usual suspects from on here will be along to tell him how ridiculous that idea is.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Anunaki10

In that case, is it any wonder we won't divulge what we know...
He stated that his "ignorance of the implied matter and or not being told" that "it" was top secret, was a free ticket to divulge said facts.

Bold but dangerous

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
Receiving strange phone calls after talking about UFOs? Surely not, Professor Robert Jacobs need not worry though, I'm sure the usual suspects from on here will be along to tell him how ridiculous that idea is.

Yeah, he certainly made a huge risk by doing this. He goes on saying:

"After 18 years it occurred to me that I could talk about this one incident because nobody ever told me it was classified top-secret. If you parse what Major Mansmann said, he said, you are to say this never happened. Well, that’s not classifying it top-secret, is it? That’s why I felt free to talk about it. It’s not a secondhand story. This happened to me. And I was a part of a United States Air Force cover-up for 18 years.

After an article [came out about the incident], the # hit the fan! I started being harassed at work. I started getting odd telephone calls that would come during the day. At night, at my house I would get telephone calls- all night long sometimes 3:00 in the morning, 4:00 in the morning, midnight, 10:00, people would call and start screaming at me. >>You are going down mother #er! You are going down mother #er!>Skyrockets in your box at night, oh what a beautiful sight, mother #er!

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Bob Jacobs had Phil Klass on his ass from day one. It got to the point where Klass was writing to Jacobs' employers in a attempt to smear him out of a job. Since then, he's continued to have a lot of stick. Even Jim Oberg has written to him privately to criticise his actions of going public with an incident that relates to national security. So yeah, Jacobs' should be about used to it all by now!

In my opinion, the Big Sur case is potentially a major incident. It isn't just Jacobs' word that some type of flying object despatched the Atlas test flight. It's been confirmed many times by Chief Science Officer at Vandenberg AFB, Major Florenz J. Mansmann. His private and public acknowledgement of the incident (as described by Jacobs) is available to read all over the internet.

There are questions about the incident. All the most interesting incidents come ready-made with problems...it's just par for the course! There are questions about whether or not the cameras in question could film something clearly, at distance and at speed. It should be simple to ascertain this by looking at the film footage. Easy. True to form, the footage has been lost. The evidence to prove it either way is AWOL as usual. Now that's suggestive to some, but really it's just absence of evidence...

As much as it seems like a strong case, we can't get further than the two claims by Mansmann and Jacobs. I think it comes down to who people want to believe or what level of evidence is enough to draw conclusions. Either way, it's one of the UFO cases that's somewhere around my Top 10.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

It's too bad this happened so long ago, so one must take it on faith or belief in order to seriously add it to the mix.

However, I don't see a lot in these modern times. Some claims here and there from the usual suspects, but nothing epic or documented. That it because they couldn't get away with it. If they fabricated the evidence they would be caught (such as several recent cases) or they would just have to make the claim with no evidence. Many wouldn't believe someone claiming harassment after UFO's these days with no evidence, one because everybody and their brother claims to see them, and if someone came through with anything serious they would already know to "watch their back" and record any suspicious activity around them after the claim. I know if I had real irrefutable evidence of something, I would already have a system in place to watch my back and record/report any harassment.....because I would sue the crap out of them! I'm in American, we get rich off harassment!!!!! I would get more money from the harassment lawsuit than from the UFO evidence anyway

I think looking back at old cases like this if fun, but fruitless more often than not.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anunaki10
The next day he was shown the film by his commanding officer and was told to never speak of this again.

Seems strange if they would show him the video again if they wanted to cover it up.

Originally posted by Anunaki10
He said, if it ever comes up you are to say that it was laser strikes from the UFO. Professor Jacobs thought this unusual because in 1964 lasers were in their infancy in the labs but he never the less agreed and hasn’t talked about it for 18 years.

So they told him to say it was lasers from the UFO?

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Seems strange if they would show him the video again if they wanted to cover it up.

I think you will find it's called a debriefing. If you had actually read the article, he claims they wanted to know if they were perpetrating some kind of joke.

Now when the lights came on, Major Mansmann turned around looked at me and said, were you guys screwing around up there? And I said, no sir. And he said, what was that? And I said, it looks to me like we got a UFO

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

If you had actually read the article, he claims they wanted to know if they were perpetrating some kind of joke.

I did read the article. They would not need the film to debrief him. If they wanted to keep what happened a secret, why show the video; Dr. Jacobs would never have know what happened otherwise.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I'm only guessing here but i wonder if they showed him the film... because.... I was the officer in charge of optical instrumentation at Vandenburg Air Force Base in the 1369th photo squadron and as such it was my duty to supervise the instrumentation photography of every missile that went dow and they wanted to know if he'd been arsing about? Just a thought...

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I'm only guessing here but i wonder if they showed him the film... because.... I was the officer in charge of optical instrumentation at Vandenburg Air Force Base in the 1369th photo squadron and as such it was my duty to supervise the instrumentation photography of every missile that went dow and they wanted to know if he'd been arsing about? Just a thought...

You're still not getting it.

If they wanted to know if his team had been screwing around, it was a simple matter of just asking him. There would be no need to show the video, especially since they already had a cover-story and did not want him talking about it outside the cover-story. Whatever happened, they supposedly wanted to keep a secret. He would have been none of the wiser if they had not shown him the film. At yet they did. Even their questions made no sense.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I can see your point and firemoon's point.

If they didn't know what was on the film, maybe they wanted to show it to him to see if he had any reaction, if he had been screwing around or doctored the film.

And maybe the fact that they didn't classify it means they didn't know what it was and it wasn't ours.

One thought that occurred to me was an account of one of Apollo 12 getting struck by lightning after taking off, which would be a similar situation of a rocket after takeoff. I know Jacobs described it as more of a beam than lightning, but he did say the distance was very great so it may have been lacking in detail such that at that distance a lightning strike and a beam might look similar. But I guess that wouldn't really explain what the UFO was, unless it was some kind of plasma glow at the other end of the electrical discharge, like a St Elmo's fire type of thing.

Apollo 12

Apollo 12 launched on schedule from Kennedy Space Center, during a rainstorm... Thirty-six-and-a-half seconds after lift-off, the vehicle triggered a lightning discharge through itself and down to the earth through the Saturn's ionized plume.

I do find this one of the more interesting accounts because Jacobs comes across as very credible, but it's unfortunate the film is not available. I wonder if Jacobs or anyone has ever tried filing a FOIA for the film?

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
If they didn't know what was on the film, maybe they wanted to show it to him to see if he had any reaction, if he had been screwing around or doctored the film.

Such can be achieved without showing him the film.

I think he saw exactly what they wanted him to see.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

But whats the point of him lying? Whats the point of going through all the ridicule he went through? Maybe there is a reason why they showed him the footage, who knows, but the man seems genuine to me. But at the same time, its not evidence, which is a shame

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
No you're not getting it ... You do not accuse people of arsing about in such a sensitive area of the military without actually confronting them with some evidence. The only evidence was the film. I'd suggest try thinknig it through in alogical manner first.

They call him in and demand to know without showing him any evidence was he arsing around..

He says no and demands to know what they are talking about...

They tell him

He naturally demands to see the evidence..

They say no...

He immediately starts cutting up rough because now, his record could end up with a black mark on it and he wasn't given any chance to view the evidence against him... At which point he demands a hearing to clear the whole thing up...

The moment he demands a hearing even if it never actually happens, a whole rake of people they do not want involved become exactly that and all of a sudden, people from all over are asking questions about the incident and there's a a damn good chance the press will hear about it.

So, naturally, they seek to stop it all right there, keep it in house and no-one receives a black mark, including his own senior officers. .

Nothing strange about that at all

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

There was a FOIA request and the answer was ultimately a blanket denial that such tape ever existed. As far as the 'beams' being lightning...maybe. The description of the object as being a 'saucer-shaped craft' was maintained by Mansmman in public and private statements. In that light, are the claims of beams more notable than the claim of capturing a solid craft circling an unarmed ICBM?

It's an interesting old case from many angles.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tribble

In that case, is it any wonder we won't divulge what we know...
He stated that his "ignorance of the implied matter and or not being told" that "it" was top secret, was a free ticket to divulge said facts.

Bold but dangerous

Bold but dangerous, yes. Major Mansmann warned him about the consequenses:

"Now Major Mansmann said to me after some discussion about it, >>You are never to speak of this again. As far as you are concerned, this never happenedI don’t need to emphasize the dire consequences of a security breach, do I?>No sirFine. This never happenedWait a minuteYears from now if you are ever forced by someone to talk about this, you are to tell them it was laser strikes, laser tracking strikesYes, that’s exactly what happened. It takes a lot of guts to do that

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Dr.Jacobs can be quite passionate about his experience when confronted. Remember when he was on Larry king Live and got into it with Bill Nye, that was hilarious.
edit on 31-10-2010 by TressPasseR because: forgot a word

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join