It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe as a Superpower vs USA, Russia, China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Im opening up a discussion regarding the forming of a European State, a very real possibility for the 21st century, Europe already being described as a "Non Imperial Empire"

Lets see how Europe would stand up against the rest of the world, in military dominance.

"The military of the European Union today comprises the several national armed forces of the Union's 27 member states, as the area of defence is primarily the domain of nation states."

EuroCorps

Dedicated Army of the Defence of Europe
Eurocorps comprises approximately 1,000 soldiers stationed in Strasbourg and up to 60,000 troops pledged for deployment in EU or NATO rapid-response missions.

Lets look at some stats of the European Union if we became a superstate.

Active personnel 1,800,707
Reserve personnel 4,500,000
(Not including Turkey)

Compared to the USA.

Active personnel 1,477,896
Reserve personnel 864,547

Compared to China.

Active Personnel 2,285,000
Reserve personnel 510,000

Compared to Russia
Active Personnel 1,027,000
Reserve Personnel 20,000,000

Here are the stats, let the discussion begin, how do you see the world panning out in the next 100 years, which superpowers will rise, and who will fall.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I don't think it really matters. TPTB from most countries are in cahoots with eachother anyway.

How about sorting out those PTB regardless of who is seen as an enemy or friend. Maybe that way it will not be important who has what military might but who doesn't need it any more, leaving it's people and other countries people free to live in peace.

Idealistic I know but why dilly dally with power when ANY superpower will lead it's people to WAR whether openly or with a hidden agenda.
edit on 30/10/2010 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I think the bigger picture is how the world is conspiring to coalesce regional countries into larger entities towards a one world Government. I think the EU was the model for this. Then you see an African Union. The ASEAN countries group up in Asia. I also think there is something like this in South America as well. Then, although you haven't heard much about it lately, we are still making silent progress to the North American Union. I know bush signed much of the paperwork needed when he was in office. I know the main running theory for a long time is that the current economic crisis was orchestrated to eventually collapse the dollar, "which they are doing a bang up job of if I might add" and then force North America to adopt the Amero and become the NAU.

I personally think this is still the plan, I think they were just forced to draw things out a bit because people were very aware of what was going on and vocally against it a couple years back.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Possibly but who cares? There will be no EU state because nationalism is on the rise and won't allow it.

new topics

top topics

join