It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the UFO believers: an exciting era

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
As I read these threads, and see the claims that some make, and the claims that some side with, whether hoax or reality, theres one thing, even beyond the validity or not of the claim, that I see in every post.

A desire by the people who accept those claims to know something of the outside universe, to know whether or not we are alone in the universe, because in the end, knowing whos out there will redefine how we view ourselves.

Thats why I think alot of you get into alot of these claims, and some of you accept them without delay, because in confirming alien presence, its a pleasant - unifying effect on the human race that serves to unite us. After all, if aliens are out there, it makes our differences here on Earth seem less significant, and instead of identifying ourselves as members of a nation, it would be members as a species..

thread after thread talks about disclosure, that hope that many of you have, that the govt will one day come out and say- we are not alone- The day is coming. It is.

But I dont speak of disclosure in the sense that the govt admits a UFO cover up.

The track that some of you may not be following, is the developments in the real search for life outside our planet.

NASA projects like Kepler for example.

Kepler which will run ntil 2012, possible 2014, is poised to pull in hundreds, to thousands of planets, some earth like.

future projects, while they wont be able to directly image the planet, will be able to analyze their atmospheres by analyzing the absorption line spectrum that is created when the planet transits its host star. There atmospheres will tell us alot about the planets, and can tell us if there is intelligent life on the planet.

For example if the atmosphere contains long chain compounds like CFCs for example, compounds produced artificially, we will know an intelligent race inhabits the planet.

these projects will all be done in most of your lifetimes. Many of you here on thos forum today may very well be around when the announcement is made: Life discovered on an exo planet. It wont be disclosure of a UFO coverup, or alien abductions, but it will be an answer to the question of whether or not we are alone in the universe.

Many of you may not realize it but we are amidst a exciting time in astronomy, where one of the fundamental questions may be answered, and the answer will likely come within mere decades.

Then, youll have your answer. But it will be science, not UFOs, that gives it to us, and causes the resulting and profound effects. So when we discover life elsewhere, and its announced, with no UFO "Disclosure" in sight, I think you will finally understand.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Hi,
very good post. Although quite logical if you think about it I never realized that.
Thanks

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by derpif

Indeed. one can read about all these projects at the NASA planet quest site.

planetquest.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavalFC

Many of you may not realize it but we are amidst a exciting time in astronomy, where one of the fundamental questions may be answered, and the answer will likely come within mere decades.

Then, youll have your answer. But it will be science, not UFOs, that gives it to us, and causes the resulting and profound effects. So when we discover life elsewhere, and its announced, with no UFO "Disclosure" in sight, I think you will finally understand.

Your post is a one-sided look at the state of affairs. A scientific overview.

There are a lot of mysteries which will be resolved by intuiting and using some form of esoteric approach. By this I mean using the other part of our brain ( the right side) . I am all for science but I do realise that many things are first intuited and then reasoned upon. Why do we neglect the creative part of our brain.

Astronomy almost certainly descends from Astrology. Why they bothered to keep the Roman god names is a wonder to me but I am happy to call Jupiter by that name.

In the old days , hudred years ago, being a scholar meant studying everything under one roof. Algebra was not treated a a separate science from say alchemy. Neither was biological studies undertaken as a separate subject matter. In fact you had to study everything and philosophise. Everything studied under one roof so to speak. Nowadays many diciplines are treated as separate sciences. People study Mathematics as if it had no connection with Chemistry. They study biology as if it had no link with Archaelogy or or mathematics. This razor cutting of science into unconnected parts has done science a great disfavour.

The only true scientist is one who studies multiple diciplines.

edit on 30-10-2010 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
thank you for you thread
i would like to express my beleif as a beleiver
your 100% right my mind tells me if we had a dramatic event
it could polerize the world into piece
imagine how important that war would be on earth if we had a big brother in space watching us?
how humans see themselfs is alone and imature in an empty universe
like a kid who has no one to teach them how to behave

how quickly the world would change if we were on our best behaviour to impress our new friends

i also think the world is run for the benifit of a small clique of humans who use money to controll billions of people
and disclosure would spell demise of the control system of humanity

so my beleif does have a larger context

humans can be free if they meet another race of free beings that act as an example

xploder

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by crowdedskies

Your post is a one-sided look at the state of affairs. A scientific overview.

There are a lot of mysteries which will be resolved by intuiting and using some form of esoteric approach. By this I mean using the other part of our brain ( the right side) . I am all for science but I do realise that many things are first intuited and then reasoned upon. Why do we neglect the creative part of our brain.

Astronomy almost certainly descends from Astrology. Why they bothered to keep the Roman god names is a wonder to me but I am happy to call Jupiter by that name.

In the old days , hudred years ago, being a scholar meant studying everything under one roof. Algebra was not treated a a separate science from say alchemy. Neither was biological studies undertaken as a separate subject matter. In fact you had to study everything and philosophise. Everything studied under one roof so to speak. Nowadays many diciplines are treated as separate sciences. People study Mathematics as if it had no connection with Chemistry. They study biology as if it had no link with Archaelogy or or mathematics. This razor cutting of science into unconnected parts has done science a great disfavour.

The only true scientist is one who studies multiple diciplines.

You can not even compare astronomy and astrology. One is a scientific discipline which infers actual details of astronomical objects, the other is a silly effort to predct the future.

Comparing astronomy and astrology is like trying to compare alchemy with chemistry. You can't.

What Im saying is that NASA is far more closer to discovering the answer to the question with regards of our place in the universe then any UFO believer or investigator. At the current pace, it appears as if we will have an answer within mere decades, well within the lifetime of many here.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

You can not even compare astronomy and astrology. One is a scientific discipline which infers actual details of astronomical objects, the other is a silly effort to predct the future.

Comparing astronomy and astrology is like trying to compare alchemy with chemistry. You can't.

What Im saying is that NASA is far more closer to discovering the answer to the question with regards of our place in the universe then any UFO believer or investigator. At the current pace, it appears as if we will have an answer within mere decades, well within the lifetime of many here.

I don't really think it is a race between NASA and UFO believers to solve the mystery of the universe. Rather it is a race between the those who think in a rigid scientific way and those who are open to more possibilities.

As it is, esoteric science has the advantage and is way ahead of contemporary science.

Thousands of years ago, a basic premise was intuited. The concept of "as above so below" .This is behind every single scientific invention.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by crowdedskies

On this forum, "those who are open to more possibilities" is simply a euphamism for those with low standards for evidence.

There is a expression, have an open mind, but not so open that your mind falls out.
edit on 30-10-2010 by NavalFC because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

On this forum, "those who are open to more possibilities" is simply a euphamism for those with low standards for evidence.

There is a expression, have an open mind, but not so open that your mind falls out.
edit on 30-10-2010 by NavalFC because: (no reason given)

I certainly don't want to push your thread in one direction leading to arguments. My point is that I do not disrespect modern science and therefore no one should disrespect the more esoteric form of science.

Galileo had to face the inquisition because he went against the accepted geocentric view that the earth in the centre of the universe. All the evidence of the time suggested that. But he went against it and he was right.

Newton was mocked because of the concept of gravity. Socrates was tortured. These people gave so much to modern science but they started by looking at things which defied logic and reason. They believed in something far bigger and totally unexplainable.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Galileo however, wasnt supressed BY science. He was surpessed by the church. Modern science has always made its greatest leaps when new discoveries change the paradigm, ie: Einsteins theory of relativity.

ISaac newton did suffer ridicule, however not for gravity. He was ridiculed for his beliefs with regard to astrology, biblical numerology etc.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
A few years ago they found evidence of life on Mars and I was awfully disappointed that it was a microscopic single cell something that might or might not be a fossil. Crikey, what a let down that was. I'm already 100% positive the universe is teeming with life so when they come back and say they've found a chain of microscopic proteins on planet 'wotsit' I wont be excited. Though I understand perfectly why it would be very very exciting to the scientists and millions of other people.

I want photographic evidence of creatures, plants, beaches, mountains, oceans. That would be AWESOME. I think I'd scream.

ETA - I don't think that peace on earth will come when we hear that there's definitely life out there in the universe. Life will be the same as it's always been.

On the other hand, if there was UFO disclosure, (whatever that is), a lot of people, (maybe an awful lot) might just promise to be very good citizens, and life might just get a bit better. That's my opinion for what it's worth .
edit on 30-10-2010 by wigit because: adding some

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit

I want photographic evidence of creatures, plants, beaches, mountains, oceans. That would be AWESOME. I think I'd scream.

Have you ever heard about the 1977 Colares, Brazil incident? Well its kindda happening again in the same area.....check this thread and the links in it
www.abovetopsecret.com...
......The 1977 Colares incident is one of the most well documented cases of not only UFO/Alien visitation but of alien hostility....I think you might like it...plus in the thread you'll find some official Brazilian government documents for download....

regards,

ringht_n_wrong

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavalFCThe track that some of you may not be following, is the developments in the real search for life outside our planet.

NASA projects like Kepler for example.

That is an excellent point and it doesn't get made often enough.

top topics

join