It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Cares What You Think?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Do you think that our opinion still matters? Is there a window for those of us who though we look for the truth, and know that we have no real say, does it make sense to keep arguing about it? Could there possibly be a window of hope somewhere that can still change the direction that so many of us fear we are going in?

Though things seem grim most of the time, we still find ourselves in the fight, because we have an opinion, but does it, or can it actually make a difference? What do you feel can be done in order to actually see a difference amongst us? Can we sit still, stay quiet for a minute, and listen to the world?

I dont mean where you were born, or where you live, but the world. Can we not only see the diminishing of our rights where we currently reside, but also see that there are many atrocities that occur outside of our lines?

Would it seem that if we were to "put the shoe on the other foot", that we can see that it is indeed one sided? That whatever situation that you are currently in, cannot be seen through the eyes of someone across the planet? That having a problem with the price of coffee, is almost completely a problem for the minority of the people on this Earth. Can someone see that coffee prices, gas prices, home prices, car note prices, are a problem, that most of us are even lucky to have?

Here is what I am basically getting at. If we were to see our lives through the eyes of someone less fortunate, can the problems that we face, be very easily fixed. Can we see that we are in fact ahead of the game? That doom and gloom is actually a process of our own minds, and the consequence of having to much, and not knowing when to say when?

I am curious to know what others think about this subject, as its not a "breaking news", "world going to end", and "WARNING" type of thread, but one that I think pertains to us all, and us sharing with each other without the bickering, and nonsense of it all, and a community of people that "know better", can actually see a resolution at hand for a change.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Not only does your opinion not matter, but there's nothing you can do about it either, unless you are part of the richest 1%, or have influence with the elite.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

One must consider what one did to allow those blue-bloods to get rich...

...And stop doing it.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I think your opinion does matter IF you know where to express it and who is listening. Unfortunately, opinions on ATS mostly do not matter I think, unless they are really genius sentences which for some reason resonate with a lot of people. In my opinion coming up with opinions like that is virtually impossible now, UNLESS you can prove there is something tangible following your opinions, not just hollow words. But yeah, the unfortunate fact is some people can change things on a massive scale and quite often these people are not the most responsible types.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
"Who Cares What I think?" you ask...
Hmmm, let me think about that for a sec...um, guess I would have
to say, I do.

Thing is, does it matter. I would like to believe that it does....then again, reality nudges me again and whispers in my ear that I don't even need to ask.

Great post, a S & F for ya...and even tho my friend that is into some of the Hindu and Buddhist practices of keeping to ones self, and I do that for the most part...if something I think can be of help, I will make a comment about it, whether it is welcome or not...on the hope that it just might "sink" in...

~holly

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
If we were to see our lives through the eyes of someone less fortunate, can the problems that we face, be very easily fixed. Can we see that we are in fact ahead of the game? That doom and gloom is actually a process of our own minds, and the consequence of having to much, and not knowing when to say when?

Yes.

All you need to do is look at how the Amish live and compare it to our usual lavish lifestyle. That's a beginning and the society lives among us. No electricity, no combustion engines and yet their farms are so productive that they are able to sell much of it to yuppies wanting 'green' produce'. They build houses, barns, furniture, do metalwork and, most of all, help each other in every part of their lives. They do without to have more. Ain't that quaint? Go to a farmers market and just check out what they have to offer. Everything is baked in the kitchen, sewn in the parlor or worked up in the shop. They know the value of old barn floorings and beams, understand selective tree cutting and careful woodlot cultivation. Their animal husbandry would be the saving grace (pardon the pun) of our own society should it ever completely collapse.

Now, about that primitive living in the tenth-world country. He or she does not care about electricity or gasoline, No jewelled case for their non-existent Blackberries and, for sure, not a care in the world about politics or lawyers. Their life revolves around getting enough food for their families to survive. Basic stuff.

When primitive people or the Amish look at us, no doubt thewy shake their collective heads in wonderment at our lavish lifestyles and wasteful ways. Imagine what they'd think of us spending $40,000 on an item that lasts anywhere from 5 to 10 years and devalues 10% the second you turn the key and drive from the dealership. They must think we're crazy. And I think they're right. We are crazy.

I don't think we're so much ahead of the game. I think we're ahead of what we require. We honestly don't need all this stuff and the stuff we do buy has been made with a 'best before' date. We live constantly on the edge of losing what we have only because nothing is made to last a lifetime anymore. We have also lost the most important value any human being can hope to strive for. You know what it is, but it's a huge secret in our society. Don't tell anyone, but here it is:

Don't screw things up for your kids, their kids and the ones that might come along after them.

We're way too selfish, we want everything for ourselves and that 'doom and gloom' you mentioned comes from the gut feeling that we know we've let our own children down. It's guilt.

Don't blame Obama. He's only a part of the problem.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

You should live my life, and have all my opinions stolen whether i want them to or not.

Till the day i die i will always talk about the police and what they have done to my life. The police i bet you 100% hate the fact the things i say, as i gave out secrets they did not want, lol. So i will continue to talk about the police.

I know they hate it, so my opinion does matter lol.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by momoney
Don't screw things up for your kids, their kids and the ones that might come along after them.

We're way too selfish, we want everything for ourselves and that 'doom and gloom' you mentioned comes from the gut feeling that we know we've let our own children down. It's guilt.

You people should of been like me and never ever bring someone into this world.

I will never thankfully, and you would have a problem.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by vaevictis
Unfortunately, opinions on ATS mostly do not matter I think, unless they are really genius sentences which for some reason resonate with a lot of people. .

I agree.

I've noticed more and more on ATS that people seem to use that star system as a way to promote certain people. It doesn't seem they give stars to confirm their agreement to a post but more about who they are.

I've lost count of the times that I've seen certain people making a pont of view on a topic which gets no stars yet another member says the same thing, only in a different way gets a sh*t load of stars.

Certain members only need to say lol in a thread and they get credited for their contribution.

It's maybe totally wrong, but that is the impression I get.

I'm not and have never been into this star system thing, opposition or agreement can only come from debate.

edit on 29-10-2010 by Tykonos because: dam vodka

Edit.....Oh, my gd, vodka has stolen my brain

Wait 2 secs I need t make sense of what I've written
edit on 29-10-2010 by Tykonos because: (no reason given)

No! it still sounds like a load of old shi*, that's vodka or you.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by momoney

I agree about the Amish, they are probably the only truly sovereign people here. No one seems to ask how they stay that way, or why do they get away with the things that they do. Well here's what I think they do... they follow the law that we are all given, the difference about them is that they reinforce it.

Do you think that their worried about the elections? Or about the possible financial collapse? Nope, because they follow the rules that we all once did, and didn't allow materialistic things to get in the way.

Peace, NRE.

join