It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this be why analogue TV is being phased out as quickly as possible.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnb
I have searched for the figures for worldwide Digital TV coverage so far but can only find links to reports costing 1000's.
But it's already being 'switched off' by the PTB in many 'developed' countries.

Could it be that our old radio/tv signals have been received by other intelligent beings and one of our outer satellites like voyager or even older has in turn intercepted a reply.

The PTB would then know they have 'x' amount of time before that signal reaches us here on earth.

If so they only have a few choices.

1. Try and explain it away after everybody has seen it - poss
2. Try and jam it - poss
3. Change technology so nobody will see it - oh and we can sell them new 'must have' stuff if we do this too - easy and $£'s

Now I wonder which they would pick

anyways just a random thought i had this evening and felt like sharing.

I think this is an interesting topic, however I'm just wondering how Voyager or any other spacecraft we have out there would manage to signal back to earth with the news of the discovery before the actual discovery (the alien signal) got here. Are our radio waves faster than "theirs"?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: johnb

3. Change technology so nobody will see it - oh and we can sell them new 'must have' stuff if we do this too - easy and $£'s

I would bet.. Dollars & Pounds..
And raise.. George Orwells..1984.. hope you haven't got a t.v. in yr room

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: jawsismyfish

I think this is an interesting topic, however I'm just wondering how Voyager or any other spacecraft we have out there would manage to signal back to earth with the news of the discovery before the actual discovery (the alien signal) got here. Are our radio waves faster than "theirs"?

Radio waves are radio waves - they all travel the same speed!

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
No, it's probably being phased out so that big brother can watch you through the T.V.

Stranger things have happened

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Sooo...what you're saying is that in your theory, radio waves have been detected...before they reach anything that anywhere near here that can detect them? See, the theory would be good if it didn't contradict itself.

Sorry bud. We're simply running out of a finite number of broadcast frequencies is all.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Analog television is being phased out because digital television can be controlled by the government. They control the news and programs you see. If analog systems still existed, anyone could receive television transmissions over the airwaves, including foreign transmissions, and thus truthful information. The next thing to be phased out should be radio. They don't want people to be able to listen to radio transmissions or have people able to transmit themselves. They will try to get the internet and satellite radio to replace radio so that they can have a monopoly on truth and continue to lie to the American people on a secondly basis.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
The closest star is 4.37 light years away. So if we sent this star a message, it would take 8.74 years to receive a reply if they replied immediately. Radio signals have been travelling from the Earth for more than 70 years encountering many stars. SETI should have a program concentrated on the nearest stars that have already received signals from us if they don't already have one. I think your theory has some merit. The more time that elapses the greater the possibility that a reply is on the way. Maybe it has already been detected by some government agency. If so, we know which stars are the possible candidates. Proxima Centauri has been receiving our signals for 70 years, and it takes 4.37 years to send a message to us. Perhaps they finally decoded the information we sent them and sent a reply. They would of course send the reply in the same form that they received it, radio or television.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
There's no conspiracy, it's just progress to better technology that provides a far better audio/visual experience. Discontinuing analog broadcasts frees up a large range of frequencies for other purposes.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

Could this be why analogue TV is being phased out as quickly as possible.

People, in general, like better quality?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I had forgotten i posted this and some good answers as to why not.

So thanks, i come up with questions and ideas constantly (i write and delete probably 20 posts/threads for every one i post)

Also and most importantly if I don't ask or research myself and bounce my ideas and conclusions around with those of opposing views how i can truly believe them?

It's not until you challenge an idea you can validate it's truth or not, i have often changed my view on something as new information comes to light.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nosred
reply to post by johnb

It's being phased out because they're running out of frequencies. You see, there are only so many frequencies out there and now we have things like cell phones that are taking them up. They're switching to digital to free a few frequencies up. There isn't any conspiracy involving aliens.

This is much closer to the truth. They were also in the process of forcing wireless microphone makers to change frequencies on all new equipment over a decade ago. The thing is that as we increase the number of wireless devices the marketplace becomes crowded. Traditional TV signals were highly inefficient and used up much more "room" than necessary. So, by switching to digital and cramming everything into a smaller section of the spectrum it opened up frequencies for things like wireless communication with your car, keyless home entry systems, and many other technologies that are proliferating now.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
wow!
I love your idea.

remember that signal that was only in a small part of UK?
from Aliens.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MikeNice81

It's happening here in Oz with all wireless microphones operating in the 694MHz and 820MHz range becoming illegal as of the end of this year and that's a lot of microphones with potentially unaware owners who'll be breaking the (new) law if they continue to use their old equipment. Much of that 'old' equipment isn't that old at all and will be quite costly to upgrade.

There's no conspiracy in it, just freeing up portions of the RF spectrum for increasing 4G mobile services (fast wireless communications).

New Regulations

edit on 9/12/2014 by Pilgrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Are you sure about that? Aren’t they watching old reruns of lost in space and Bonanza and American bandstand?/Sarc

originally posted by: Nosred
reply to post by johnb

It's being phased out because they're running out of frequencies. You see, there are only so many frequencies out there and now we have things like cell phones that are taking them up. They're switching to digital to free a few frequencies up. There isn't any conspiracy involving aliens.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: guitarplayer
Are you sure about that? Aren’t they watching old reruns of lost in space and Bonanza and American bandstand?

Not if ET is in another solar system

<< 1   >>

join