It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this be why analogue TV is being phased out as quickly as possible.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I have searched for the figures for worldwide Digital TV coverage so far but can only find links to reports costing 1000's.
But it's already being 'switched off' by the PTB in many 'developed' countries.

Could it be that our old radio/tv signals have been received by other intelligent beings and one of our outer satellites like voyager or even older has in turn intercepted a reply.

The PTB would then know they have 'x' amount of time before that signal reaches us here on earth.

If so they only have a few choices.

1. Try and explain it away after everybody has seen it - poss
2. Try and jam it - poss
3. Change technology so nobody will see it - oh and we can sell them new 'must have' stuff if we do this too - easy and $£'s

Now I wonder which they would pick

anyways just a random thought i had this evening and felt like sharing.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by johnb

It's being phased out because they're running out of frequencies. You see, there are only so many frequencies out there and now we have things like cell phones that are taking them up. They're switching to digital to free a few frequencies up. There isn't any conspiracy involving aliens.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
shouldn't this thread be in the skunk works section?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnb
I have searched for the figures for worldwide Digital TV coverage so far but can only find links to reports costing 1000's.
But it's already being 'switched off' by the PTB in many 'developed' countries.

Could it be that our old radio/tv signals have been received by other intelligent beings and one of our outer satellites like voyager or even older has in turn intercepted a reply.

The PTB would then know they have 'x' amount of time before that signal reaches us here on earth.

If so they only have a few choices.

1. Try and explain it away after everybody has seen it - poss
2. Try and jam it - poss
3. Change technology so nobody will see it - oh and we can sell them new 'must have' stuff if we do this too - easy and $£'s

Now I wonder which they would pick

anyways just a random thought i had this evening and felt like sharing.

I was always under the impression that adding colors and definition to the picture aids in mind control... at least that is what Ive read researching MK Ultra experiments.... the colors especially add to the hypnotic effect... HDTV is like suggestions to go along with the shiny object dangling from the hypnotists fingers; and the '___' is your choice of beverage other than water. LOL conspiratorial enough for ya?
edit on 29-10-2010 by fonenyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
There's another theory that they want digital broadcasting because they are developing mind control technology-

Namely, Silent Sound Spread Spectrum (SSSS) and digital technology will enable this.

Why are they pushing so hard for us to have a clearer picture? It doesn't make sense.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by johnb

Here are some partial peeks behind the numbers...

China Has 45.04 million Digital Cable TV Users

Source

England

Australia

And here is the Wiki for the subject with a nation by nation summary of dates and specifics.

Personally, my thoughts are that the real motive for a digital transition is far more easily explained by simple greed. Redefining the most permeating technology on the planet to get us all to have to upgrade at once. I suspect that this will become a fairly common occurrence as time passes.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I would tend to think that advanced races understand digital . If they don't use it
this would be a surprise.
Analogue signals are getting antiquated for us.
Ergo if you use computers, you understand digital.
Peace!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Ive mentioned this is a few threads lately and believe the change over to digital is based on Project BlueBeam.

For those unaware of Monasts original work please see this thread. Or not whatever you please. Just dont discount "The show in the sky" as mentioned by Serge Monast without first reading his disclosure.

Thread here
www.abovetopsecret.com...
respects
edit on 29-10-2010 by captiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Well, not sure if this figures into anything here or not...

..but another question to ask:

If the U.S. Government went through so much trouble to switch everyone away from Analog to Digital Television, then why did they stick with an extension of the NTSC (now ATSC) instead of switching to DVB like most everyone else in the world uses?

Is it simply because the FCC interference standards don't allow deviation from the 6 MHz bandwidth spectrum even for DTV/HDTV or is there some other reason?

Personally, the main reason I think we were railroaded to the DTV conversion was to close the Analog Hole at the behest of the IP Holders such as Disney, the MPAA, and RIAA who insisted on federal protections against Piracy. See for instance the ability of these same corporate lobbyists to strong-arm nations, such as the United States, into drafting and signing into law the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA) without oversight from either Congress or from the people of the United States.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
They're phasing it out because they have far more sinister agendas to complete, one of which they already have.

Muhahaha! It's going to be a Spooktacular Halloween indeed!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I have always thought that there was something to this...don't know about an alien signal but what are they going to do with all that empty signal now....who gets to use the old band waves? don't think my terminology is right but u get the idea.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Consumer demand implies better technology.

The whole world is not out to get us through TV. We can turn it off and I suggest you and everyone else does just that. It's useless. You can get almost anything you want on demand anyways. Why bother sitting through commercial garbage. On the internet you get a 20 second deal 3 times in 30 minutes whereas TV is 8 minutes for 2 minutes stretches.

TV has tons of catching up to do and I think it ill fade away eventually. If it's a conspiracy blame consumers, not people trying to build it and stay rich.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by johnb

This is why alex jones is wrong about concentration camps. They have you watching tv, and your done, no need for any camps.

Why do you think china wants everyone having a tv, lol.

I will tell you tv is ok, in moderation, but do not watch adverts. I think this is the worst.

They do not need camps, you americans are now so docile watching tv, why need any camps?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by johnb

well aparently way back in 1973, a channel called ITN now STV in the uk was hijacked mt an alien signal, a voice spoke for about 7 minutes, very odd, people called the police and the tv network who...couldnt give them an answer. heres a link

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

I tend to lean towards your post on this one. There is a simple way to see the possibilities in the changes of both our minds, and vision as far as HD and analog. MK Ultra programs which can hypnotize and change our mental stability, and the newer and more advanced subliminal's can make almost anything seem real.

We are taught to believe what we see, as opposed to rethink and research what we see. If it looks real, then it must be real. This is what I think will eventually change humanity's views on which ever up coming events TPTB have prepared for us.

Between NLP, subliminal messaging, the change of frequencies, and the overwhelming changes in technology, it would be quite easy to make an entire population believe what they see, without ever questioning it.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Out here they hand out frequencies by holding an event where the highest bid gets you a frequency.

I understand the latest auction involved the frequencies that were previously used for tv signals.
The mobile phone industry have a lot to gain from it because they need more bandwidth.

Something like that anyway...

Nosred was right. One of the first replies.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred
reply to post by johnb

It's being phased out because they're running out of frequencies. You see, there are only so many frequencies out there and now we have things like cell phones that are taking them up. They're switching to digital to free a few frequencies up. There isn't any conspiracy involving aliens.

This seems to be the only sensible answer in the thread and is the right one.

I work in the industry and yes, it is merely to free up frequencies as analogue signals use more bandwidth than digital ones. They can then sell on these frequencies to Telco's for squillions. If there is any conspiracy at all, it is purely down to the mighty $ and what they can get for access to these frequencies.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by johnb

In America, analogue TV went out about two years ago.

I had thought, assumed really, that the UK would have been there, done that already...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Full switchover will be complete in 2012. I believe it was delayed because of the slow take up of digital amongst the population, so there had to be a big marketing drive to get people to switch. Some area's have been switched over already mind you, I think only a few regions are left now.
edit on 29/10/10 by stumason because: Really dodgy spelling...

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by johnb

Maybe something to do with certain frequencies and/or technologies being more conducive to producing the desired effects of Blue Beam.They turn up the digital signal when analogue goes off by a factor of 10..i hope that aint gonna hurt much!

Project Blue Beam
Universal Supernatural
Manifestations via Electronics

The third orientation in the fourth step is a mixture of electronic and supernatural forces. The waves used at that time will allow "supernatural forces" to travel through optical fibers, coaxial cables (TV) electrical and phone lines in order to penetrate to everyone at once through major appliances. Embedded chips will already be in place.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join