It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Title Which Promises Something Amazing!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
And here lame content which does not match the headline.

I see a lot of this on ATS lately!!

Everybody tries to make the most exiting headlines (like they were being paid for the clicks or something).

"PROOF of Aliens!"

"Proof That Aliens Doesn't Exist!!"

"DISCLOSURE IS HAPPENING NOW!"

"Another Headline With Capitalized Words"

"More Nonsense!!!!11!1!!"

(not actual headlines)

Why does these threads keep hitting the main page?
Why can't we have a "Bury it" button, it would probably beat the "Flag it" button in several threads and this way spare us from all the lame threads promising amazing things with no serious content to back them up.

Just my two cents.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Let's face it, as the site continues to grow, the chances of a great thread getting buried in the drivel continues to increase daily...

Sensationalism sells!

Who wouldn't click on something like this - END OF WORLD HAPPENING TOMORROW, WITH PROOF!! I know because I'm an Alien!

edit on 29-10-2010 by Signals because: classified

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

Sensationalism sells!

Sure does. You only have to look at the most flagged thread. Most of them tend to border on a bit of nonsense .

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TrappedSoul

My personal opinion is that if you dont read through what is bs...how will you know the truth when you finally find it?
I don't insult anyone because of their beliefs. How do I know it's not true?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by UnknownSheep

Its best to see what the Alien hub bub is all about.
Read into the thread.
Make a reasonable post.
And see what happens.
Its fun that way.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

I agree if you have clicked on a topic that doesn't really appeal to you then go ahead and leave some kind of thoughtful response on it and make it worth your time.

Your overall disinterest might in fact provide you with a detached perspective that adds a whole new dimension of insight on the topic, people who are passionate about it and blinded by that passion can't see.

What you then say might have a profound impact on the subject, be wildly starred and even applauded by the staff.

You might be surprised to find out that Heidi Klum was also reading the thread at the same time, dissapointed too, but was so impressed by how you responded she is now madly in love with your intellect.

Because she now wants to come over, you decide to go out and pick up a bottle of wine, after tarrying for a moment on the thread, and decide since it's now your lucky day to buy a scratch off lottery ticket too, after seeing the person in front of you at the liqour store buy one. Their's turns out to be a looser but yours when you scratch it off reveals you are a million dollar winner.

Imagine then your surprise when as you then ring up your seperate wine transaction the clerk informs you over suddenly sounding glaring bells and flashing lights that you are the store's one millionth customer and you just won a new Ferrari!

All this because you slowed down a little and left a thoughtful reply on a dubious ATS Thread!

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

I agree if you have clicked on a topic that doesn't really appeal to you then go ahead and leave some kind of thoughtful response on it and make it worth your time.

Your overall disinterest might in fact provide you with a detached perspective that adds a whole new dimension of insight on the topic, people who are passionate about it and blinded by that passion can't see.

What you then say might have a profound impact on the subject, be wildly starred and even applauded by the staff.

You might be surprised to find out that Heidi Klum was also reading the thread at the same time, dissapointed too, but was so impressed by how you responded she is now madly in love with your intellect.

Because she now wants to come over, you decide to go out and pick up a bottle of wine, after tarrying for a moment on the thread, and decide since it's now your lucky day to buy a scratch off lottery ticket too, after seeing the person in front of you at the liqour store buy one. Their's turns out to be a looser but yours when you scratch it off reveals you are a million dollar winner.

Imagine then your surprise when as you then ring up your seperate wine transaction the clerk informs you over suddenly sounding glaring bells and flashing lights that you are the store's one millionth customer and you just won a new Ferrari!

All this because you slowed down a little and left a thoughtful reply on a dubious ATS Thread!

I love this reply. It shows, at least in theory, how the smallest actions that we do, eventually ripple through the entire world. Also it was very witty. Thanks for making me smile, heh.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I see many posters have matched what the OP knew all along.

And here lame content which does not match the headline.

Talk about your aliens, a good thread for it.
Not only lame but nothing for the alien world because there isn't any.
Talk about yourselves because thats all some people have.
Sorry about that OP, not.
Lame comes from lame, so now the OP and I and we all know
for sure.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TrappedSoul

Great topic of discussion, it frustrates me daily, you get someone posting something sensational like "ABORTION IS MORALLY WRONG"

And their picture shows a cat with the phrase "I can has cheeseburger"

Just shows the stupidity and ignorance here on ATS.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Well you know that just about every general board on the internet has
an alien and ufo section to attract browsers.
Then there are also conspiracy topics.
Perhaps not much in actual official word has any attraction.
So all we have to go on is non official words that can always be
countered by those saying that isn't so or its a speculation.
In essence shining a light never happens with big promises.
Is it a continuation of big lie tactics.
Are we living under a Big Lie in some aspect of knowledge.
Well it looks like crawling out from under lies is a continuing
task.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I'd just be happy if they Censored the three letters OMG from appearing in titles.

I think we can all agree that has no place on an intelligent website.

new topics

top topics

join