It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the world REALLY handle disclosure?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensboro1978

I Definitely second that!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
reply to post by something wicked

b) that they are more superior?

Yes they are superior. We aren't talking about the difference between "Bill Gates" and your average working stiff. Bill Gates eats, drinks, breathes, and will someday die. Bill Gates makes software and operating systems for personal computers made possible by the invention of the transistor. While this is very interesting and all, it still effectively makes Gates a human, and just another ant compared to a truly old/advanced civilization.

These beings are far beyond that. Far far beyond that. Why would they care of Bill Gates uses primitive software for primitive machines and has billions of dollars? Let me ask you some questions:

Would you think "Bill Gates" (or any human from a Type 0 civilization) was exceptional if you had already met other Type 2 civilizations and even possibly Type 3 civilization(s)? Would you think humans are amazing if you didn't need to breathe, eat, or drink in the way that sustains us? Would you think of Bill Gates (or any person) as exceptional if you had watched them die generation after generation while you still live? Would you find rockets and satellites to be that amazing if your civilization had left their home planet thousands or even millions of years ago in huge star ships? If you were an indestructible alien that did not require a home planet to survive, would you really find earthlings who fear, hurt, and kill eachother that exceptional? Would you think billions of dollars is wonderful if your civilization had no use for money or currency?

While I'm agnostic, I do think the God making men in his own image thing is an allegory, more around intellect and intelligence than physical form, otherwise we would all literally look the same - wouldn't we?

Let me get this right.. You believe that your intelligence is nearly on par with the intelligence that may be responsible for the creation of our univese? Is this an early april fool's joke? Because I'm not laughing.

Wow.

edit on 29-10-2010 by Scramjet76 because: spl

Which beings are more superior, please name them and say why they are, alternatively, go ask your mother for more food.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Can't answer my questions huh? That's what I thought. Can't handle an inferiority complex to a star farring civilzation? I'm not surprised.

I think you just answered the OP.

As for references to my mom...whatever. Stop taking my words so harshly and instead address the questions in a logical manner. Try and think of intelligent answers based on observation and research. Stop basing your answers on your emotional need to be on par with "aliens" and "God."

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Truther101

You would have two choices.
Choice #1) Accept them(assuming that there is anybody left to accept them depending on their intentions)

Choice #2)don't accept them and fire upon them with your lame 12 gauges and 22 rifles,this will do you no good,you will more than likely be reduced to a pile of guts,kind of like what you see on an interstate highway when a deer is struck by a tractor trailer truck at 90 mph.Marines,army,navy,air force, you must stand down,do not engage,your weapons will be useless.

There is your answer.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The simplest answer I can think of is who cares? just tell the truth.................... the proof is all around you.

www.crystalinks.com...

in you.

hubpages.com...

and the question should be changed to when will the world handle disclosure? what we need is a landing in new york city (wait didnt that kind of happen already?) 10-13-10

why do i bother?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by fasteronfire

I am one of those people you speek of.read my reply at the home page listed as what you thought you knew about the oil spill,my reply is about a dream I have

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
i think some brothers/sisters will be able to handle the disclosure, but the majority will not be able to handle it! . it will be pandemonium!

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76

b) that they are more superior?

Yes they are superior. We aren't talking about the difference between "Bill Gates" and your average working stiff. Bill Gates eats, drinks, breathes, and will someday die. Bill Gates makes software and operating systems for personal computers made possible by the invention of the transistor. While this is very interesting and all, it still effectively makes Gates a human, and just another ant compared to a truly old/advanced civilization.

These beings are far beyond that. Far far beyond that. Why would they care of Bill Gates uses primitive software for primitive machines and has billions of dollars? Let me ask you some questions:

Would you think "Bill Gates" (or any human from a Type 0 civilization) was exceptional if you had already met other Type 2 civilizations and even possibly Type 3 civilization(s)? Would you think humans are amazing if you didn't need to breathe, eat, or drink in the way that sustains us? Would you think of Bill Gates (or any person) as exceptional if you had watched them die generation after generation while you still live? Would you find rockets and satellites to be that amazing if your civilization had left their home planet thousands or even millions of years ago in huge star ships? If you were an indestructible alien that did not require a home planet to survive, would you really find earthlings who fear, hurt, and kill eachother that exceptional? Would you think billions of dollars is wonderful if your civilization had no use for money or currency?

While I'm agnostic, I do think the God making men in his own image thing is an allegory, more around intellect and intelligence than physical form, otherwise we would all literally look the same - wouldn't we?

Let me get this right.. You believe that your intelligence is nearly on par with the intelligence that may be responsible for the creation of our univese? Is this an early april fool's joke? Because I'm not laughing.

Wow.

edit on 29-10-2010 by Scramjet76 because: spl

Ok, point one - how do you know some as yet unknown extra terrestrial life form is superior to the human race and what criteria are you basing that on? Facts please which of course you haven't got.

The point around intelligence and intellect is not to say I and certainly not you have the same level of either to match with a deity that may or may not exist, but that our capacity for both was based on its own rather than its physical image.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Okay, consider this then. Where I believe religion would falter would be in the fact that IF it became apparent that it was technologically advanced alien life that is the basis of all religion, would it not take the paranormal/omnipotent factor out of it all? If aliens are biological creatures and were to come back, would we still worship them knowing what we know today? If Elohim and YHWH came back today on a spaceship and presented themselves to humans, would you still call them "God?" or would you be more likely to view them as a sort of equal? Somehow I doubt any main stream religion's followers would readily bow down to another biological lifeform regardless of how advanced they are. Sure there still is the possibility of a creator, but it would make Him one who's only function is to create if all our texts are about biological aliens. For people who need religion, this fact means that they know absolutely nothing about the Creator.

Edit to add. I didn't read through the entire thread before I responded back to you. I see my points have already been brought up.

edit on 30-10-2010 by PayMeh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by PayMeh

Okay, consider this then. Where I believe religion would falter would be in the fact that IF it became apparent that it was technologically advanced alien life that is the basis of all religion, would it not take the paranormal/omnipotent factor out of it all? If aliens are biological creatures and were to come back, would we still worship them knowing what we know today? If Elohim and YHWH came back today on a spaceship and presented themselves to humans, would you still call them "God?" or would you be more likely to view them as a sort of equal? Somehow I doubt any main stream religion's followers would readily bow down to another biological lifeform regardless of how advanced they are. Sure there still is the possibility of a creator, but it would make Him one who's only function is to create if all our texts are about biological aliens. For people who need religion, this fact means that they know absolutely nothing about the Creator.

Edit to add. I didn't read through the entire thread before I responded back to you. I see my points have already been brought up.

edit on 30-10-2010 by PayMeh because: (no reason given)

Paymeh, it's a good philosophical question and perhaps one day we will be put in a position where we have to confront it, perhaps we won't.

Apologies if I have seemed a little sharp in some of my responses, I think this is an area where all views are equal as it is currently a hypothetical debate....... at the moment.

I do have a question for all though. When the missionary cult took place, those who travelled to places such as Africa were perhaps superior to the people they met from a technological aspect - they had the means to travel great distances for example, but did that make them as people or as a race more superior to those they came into contact with? My personal answer to that is not, it did not, it just meant they were different and the difference is something to celeberate. I see that as quite a strong analogy with any non Earth species that may make themselves known to us.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I understand your point, but you really cant compare that to a whole different species, with different bodies, heads, eyes, mouths, fingers, and sizes, arriving to Earth trveling those great distances through space. The less technological people may have been amazed, but we still basically look the same since we are the same species. I think the world would go crazy to the disclosure of new "humanoid looking" extraterrestrials.

SIDE NOTE: its also a possibility that not all extraterrestrials are humanoid-looking in form. It would make sense that the humanoid looking ones would be the first to make contact with us than the non-looking ones(like in Men in Black :lol
because we all would be more freaked out to see non-humanoid aliens than humanoid!

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
You have to think though, Cortez was thought to be a god by Montezuma. When they saw them on horseback, they thought man and beast were connected as one creature since they had never seen horses before.

I took no offense to anything you said btw. Nor did I think you were ever harsh. It's all fascinating to discuss. Sometimes for the sake of space, it's hard to give all the reasonings I have in one post. I know from the length of some I post now that most skip reading them so I try to hold back.

Here is my condensed opinion.

If aliens exist, mankind portrayed them as the "gods" that we have come to know through religion. Simply an If>Then statement. In my rationalization if the first is true, the second must be also. There's just too many clues for it to be a coincidence.

So if they return and prove to be biological creatures who live, bleed, die; then religious people will not worship them. We know too much and have advanced too far. Once it is realized that what we've been worshiping an alien race the whole time, all the text and faith and belief will mean nothing. The text will instantly be viewed as nothing but history.

There will be an instant vacuum and those who need some form of "faith" to substantiate their own existence, will instantly try to rationalize that our Creator created both species. They'll have to come to terms with a Creator that has no active roll beyond that singular event. Even if they come to grips with this fact, that leaves them nothing to place their "faith" in. No contact, no clues, no idea how, or why. Most extremely religious people simply cannot live without faith. They would lose their sense of purpose, sense of a higher calling, sense that everything will be made right in the end - good get rewarded, bad get punished.

The only comfort disclosure could bring, is if the aliens have their own singular religion. People living now would most likely not be able to convert as the idea would be too hard for them to cope with. They would be jaded if you will with any religion and be highly skeptical. Perhaps even feel foolish and lash out at the alien race by saying that if we were wrong, then they are likely wrong too. They'd do so as a defensive mechanism.

The worst thing that could happen for everyone, is if the aliens turned out to be our creators - that we were made as a labor force as a means to some end in their agenda. That would mean that there is no purpose, no reason. We would be somehow synthetic and find it almost impossible as a society to hold on to the best things that make us human.

As I read this back, I guess I need to change my original answer. lol I can handle disclosure no matter what the answer is. The world as a whole? No way. It would drive most insane based on the reasoning above.. Sorry to dither, but this is exactly the reason I post at all on forums. Sometimes writing it out gives me more perspective than just thinking about it in my head. It helps me tweak my own understanding and beliefs.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

Paymeh, fascinating points but if we are only looking at the religious angle - I'm not sure you or I wished to focus on that..... the question would be who created 'our creators' and who created our creators creators and on and on ad infinitum.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Correct me if i am wrong,but did we not send a message through i think a satellite with a drawing of where earth was the male and female anatomy with their hands raised in a hi gesture that we are a peaceful people type of sign,so now people are worried about gee maybe they found it and worry about if disclosure is going to cause a mass panic,hey for my stand the goverment,are nasa,whoever TPTB invited them,and the goverment already knows what their agenda is,why do you think that they deny,deny,and call it Venus,swamp gas etc etc,

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I think the world could probably handle the fact that there are intelligent beings doing their thing throughout the galaxy.

What I think they may not be able to handle is the degree to which THEY are involved, have been involved and will be involved in our biology, history, and overall evolution.

Many people are at various depths of awareness of the core story rabbit hole, and some are willing to just approach the hole and take a peak in. Many think we, planet earth and its species, are truly unique. Few consider the idea that we may fact be fused with alien DNA, or be their project over the last few thousand years. I am not saying this so; who really knows?

If in fact they are in charge of our souls then forget about disclosure for the common folk.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
in a nutshell absolutly
over ny, balloons or not i dont think people were freaking out on october 13th when they saw the things in the air were they

so yes humanity can handle it

although i guess theres a difference between lights in the sky and actual vessels landing and ets getting out

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Im very surprised on how not that much people have commented on this subject!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join