It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China: 'Pakistan is our Israel'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Got to love the People's Republic of China. One of favorite countries in the world. What do you guys think about this article?

Source

When a US delegate once confronted a Chinese diplomat about Beijing's uncompromising support for Pakistan, the Chinese reportedly responded with a heavily-loaded sarcastic remark: "Pakistan is our Israel". But judging by China's unrelenting support for some of its allies, including North Korea, Burma, Zimbabwe and Sudan, its protective arm around these countries is no different from the US and Western political embrace of Israel - right or wrong.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Hah, brilliant. Made me laugh. Not that I'm making a judgement from a little remark like this but it certainly does feel like the U.S isn't the only big dog in town anymore.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

The more global reach may be new, but the specific strategic support for Pakistan goes way back;
"Chou [en-lai] insisted that China would not be indifferent if India attacked Pakistan"
Henry Kissinger, "The White House Years", p862.
From a chapter on the "Bangladesh" crisis of 1971.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
When I first read this, I thought China were comparing themselves to Palestine for some reason.

China does have some balls to not only speak up to America like that, but also acknowledge the fact that America and Israel go hand in hand with their policies and interests.

Let's just hope this doesn't escalate into another war of words, because I can't see America being so lucky this time

top topics

join