It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should i take vitamins?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Just wandering if its a good idea to take vitamins and if so what brand would anyone recommend?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I believe that if you eat a balanced diet, with plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables, then you shouldn't need to take extra vitamins. The marketing guys spend a lot of time trying to convince people that we should take their products, when all those vitamins are found in food.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Find out if you are deficient in any vitamins/minerals (a blood test) and if you are, compensate by changing your diet and/or temporarily take a supplement to help... If you aren't deficient in any area, why take a supplement? Seems like a waste of money...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I bought some multi vitamins before even looking into it and i dont even want them anymore after reading everything i have i hate it everything is bad for u anymore

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I guess i should try the balanced diet out first. I dont really have a healthy diet just microwavable foods, that could be a problem.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Yes, take lots of vitamin and mineral supplements, they're great, although it takes a good 3-6 months to start enjoying the rewards. Awesome decision on your part. Vitamin D is fantastic, there are receptors for it in all kinds of cells everywhere in the body, probably because we used to spend lots of time outdoors in the sun.

We're not supposed to do much here at ATS in the way of making product recommendations, I'd have to check out the TOS, so you'll have to do your own research, but I'm going to risk it and recommend the products of Harmonic Innerprizes in particular their Gentleman's PQ multivitamin supp, and another liquid vitamin, mineral, and everything else supplement called Daily Complete by a Co. called Awareness Life. And to top it all off, there's this new product called Fusion www.zptech.net... which is about as good as it gets. Over and above that, you might go to a Cosco (here in Canada) or one of those large wholesale bulk stores, where you could pick up bottles of stuff like Vitamin D and E, Fish Oils, etc. enough to last a year.

Soon I'll be making a new topic in Health and Wellness covering all this stuff, along with my secret superfood smoothie recipe.

You will NOT believe what all this kind of thing can do for you - me I've all but eliminated by type two diabetese, have lost whatever grey hairs I had forming, have lost 30 pounds, and look and feel 10 years younger than I did 10 years ago, it's absolutely incredible, once you start getting into it and if you're prepared to spend some dough, especially if you add in a superfood smoothie supplement every day.

Friend and message me for more info if you like..

Best Regards,

Rob
aka N.A.M.

P.S. I would like to add that it's not as neccessary to take vitamin and mineral suppplements for people under 25 years of age, but if you are over 30, or 35, imo, it becomes essential, if you want to hang on to, or get your "mojo" back, or that vital energy and sense of overall well being which only came naturally as a child.
edit on 29-10-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Ok. Do you not find it irresponsible to not only recommend someone take supplements but to also recommend a particular type of supplement - over the net? Whomever takes this advice on the posting of an anonymous source is also just as irresponsible...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Wow thanks for that bit of info i got some nature made vitamin c as well, i just dont want to start putting anymore junk in my body. Just wish all these brands could be a little more reliable.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
But like i said i think im going to start eating more fruits and vegetables seems like the sensible thing to do.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Ok. Do you not find it irresponsible to not only recommend someone take supplements but to also recommend a particular type of supplement - over the net? Whomever takes this advice on the posting of an anonymous source is also just as irresponsible...

Not from where I sit, no, although I understand what you're saying, but I'm just trying to be most helpful. This (vitamin mineral and superfood supplementation) has completely change my life for the better, and I only want the best for people.

I risked it, trying to be most helpful, that is all.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaveMan TeK
But like i said i think im going to start eating more fruits and vegetables seems like the sensible thing to do.

It really depends on your own situation, like how old you are and your present state of health. For me, regular food, and yes, obviously eat well, but regular food in and of itself is imo, nutritionally deficient, and it would be impossible to put together the complex of all these essential vitamins, minerals and nutrients into a regular food diet, yes even if you eat as healthy as possible, unless you are under 30 and in relatively good health to begin with, then it's no big deal like I said already.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Thanks for everyones help i appreciate it. I opened up the multivitamins and just thought to myself do i really want to put this stuff in my body, it might not even be what it says it is.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I'm very glad that your routine has worked well for you and I get where you're coming from....

Big however - No vitamin/supplement can replace a good diet, which is fundamental.

The OP has already stated that he does not focus on diet and I'm just guessing here, but I would bet exercise is also not a priority (right OP?) so IMO, the basics MUST be covered. There are no quick-fixes here and it should not be suggested that there are.

edit on 29-10-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Im 19 years old, 6,1 and weigh just below 130 pounds.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I could use some more exercise i guess, just scared ill lose even more weight.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

I'm very glad that your routine has worked well for you and I get where you're coming from....

Big however - No vitamin/supplement can replace a good diet, which is fundamental. To suggest otherwise is irresponsible.

The OP has already stated that he does not focus on diet and I'm just guessing here, but I would bet exercise is also not a priority (right OP?) so IMO, the basics MUST be covered. There are no quick-fixes here and it should not be suggested that there are.

In this case it turns out that you were right, given his age and thinness. Still, bulking up with some plant base superfood powders wouldn't hurt him in the least ie: a blended smoothie regimen as a type of food supplementation, anything to get his metabolism back into balance, and start bulking up with whole food that has a super high nutrient density, to put back in, what's gone missing for a while.

Extra fruits and veggies alone doesn't cut it imho.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaveMan TeK
Im 19 years old, 6,1 and weigh just below 130 pounds.

Have you discussed your concerns with a nutritionist or your doctor or some combo. of health professionals? If your goal is to gain weight, be healthy and eat well, than perhaps you need some guidance to get on the right track... It would not surprise me that your diet is lacking and that you would have to supplement it. But first, you have to figure out where to start... Just food for thought.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Btw, the key, in my experience, to food and vitamin/mineral-nutrient supplementation, and this is directed at people who either have a severe deficiency due to poor diet over the course of years, which can occur by just shopping at the supermarket all the time, given all the processed, mutrient deficient foods most of us are eating thinking that we're getting everything we need, or, for those over the age of 35 - is first to get a blender, and then to find a base product (whole food plant-based protein shake) which tastes really good and one that you enjoy, and then, money permitting, to start adding other green powders, berry extracts, and superfood powders like Goji and Acai berry powder for example, bit by bit, until you arrive at something that makes you feel great, that tastes great, and that you enjoy making.

For more on this, watch for my upcoming thread to be titled "Personal Alchemy and the Elixer of Life", but no I'm not "pushing" any particular product, although I'd like to mention a few in the process to give people an idea and something to go on.

This year, I've spent over 1000 dollars on this stuff, and in the process, saved my life and rejeuvenated myself, and I always consider how much money I'd spend food shopping or eating out anyway, so it's only about the same or slightly more expensive.

Now when I go to the grocery store, and walk the rows of products I think to myself "what a scam" this is, and it is a scam, and much if not most of those products, regardless of what's on the label, are nutritionally deficient, maybe even intentionally, to keep us regular folk down I don't know, but there's something seriously wrong with the food industry, as well as the medical industry and their pharamaceuticals every one of which has side effects, sometimes severe.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Post above is correct. Most food in America is near devoid of nutrition. Cooking and processing kills off alot of the nutrients in fruits and vegetables. You also have to look into the fact that the vitamin and mineral content present in crops has diminished over the past 30 years. if you look into Orthomolecular medicine you start to realize that alot of symptoms people have are because of a deficiency of some sort. The RDA in the U.S. is criminally low on most nutrients and is at levels to barely sustain life without scurvy or beriberi. every Human body has different needs for various vitamins so getting a test done would be key. I can say that getting an Organic whole food vitamin supplement would be great. Make sure you get enough Vitamin C and Magnesium in your diet as well. Most people have low amounts of Magnesium as stress tends to deplete your levels.For those who do not agree with me take time to look at the cost of food that is good for you.. It is more expensive then cheap,unhealthy processed foods or fast foods. That SAD diet mixed with low levels of fitness lead to unstable health and your Doctor making more money. Not going to even mention the new side effects that come from prescription drugs. I am on Blood pressure medicine and it sucks. As far as nutritional healing though research Linus Pauling,Andrew Saul, and Abrham Hoffman.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

This is what's in the special liquid vitamin-mineral-nurient supplement of which I add one ounce of to my superfood supersmoothies (supershake), that I take every day, once or sometimes twice per day, as a full meal replacement, so as to supplement an ongoing full-body-spectrum vitamine/mineral/nutrient (VMN) um.. cellular support and regeneration program - that's the way I think of it anyway, like it's a type of hobby involving cell buidling and regeneration, even DNA maintainance and perhaps even, correction and perfection, since all cell division is based on both energy consumption, and information exchange.

This represents in fact just a small portion of the "nutrient profile" or matrix that I put in my smoothies, along with a vareity of herb and root extracts, even herbal remedy tinctures and stuff like that, mostly in support of liver detox, where the liver is the organ responsible for all chemical processes involved in the entire metabolic process.

Ingredients
Recommended Adult Use: Take 1 ounce
(30 mL) per day during or after a meal.
Servings Per Container: 30

One serving (30mL) of Daily Complete contains:

MEDICINAL INGREDIENTS

Vitamin A (from Acetate & Beta Carotene) 10,000 IU

Vitamin D
800 IU

Vitamin E 30 IU

Vitamin C 150 mg

Vitamin B1 6 mg

Vitamin B2 4.25 mg

Niacinamide
20 mg

Vitamin B6 5 mg

Folic Acid
400 mcg

Vitamin B12
100 mcg
Vitamin K1 80 mcg

Biotin
120 mcg

Pantothenic Acid
10 mg

Potassium 25 mg

Zinc 15 mg

Selenium 80 mcg

Manganese 3 mg

Copper 2 mg

Silicon 1 mg

Chromium 50 mcg

Choline 50 mg

Inositol
50 mg

Coenzyme Q10 1 mg

NON-MEDICINAL INGREDIENTS

NUTRIENT COMPLEX: Calcium (Gluconate) (28mg), Magnesium (Gluconate) (6mg), Dimethylglycine (3mg).

ORGANIC FRUIT AND ORGANIC VEGETABLE PHYTONUTRIENT COMPLEX WHOLE JUICE: Whole Juice Concentrates: organic apricot, organic mango, organic apple, organic tangerine, organic cranberry, organic lime, organic beets, organic green bell peppers and organic parsley; Carotenoid Concentrate: organic carrot, organic peach, organic yellow squash, organic cantaloupe, organic red pepper and organic tomato; Flavonoid Concentrate: organic orange, organic lemon, organic celery, organic grapefruit; organic phenolic red grape, organic strawberry, organic cherry, organic pear; Cruciferous Concentrate: organic broccoli, organic cabbage, organic cauliflower, organic brussel sprouts, organic mustard greens; Lutein concentrate: organic spinach, organic kale, organic asparagus, organic alfalfa, Hyaluronic acid (potato).

ORGANIC MEDITERRANEAN SUPER SEED BLEND: Organic Anise Seed, Organic Basil Leaf, Organic Bay Leaf, Organic Caraway Seed, Organic Cardamom Seed, Organic Coriander Leaf, Organic Cumin Seed, Organic Fennel (seed), Organic Fenugreek (seed), Organic Mustard Seed, Organic Oregano Leaf, Organic Sage Leaf, Organic Thyme Leaf.

ESSENTIAL FATTY ACID COMPLEX: Glycerin, Sorbitol Fatty Acid Esters, Flaxseed Oil (source of omega 3 fatty acids), Borage Oil, and Evening Primrose Oil (sources of GLA), Almond Oil, Sesame Seed Oil, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil.

MEDITERRANEAN HERBAL COMBINATION with ALOE VERA LEAF: Macca (Lepidium Meyenii), Eleuthero Root (Eleutherococcus senticosus), Many-flower Solomon’s Seal (Polygonatum multiflorum) (seed), False Unicorn (root), Black Cumin Seed (Nigella sativa), Yerba Maté Leaves Ext. (Ilex paraguariensis), Astragalus Root (Astragalus membranaceus), Nettle Herbs (leaf) (Urtica dioica), Calendula (leaf), Echinacea Root (Echinacea angustifolia), Alfalfa Leaves (Medicago sativa), Dandelion Root (Taraxacum off.), Clove (Syzygium aromaticum), Saw Palmetto Berries (Serenoa serrulata), Red Clover Flower (Trifolium pratense), Peppermint Leaves (Mentha piperita), Pumpkin (Cucrbita pepo) (seed), Cinnamon Bark (Cinnamomum cassia), Ginger Root (Zingiber off.), Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra) (root), Ginseng Root (Panax ginseng), Chicory (Cichorium intybus) (root), Lemon Balm (Melissa officinalis) (leaf), Bilberry (Vaccinium myrtillus) (fruit), Goldenseal (Hydrastis Canadensis), Ashwaghanda (Withania somnifera) (root), Artichoke (Cynara scolymus) (leaf), Helonias Root (Chamaelirium luteum), Horehound (Marrubium Vulgare), Passion Flower (Passiflora Incarta), Sarsaparilla (Smilax officinalis) (leaf), Olive (Olea europaea) (leaf), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Concentrate (200:1) (leaf), Iceland Moss (Centraria islandica).

IONIC MINERAL BLEND

HERBAL VITAMIN C COMPLEX: Rose Hips, Acerola Cherry, Sago Palm, Camu Fruit.

BOTANICAL COMPLEX with PHENALGIN™: Green tea polyphenols, grape seed extract, Pine bark extract, grape skin extract, phlorotannin extract of Canary Island Cystoseira (canariensis marine algae), Alpine Tea (Rhodenol) (Rhododendron caucasicum), Citrus Bioflavonoids.

WHOLE SUPERFOOD GREEN COMPLEX: Wheat Grass (leaf), Barley Grass (leaf), Spirulina (whole plant), Dunaliella (whole plant), Apple (pectin), Barley (sprouts), Brown Rice Bran, Nova Scotia Dulse, Fructooligosaccharides, Chlorella (whole plant), Oat Straw (leaf), Rye Grass (leaf), Lycopene (from tomatoes).

PLANT ENZYME CONCENTRATE: Papaya (fruit), pineapple (fruit), amylase, cellulase, invertase, lactase, lipase, phytase, and protease.

PROPRIETARY OCEAN NUTRIENT COMPLEX with PLANKTON: Sea Lettuce [ulva lactuca], Wild Atlantic Nori [Porphyra umbilicalis], Dulse (whole plant), Bladderwrack (whole plant), Rockweed (whole leaf), Kelp (whole plant), and Irish Moss (whole plant), Plankton (from golden brown algae).

Other Ingredients: Filtered Water, Natural colours and flavours, Glycine, Yellow Pea Protein, Xanthane Gum (naturally sourced), Potassium Sorbate.

------------------------

To which I add a shot of a product which contains

Harmony contains a proprietary blend of Honey, Molasses, Carob (fruit), Nigella (Black Seed), Rhubarb Root, Thyme (leaf), Damiana (leaf), Ginger (Rhizome), Clove (flower), Cayenne (fruit), Rosemary (leaf), Sage (leaf), Alfalfa Oil (leaf), Licorice (root), Polygonatum (many-flower Solomon's Seal) [rhizome], Blessed Thistle (fruit), German Chamomile (flower), Chicory, Bee Pollen.

-----------------------

And that's just for openers!

Let's just say I'm an all or nothing kind of guy!

I feel like some sort of Alchemist when I create these supershakes, and it sure is a buzz drinking them, and after, every cell in your body almost shouts out loud for sheer JOY!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join