It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Democrats Ask Pentagon for Info on Potential Obama Challengers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
So me thinks Obama is a little worried........why oh why would they neeed to investigate those they may have to run against this early?

"The nine Republicans that Democrats are seeking information on are former Gov. Sarah Palin, R-Alaska; former Gov. Mitt Romney, R-Mass.; Gov. Haley Barbour, R-Miss.; Gov. Tim Pawlenty, R-Minn.; former Gov. Mike Huckabee, R-Ark.; former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, R-Ga.; Sen. John Thune, R-S.D.; Gov. Mitch Daniels, R-Ind.; Gov. Bobby Jindal, R-La. "

The request are supposed to be responded to before friday, I wonder why that may be so important? Ah well, I guess it's Chicago politic as usual, desperation doesn't look good for anyone in office let alone Obama, but I guess they truely are worried.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I saw this on the news last night. Apparently, this is something that is done every election cycle, by both parties. I'm not sure of the importance of obtaining this type of information, but it is not new, nor is it exclusive to the Obama administration.

From the OP source:

Such requests are typical in the world of opposition research, which involves casting a broad net for publicly available material that may at some point prove embarrassing or incriminating to political candidates.

edit on 28-10-2010 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Also from the source

"The DNC's request is intriguing for its timing as well as for the singling out of nine particular Republicans who are expected to vie for the GOP presidential nomination. "

I know routinely they each try and investigate each other.......but two years before the election, and just before this one...................seems odd. Also, you'd think most of the people listed they would have already investigated thouroughly.....so why now.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Both the republicans and the democrats do it to some extent.
But Mr. Change was supposed to be difrerent and not get into dirty politics like this.

Oh well .... another campaign promise down the drain.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
reply to post by Aggie Man

Also from the source

"The DNC's request is intriguing for its timing as well as for the singling out of nine particular Republicans who are expected to vie for the GOP presidential nomination. "

I know routinely they each try and investigate each other.......but two years before the election, and just before this one...................seems odd. Also, you'd think most of the people listed they would have already investigated thouroughly.....so why now.

The timing seems odd, that much is true. However, I ask why not now? It's never too early to get a jump on your opposition. Sure, most of those potential candidates have been investigated, but you never know what may turn up.

My speculation: they are requesting information now, before anything damning gets deleted or "lost". With a change of guard likely coming in the senate, one never knows what information that is now available may soon become unavailable. I call this move "great foresight".

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

geez talk about big brother run amuck.

ok i want all correspondence of obama and every single democratic congressman for the past 2 years.

scared nope just getting a head start on the smear campaigns so the lefties can leak it to wikileaks and moveon and every other left wing media outlet.

so they can sit back and let them do all the work and just ride the waves of animosity.

meh.............

top topics

join