It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arkansas officials condemn anti-gay comments on Facebook

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by damwel

The fact he has a right to say something means only he can't be jailed for it

It doesn't mean he cant lose his job, friends, or family over it.... Because well thats all within their 1st amendment rights as well..

I want this guy to keep talking, because he makes a great poster child for the homophobe. Though i believe he should have nothing to do with our education.

May I say Damned Right!

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic
reply to post by HunkaHunka

am i the only guy who thinks that people that talk like that are either secretly gay themselves or at least seriously question their own sexuality?

No you are not.

I think the same thing and I am a straight male as well.

I think freaks like him are denying their feelings so hard that they get all worked up, and wish for a firery purge of these "evil" impulses - so they blame gays and lesbians for their own perceived "weaknesses".

Get used to it people. Give these human beings full citizenship.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

www.cnn.com

Midland School District Vice President Clint McCance wrote on his personal Facebook page that he wanted gay people to commit suicide, according to The Advocate, a newspaper focusing on gay news. McCance used the terms "queer" and "fag" repeatedly, promised to disown his own children if they were gay, and stated that he enjoys "the fact that [gay people] often give each other AIDS and die."
(visit the link for the full news article)

And you allow these people to teach your children...Hmmm... This is a hate crime! Public official!!!!! WTF?
Fire him!

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

I have a friend who is gay (I just learned this last May, his sex preference I mean) he opted in for a second tour of Iraq back when it wasn't fun at all.

I bet this POS "official" did not have, nor ever will have those kinds of balls and guts.

My friend wore the uniform and shed the same blood in the same mud. How dare this coward disparage my friend.

This enrages me, terribly.

Sorry if anyone is offended at my language. But my friend is a MAN - and one damned gutzy one too. I would be honored to serve beside him anywhere at anytime.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsychNurse

www.cnn.com

Midland School District Vice President Clint McCance wrote on his personal Facebook page that he wanted gay people to commit suicide, according to The Advocate, a newspaper focusing on gay news. McCance used the terms "queer" and "fag" repeatedly, promised to disown his own children if they were gay, and stated that he enjoys "the fact that [gay people] often give each other AIDS and die."
(visit the link for the full news article)

And you allow these people to teach your children...Hmmm... This is a hate crime! Public official!!!!! WTF?
Fire him!

Makes me want to scream and or shoot someone. Dueling was a good thing.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The freedom of speech and the politically correct issues have come under fire time and time again. There are very few jobs, to my knowledge that would have the right and the authority to stop that very right and freedom from being exercised. Just cause an official or a person who is elected to a position, does not mean that they lose that freedom as guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States. It can not be policy or precedent that just cause a person is elected that they no longer have the right to voice their opinion on any topic that they may feel strongly about. And ultimately, what all did this individual do that was so wrong? Did he do it while at work, being an official who was at work, while the tax payers were paying for him to do a job, or was it on his own time? If the latter is true, then there is nothing that can either be done, or should be, as it is his right to post and say things that may or may not be in the interest of the general public, that we may or may not agree with. The general concern that should be more of a concern boils down to 2 questions: 1) Was this done in his private time, or at work as a school official? 2) Did his bias against gay people affect the way he dealt with the children, staff and the parents? If the answer is no, then there is no reason to get upset or fire this individual. He is for all intents and purposes, exercising his freedom of Speech and we should back him on the right for such, while condoning the message of what is in that speech.
On the flip side of this entire issue, the old saying be careful of what you post, as it is viewable to the general public and there for, as a public official, more is going to be looked at and analyzed, especially on what all they had posted and things that they have done in the past. If anything, this may affect his career, and the really sad thing is that people and groups from outside of that town will now get involved in the local political scene rather than leave it to the local population to deal with.
A final question that should be asked, would this really have mattered if it did not appear on a national TV show? After all what of this entire story, makes this really news worthy, to take up time and air? Why did MSNBC decide to run this story? Is this a trend that is popping up around the country that school officials are posting distasteful things or is this more to gather a viewing block as part of a public interest story, for the ratings? If it is the latter, then I am afraid that we all have been duped into taking an interest, that should not have been a national news story, and now the eyes of the public are on a small town in Arkansas that probably would not have wanted this kind of attention in the first place.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I find this type of matter to be
minuscule in the over-all scheme
of world events.

Why are some so obsessed with
what others say or think or write?
Survival of mankind as a species
is a priority. Calling someone
gay on a website is but a toothpick
in a forest.

whatever happened to the old adage:

sticks and stones may break my bones
but words can never hurt me???

get over it folks

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

I have a friend who is gay (I just learned this last May, his sex preference I mean) he opted in for a second tour of Iraq back when it wasn't fun at all.

Please use Orientation instead of Preference.

It sounds like he has a choice whether he is gay or not. It is not a Choice.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

The right to free speech onlymeans you can't be jailed...

Everyone else also has 1st amendment right as well, his employerl his friends, and his family... The right to free speech doesn't mean lack of consequences, other than legal... Folks can fire you, family members can leave you, and media outlets can revile you because they have free speech rights as well...

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
Did his bias against gay people affect the way he dealt with the children, staff and the parents? If the answer is no, then there is no reason to get upset or fire this individual.

How could the answer to this question possibly be NO?

Other news sources are picking this up days after it was posted on The Advocate. It is getting attention because it deserves attention. It is getting attention because people are talking about it.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
The freedom of speech and the politically correct issues have come under fire time and time again. There are very few jobs, to my knowledge that would have the right and the authority to stop that very right and freedom from being exercised. Just cause an official or a person who is elected to a position, does not mean that they lose that freedom as guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States. It can not be policy or precedent that just cause a person is elected that they no longer have the right to voice their opinion on any topic that they may feel strongly about. And ultimately, what all did this individual do that was so wrong? Did he do it while at work, being an official who was at work, while the tax payers were paying for him to do a job, or was it on his own time? If the latter is true, then there is nothing that can either be done, or should be, as it is his right to post and say things that may or may not be in the interest of the general public, that we may or may not agree with. The general concern that should be more of a concern boils down to 2 questions: 1) Was this done in his private time, or at work as a school official? 2) Did his bias against gay people affect the way he dealt with the children, staff and the parents? If the answer is no, then there is no reason to get upset or fire this individual. He is for all intents and purposes, exercising his freedom of Speech and we should back him on the right for such, while condoning the message of what is in that speech.
On the flip side of this entire issue, the old saying be careful of what you post, as it is viewable to the general public and there for, as a public official, more is going to be looked at and analyzed, especially on what all they had posted and things that they have done in the past. If anything, this may affect his career, and the really sad thing is that people and groups from outside of that town will now get involved in the local political scene rather than leave it to the local population to deal with.
A final question that should be asked, would this really have mattered if it did not appear on a national TV show? After all what of this entire story, makes this really news worthy, to take up time and air? Why did MSNBC decide to run this story? Is this a trend that is popping up around the country that school officials are posting distasteful things or is this more to gather a viewing block as part of a public interest story, for the ratings? If it is the latter, then I am afraid that we all have been duped into taking an interest, that should not have been a national news story, and now the eyes of the public are on a small town in Arkansas that probably would not have wanted this kind of attention in the first place.

Forget politically correct, Zampolit sdcigarpig. This is hate, probably initiated by repressed homosexual tendencies in this churl. Yes he has the right to say what he wants, but yes - the people have the right to remove him. This uproar is caused by his intense homophobia, and deserves attention. If we are to be a civilized society, then we must balance freespeech against the tendency to launch pogroms.

In any event, this man is not worthy of teaching our children or having any part of that process.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Please use Orientation instead of Preference.

It sounds like he has a choice whether he is gay or not. It is not a Choice.

I was simply trying to convey how much I respect this man. I am not well versed in language uses. Sorry.

Forgive me?

edit on 28-10-2010 by mydarkpassenger because: Speeling

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Interesting replies, and all are valid. but can one of you answer me this, how is what this man has done, any different than any other person, who is elected? He can not be fired, as he was not hired, he was elected to the position by the general population. Was he wrong for stating what he did, that much I am not debating and do agree it was in bad tastes, but it is his right and he should be allowed the same privledges as any who are a citizen in this country.
Like most who would spew such rhetoric and say things that are mean and spiteful are looking for attention, it is like a cry in silence, the question is do you respond or is it something that should not be given any attention to? After all, if this did not make the evening news or reported by MSNBC, would it have made a difference at the national level? I can only conclude that the answer is no, that it would not have made a difference at a national level. There is no report that he targeted gay students or went out and deliberately harassed or persecuted those who were gay. If he had done such, as an elected officials, than that would be something that would be worth of the national news. He merely stated his opinion, as distasteful as it may seem, it is his opinion. If it did not get national attention, it would not affect our lives. But because it did, it has, and now the question must be, does it matter. Any more, it seems like when someone, from the lowest person on the street, to those at the higher levels, if they give an opinion on a hot issue, it becomes national news. And unfortunately, too many people give attention to those who would continue to give such distasteful speech. This should be viewed in the same way as others like this, similar to many of the religious figures who would spout such, just ignore it and it simply will fade away, do not and like some activist, it is a wound that will not close or heal.
Both sides on this issue would do well to think of it in terms like this, just ignore it and let the wound heal, so we can all be a society, without the fractures and divisions. As long as we give such attention and bring up the past, then the healing will take twice as long.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I was simply trying to convey how much I respect this man. I am not well versed in language uses. Sorry.

Forgive me?

Oh I got that.

I wouldn't have said that to someone who didn't care.

All is good.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

But if you launch a pogom against someone who says something that offends you, are you no better than the person? Take for example WBC, they say mean and spiteful things, but to go after them, to attack them, only plays into their hands. If they are ignored, then they simply go away, as they are not getting the reaction or attention they are seeking. They are active, but the amount of national coverage they are getting for their actions are very far and few between, only for the very big events does the media cover and take notice of such.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Facebook is no friend to gay-bashing school official

Hey everybody! I'm a jerk!

By Helen A.S. Popkin

UPDATE: On Thursday night, Clint McCance said he is resigning his school board seat, according to CNN and as reported on MSNBC.com.

----------------------------------------

Gay-bashing Arkansas Midland School District board member Clint McCance is not getting the credit he deserves. Last week, when McCance chose to spread his expletive-laced hate speech towards dead gay children via Facebook, his timing was perfect.

Preventing LGBT suicides is one hot topic, what with the momentum behind the "It Gets Better" video archive project. Anyone out there still questioning the severity of an issue that has private citizens, celebrities and President Obama making videos telling isolated kids that there is nothing wrong with them? McCance, whose position revolves around the future of children, helpfully blights all doubt.

technolog.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Anyone remember the "Scandal" that circulated in the Media some years ago, about those two extreme-religious guys that condamned gay people and lectured and propagated about how sinful they were and that "God hates F@gs" and all the stuff, and then were caught litteraly with the pants down in an airport-WC, humping each other?

I don't recall their names, but I find the story extremely telling.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

Here's the thing what "gay-rights" supporters don't understand about people who don't support "gay-rights."

Gays already have the same rights as everyone else. Let me repeat this again: GAYS ALREADY HAVE THE SAME RIGHTS AS EVERYONE ELSE! They just want more. Marriage and serving in the military are not rights. The heterosexual population who are against gay marriage are tired of hearing all the pissing and moaning coming from the "gay community."

Everything about them is contrary to nature.

Lesbians with short hair acting like a man.
Gays prancing around and talking like a little girl.

They are contrary to what is normal in nature. If they want to do what they want to do, then let them go do it. Just not in front of me or my kids.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
GAYS ALREADY HAVE THE SAME RIGHTS AS EVERYONE ELSE!

NO - they don't!

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
reply to post by snusfanatic

Here's the thing what "gay-rights" supporters don't understand about people who don't support "gay-rights."

Gays already have the same rights as everyone else.

They do? So they have all along been able to marry whom ever they wants to marry, just in the same way Heterosexual people are able to marry their highschool sweetheart?
They have been able to do this all along?

Everything about them is contrary to nature.

The ordinary Hate-lie again.
Please let me educate you a bit in the matter to help you avoide making further such embarrasing statements in the future.

Here, for you, directly from The Medical News Net.

1,500 animal species practice homosexuality

Homosexuality is quite common in the animal kingdom, especially among herding animals. Many animals solve conflicts by practicing same gender sex. From the middle of October until next summer the Norwegian Natural History Museum of the University of Oslo will host the first exhibition that focuses on homosexuality in the animal kingdom. "One fundamental premise in social debates has been that homosexuality is unnatural. This premise is wrong. Homosexuality is both common and highly essential in the lives of a number of species," explains Petter Boeckman, who is the academic advisor for the "Against Nature's Order?" exhibition.

Furher:

Sex among dwarf chimpanzees is in fact the business of the whole family, and the cute little ones often lend a helping hand when they engage in oral sex with each other." Lions are also homosexual. Male lions often band together with their brothers to lead the pride. To ensure loyalty, they strengthen the bonds by often having sex with each other.

Link: www.news-medical.net...
edit on 30-10-2010 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join