It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mohammed is now the most popular name for baby boys ahead of Jack and Harry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Mohammed has become the most popular name for newborn boys in Britain.

It shot up from third the previous year, overtaking Jack, which had topped the list for the past 14 years but was relegated to third spot. Olivia topped the list for little girls for the second year in a row, behind Ruby and Chloe.

A total of 7,549 newborns were given 12 variations of the Islamic prophet Mohammed’s name last year, such as Muhammad and Mohammad.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Mohammed most popular boys name in UK

Mohammed was the most popular name for newborn baby boys in England and Wales in 2009, according to official data released. But 12 different spellings of the name, each listed separately, meant that Oliver officially topped poll. The name, given to 7,364 children, ended Jack's 14-year reign at number one, with Harry, Alfie and Joshua rounding out the top five in the figures published by the Office for National Statistics. The two most common spellings of the Muslim name came in at 16th and 36th place, a total of 7,549 baby boys, making it the most popular name overall. The most common spelling, Mohammed, was the number one name in its own right in the West Midlands region of central England which includes the city of Birmingham, and number four in London.

Whoa. That may be interesting, but what is interesting is that Muslims are breeding faster than the native Europeans, waging demographic warfare.

Although I am not racist, this trend has raised red flags with me.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

Hello,
I saw the same story today in the Daily Mail and actually was not surprised, sadly. Nothing against any specific religion here, but it does show a trend.. and in my eyes a slightly concerning one.

Now if in North African countries the most popular name was David, James or whatever and not Mohammed then I think the arguement would be a moot one. However that is not the case is it?

Regards,
T

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
To all of the people saying they don't believe it because its from the Daily Mail you're wrong its actually from The Office for National Statistics, the Daily Mail and others just reported it. You're blaming the messenger.

www.christian.org.uk... (I guess you'll say but this link is Christian, but again THEY ARE REPORTING ON THE ONS figures they aren't inventing them).

Its true the Daily Mail did combine all variants of spelling of Mohammed so you might say they have an agenda but The Guardian combined all the variants of Oliver (eg Oli) together to keep Mohammed off the top of their list. So they all have agendas.

The point is that Muslims are not having 2.5% of the new borns in Britian (an argument some of you have made) they are growing at 10 times the rate of non-Muslims.

www.timesonline.co.uk...
wondersofpakistan.wordpress.com...
www.snopes.com...

"Overall, Muslims account for three per cent of the population, about 1.5 million people. However, the Muslim birth rate is roughly three times higher than the non-Muslim one."

www.express.co.uk... -migrants-Baby-boom-among-migrants-Baby-boom-among-migrants-Baby-boom-among-migrants-Baby-boom-among-migrants-Baby-boom-among-migrants-Baby-boom-among -migrants-Baby-boom-among-migrants-Baby-boom-among-migrants-Baby-boom-among-migrants-Baby-boom-among-migrants-Baby-boom-among-migrants-Baby-boom-among -migrants-Baby-boom-among-migrants-Baby-boom-among-migrants-Baby-boom-among-migrants-Baby-boom-among-migrants-Baby-boom-among-migrants-Baby-boom-among -migrants-Baby-boom-among-migrants-#

top topics

join