It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

just a question..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Hey all

Im new to this board and I live in Canada.

Now I want to join the USA army, how would I go about doing that since i live in canada?

I dont want to join the canadian army because i would rather fight along side the power country if you know what i mean
. And canadians have a stupid name for their gun they call it the C7, i like the sould of the M16 better

thanks for any help

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS i will move this to Chit Chat.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Move to the states...then go down to the sign up place (sry..its late and the name slipped my mind
)

BTW...Welcome to ATS!!!

Dont believe everything you read.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
You could contact the US Army and ask about them sponsoring you for citizenship. That will be similar to getting a job in the US and having the employer sponsoring you.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

Don't take offense to this but your post worried me. If your main reasons for wanting to join the military are the desire to play with the big boys and the name of a gun, IMO you should seriously reconsider your reasons. Are you of age to join the military, and do you have any other (serious) reasons for wanting to do so?

Again, welcome and don't think I'm bashing you!

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
No that is not the only reason for signing up.

First off I am old enough to join, im 19 years old. I just graduated school and quit my telemarketing job which is to boring and I want to do something with my life.

I was going to go to college but I dont know what to take? I dont like many things in their. Im upsest with soldiers, guns, stratagies etc..

In the American army I will have a chance to explore new things, go places I wouldnt ever offord to go on my own, make new friends.

Of course I know there is cons to this like taking you away from family, friends and loved ones. But I think I have given this a lot of thought, im just recovering from drug abuse ( not hardcore drugs ) drugs like weed, xtc. I have been doing them for about 2 years and I managed to stop all of them except for marijuana which I still do sometimes. I stoped all of this with no help from my parents, I could not let them find out about it.

But anyway, Lets say I do join, how long will they take me away from home for? I know there is a basic training which takes like 6 months but after that 6 months I heard they give you more feedome like to fly back home and do whatever. (Thats what the canadian army does anyway )

How would I go about geting a sponsour? Is there a number I can call or anything? I dont want to move to the states I just want to join the US Army.

top topics

join