It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It's reasonable they quit. Underpaid is one thing, but dead is another. After they survived 1000 bullets in a surprise attack, I don't blame them for not tempting any more fate. Hell, the Mexican government isn't going to save them- they've proven that for how many years now?

I wonder how many entire police depts in the US would quit if those cartels started ambushing police stations over the border. From previous stories, US border patrol agents have already been pulled back from certain parts of the border because it is too dangerous. This means they are giving up ground, and allowing the no man's land to become bigger. This is bringing violence one step closer to US police departments every day.

There is one price you pay to be politically correct. There is another to be constitutionally negligent. So the question is how far will they push the border before the guns get drawn. But the drug cartels must fear US power or else they would have already moved in. They sure don't seem to fear Mexico's army....Why would they? The cartels have their own people in the army....

Those police that quit knew they were screwed either way. Good on them.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
The death rate from these drug cartels seems to put the terrorists to shame. If only these drug gangs would cause their trouble in locations where we needed to establish new oil pipelines then maybe we could do something about them. But unfortunately they are themselves a form of pipeline. It is very interesting to see the different ways in which the media reports these drug massacres compared to terrorist attacks.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
There are so many questions that come up when I read this story.

1.) How fast will it spread?
2.) Where will it spread to?
3.) If the Cartels do indeed cross the border and bring the chaos with them, who will stand up to them?
4.) If the Cartels wage war against American citizens, will the gangs here join the Cartels or the American citizens?

Just a few questions that popped into my head. As a person conditioning to become a police officer in Texas, I know that I would quit in a heartbeat if this same thing happened to me. I would throw my badge at the face of the man in charge and walk away without a word. If the US Government stepped in, or at the very least the States stepped in with the National Guard, I would join them. But being just a Police Officer in this situation is like being an ant in a hurricane. It is so much bigger than yourself, so don't bother trying to save the colony. You can always rebuild after.

That is just how I would do things.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Modern Americana

The gangs are already part of the cartels, if they wanted to war in america they could.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The sad thing about all this: The new chief of police is a beautiful 20 year old girl. . .really?

That is just sad that this country has gotten this out of hand and the government isn't doing anything strategic.
Call a curfew and enforce a shoot to kill to any curfew breakers. Mexico is worse then Iraq's WMD program ever was, so where is the government enforcing their policing authority to that country?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by anthbes

Texas is full of gung-ho gun owners. Why can't they just defend themselves? If they pride themselves on being independent people, then take matters into their own hands.

I no longer care. It beats hearing people complain all the time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join