It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody else experiencing strange weather this week?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
If anybody here is from Georgia then you know what a lot of people say about it. If you don't like the weather now just wait a few hours.

I know weather in general is strange and is somewhat predictable to some degree but the stuff happening now is just strange to me.

This week has been full of crazy weather. Everything from very strong winds to thunderstorms with lots of thunder and lightning without a single drop of rain. I have been watching several different layers of clouds today all moving in different directions. Right now the wind is howling and the humidity makes it feel like summertime outside.

The weather has just been strange this week around the Athens area. Just wondering if anybody else has had some strange weather this week as well.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Yes it's cooler than it was last week - but still very warm.

Also it rained and rainy season is meant to be over.

-m0r

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I live in the UK. Round here, it seems as though one minute it's cold enough for it to snow, the next it's warm enough for me to need to open all the windows. One minute there's torrential rain, the next - blue skies and sunshine. I'm not sure if it's unusual as such, but I wish it would make it's mind up which season it wants to be.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Early winter. Woke up to an inch of snow yesterday, this morning over a foot. The weather service is saying much of the US and Canada are in the middle of a weather bomb.

Up here, it seems it was a snow bomb. I won't see the ground now until next May

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Rhadamanthus

Yes, there's been strange weather and seismic activity all over the place. Sunspots, man O_O

Seriously though, I have noticed it. It's raining cats and dogs outside my window as we speak. And the temperature has been all over the place this week.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I live just outside of Nashville. We had a weird cold front come through yesterday that spawned a bunch of tornadoes and heavy thunderstorms. It started the day around 80 and then dropped to 60 after the front went through. I think that is the same front your now getting in GA... I remember what you were saying about the clouds. There were three different layers I could see and they were all going in different directions.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by wisintel

Exactly! It has been very interesting looking up into the clouds over the last couple of days. It seems our atmosphere is very turbulent right now. It is just strange to me the plethora of weather conditions we have had this week.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Same here in Malaysia, it was supposed to rain a few weeks back and raining season is supposed to be over but right now it has been raining cats and dogs for a few days now. The weather has been really weird the whole year for me. It's became hot today again but it looks like it's going to rain in the middle of the night.

Weird weather patterns.. agreed

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Weather as normal as can be in Eastern United States

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I'm in Tennessee. We had 6 weeks without rain, one day of scattered showers, then 8 more weeks without a drop of rain, then the crazy wind and thunderstorms yesterday. I was standing out just before the storms hit just watching the wild layers of clouds too.

I just got to thinking about the lack of rain in so many places. I know that there are several bottled water co in the states. I wonder if there is any regulation of how much water they can take out of the environment and not have any impact. Slightly off topic, but the weird weather has just gotten me thinking lately....

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

I'm getting tornado watch warnings since last night on my cell phone here in MD. I think we are getting residuals from the bad weather that blew through the Midwest yesterday. I saw a lot of chaotic cloud activity yesterday as well, when out walking my dog. I wouldn't say its all drastically unusual for this time of year but it's definitely unsettled weather. I could see it being linked to solar activity I've been reading about.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Chad Meyers, weatherman on CNN said earlier today that the Low Pressure system that developed over the Great Lakes yesterday was the lowest ever on record. If it had been out in the ocean it would have been a Cat 3 hurricane. Interesting eh?

Here in Berkeley it is grey, grey, grey and chilly!

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
kind of; we had abnormally strong winds for this particular time of year here in Colorado yesterday, BUT this being Colorado, abnormal weather isn't really all that out of the ordinary.

So, yes and no, i suppose.... I'm a big help ^___^

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Yes...I'm in MN. It's been crazy, windy here, too. It was so loud last night it was hard to fall asleep. Was snowing and blowing early am...(not unusual for snow here) but yeah, the wind? Very different for us here. And I thought this was kind of different but last night on the local news they were saying how the barometric pressure can cause more women to go into labor...apparently the pressure here is low, but they had to show shots of little newborns, kinda cute. But yeah, I'd say weather here is definitely different than is typical.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Yes definately, this whole year has seemed odd to me, there were times during summer that I could have sworn the sun was coming up hours earlier than it should be.

So far its been freezing cold one minute and then really warm the next, last week we had some frost this week we had air conditioning on.

But the weirdest experience ever was earlier this week, I went out during the night and it was bone chillingly cold, like freezing but imagine freezing without seeing your breath and no frost, that was totally bizarre - but it felt around 0c

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Just had a tornado touch down in my county a couple of hours ago and the sky is still dark as it can be.... so Yeah

~Heff

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
In south-central KY we experienced strong storms in the area. Several tornado warnings around us and to our south, south-west, and south-east.

What amazed me the most was the low pressure system over the center of the country. ABCNews.com reported it was one of the top five strongest wind-based storms in history (based on pressure, I believe).

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
unusually hot for this time of year.
Late October usually runs around
50-55 for a nightly low and most times
kids bundle up for trick or treating.
This year I suppose they'll be wearing
shorts and tank tops and flip flops.
Last night the low here was 75 deg
when it's usually around 55. Right now,
it's almost 90 deg. May have something to
do with the CME earlier this week.
But IMO the bad storm in the midwest
is actually a HAARP attack from China
over financial impasses between Geitner
and the Chinese banks. Welcome to the
HAARP wars.
edit on 10/27/2010 by boondock-saint because: correction

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Thanks for all the input folks. It is nice to see what else is going on around the country and even the world at times. It is nice to have such a large community that contributes.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
In the mountains in western NC, we have had tornado watches twice this week. Seldom do we ever get those, but yes, lots of wind. Some storms. A bit warm for this time of year as well I think. Weather I love!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join