It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holometer? Set to determine whether Reality is just an Illusion...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by agent violet

Heya,

I was going to post something about this too, but never got around to it, I have another link for your collection, take good care

Love and peace

Rick

www.csmonitor.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by leira7
Wonderful idea, and the Universe is a Hologram, I am excited to see that these scientists are out to prove it, to change how we view, well, EVERYTHING, but, I'm sad to say that it's not going to work.

They are treating the Origin point like it's in 2D, using X and Y (left and right), without the Z (high low).
They are treating the universe like it's a square, like the pixels are blocks, but in reality, they are spheres, our universe is spheroid, if you wish to frame a picture, then you must touch it on all sides, know what I mean?
They've got to get one light, one wavelength to shine in a total 360. They've got to get the right light, they have to test the entire known spectrum to see which wave, long or short, will reveal our illusive dimension.

From a philosphical point of view (I'm not a physicist, at best student) if you have a sphere you can visualize a cube around it. Nothing would change to the sphere, it is just a way of precisely measuring something taking into account the empty spaces which are showing when you put a sphere in a cube. Visualize a cube around the planets in our solar system and then make up 1 imaginary cube for measurement and you could calculate distance and more. Take the center of the galaxy, which is a sphere and visualize a cube around it, now all adjacent spheres could be visualized as cubes (but we would know they are spheres in reality). Now we can easily slice up the universe and look at each slice seperate. However, we would still be looking with 2 eyes, anything we see would still appear as we originally saw it, 3d.

Another way to try and explain what I mean, from an artist' point of view, sit down and keep your head still for 30 minutes, quiet your mind and visualize yourself in the center of a perfect cube and look in the center of the facet which is in front of you, then look into infinity (just anywhere beyond the horizon like looking through that center) now there is some line from where you can say everything below is down and everything above is up. Now visualize an imaginary vertical "horizon" and you can say there is a right side and left side. Now you should have some infinite imaginary focus point (where the two lines meet) and if you watch that while observing the room you are in you should be able to see how you could make a photograph or draw it, you would see it as 2d as the center of the cube is your point of view.

Point being we do this all the time (or rather our brains translate the light from the sun this way) it happens so fast and because we all accept a 3d world you would not become aware of this, especially when it is very difficult to learn how to perceive reality like this and without having an instant reward for it.

<< 1   >>

join