It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens Dead After Tsunami Hits Indonesia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

See for yourself

People have been injured by hot ash and it seems to be all together chaotic over there right now.
edit on 26-10-2010 by W3RLIED2 because: That news feed is also covering the Tsunamis as well. I was not trying to derail the subject.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

What i ment by that is how Fragile our System is at the mo, Shut down Shipping for a few weeks are the west would starve

all of this seems to be tied in to the Sun, and as we are getting closer to this solar maxiaum it seems to be getting worse

Maybe over the past it hasnt seemed so bad Milder maxaiums or maybe we were less sensertive to the effects and there wasnt 7 billion of us to feel the effects

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Just found this on the BBC News site.

At least 23 people have been killed and 167 are missing in Indonesia after a localised tsunami triggered by Monday's earthquake off the coast of Sumatra.

BBC News

Children 'swept away'
There is no tsunami warning system in place around the Mentawai islands, and initial reports about whether a tsunami had actually been generated were confused.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I can't get that webcam to load for some reason. It's just black.

BTW there's a lot of discussion at GLP about this volcano but hardly in here on ATS. What gives?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
theres a post in the Fragile earth section of ATS

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
What's the name of the volcano? Any pictures of it? I wish that webcam would work for me.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TreX-UK
reply to post by jexmo

aye just went though all the UK News channels and nothing...Top story is about Take-That getting back togeather

Unfortunately thats what UK news is ful of these days - celebrities. Its in the paper in NZ about the tsunami - was yesterday in fact and I looked on BBC and saw nothing. And the BBC is supposed to be the top news site in the world - haha.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TreX-UK
Whats werid is there is no warning from NOAA about this...cant even find a advice bulletin

NOAA

I would of thought a tsunami that has killed people would be pretty major

NOAA only releases tsunami warning if it boost there ratings.

Remember the non-existent tsunami that was going to hit hawii??

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Did you guys miss the Mag 7.5 EQ off Indonesia before the tsunami and earthquake happened.
Trifecta...

Check USGS and RSOE EDIS

<< 1   >>

join