It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens Season #2

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SKUNK2

The great pyramid is of such an advanced design we cannot even begin to replicate it today even with our modern technology. The great pyramid is also the oldest of all the pyramids at Giza, all others were failed attempts at copying the great one.

Don't be silly. It's advanced for the period and area, but no more advanced than the early Mesopotamians. We could replicate it if there was any reason to build something so inefficient from an outcome versus labour/materials perspective. It isn't the oldest pyramid no matter how many times fringe websites and people allergic to academic history repeat the claim. 'All others' includes a great many littering not just Egypt, but Sudan also.

Here's a few images to at least challenge the myth that the Great Pyramid and Egyptians were 'too advanced' or perfect...

There's no way we'd be 'allowed' to build this badly!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/afc011dc8685.jpg[/atsimg]

Too advanced?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c878b439818f.jpg[/atsimg]

Before we get carried away with how spookily advanced the ancient Egyptians were, let's pause and remember some details about their society? They mummified anything that moved! There a cave (Tomb of the Ibis iirc) with close to a million birds mummified. They thought that what you were buried with would be with you in the afterlife so they were buried with *model* cattle, servants and boats etc... I'm a great admirer for what the Egyptians achieved with human intelligence, insight and beautiful organisation. All that said, let's not elevate them to some kind of superiority over other people from different times. I'll leave you with one more image to shake the misconception that they knew anything more than we do now...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/97f305081a2d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Kadinsky, do you not need to take into account the amount of erosion from different types of weather to the Pyramids over the years which could have changed the aesthitics of the buildings overtime? Also from human intervention of the removal of most of the casing stones due to their worth...

So you need to consider other factors effecting the Pyramids present day state, compared to 'then', 2500 years ago officially or any other date subject to debate.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

You don't have a clue at all.
The great pyramid is 4000+ years old(a modern sky scraper lasts 150 years), you'd have to be a retard to think it wouldn't have degraded since then due to erosion and damage caused by people. I'd like you to explain how the builders of the great pyramid were cutting the stone so perfectly they didn't even have to use mortar to bind the stone together??? Modern stone masons don't do this because it is so difficult...

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SKUNK2

You don't have a clue at all.
The great pyramid is 4000+ years old(a modern sky scraper lasts 150 years), you'd have to be a retard to think it wouldn't have degraded since then due to erosion and damage caused by people. I'd like you to explain how the builders of the great pyramid were cutting the stone so perfectly they didn't even have to use mortar to bind the stone together??? Modern stone masons don't do this because it is so difficult...

Look again. The blocks aren't uniform and the courses (rows) are uneven. A modern bricklayer wouldn't be so haphazard. A good bricklayer would be appalled. The point I was making was to demonstrate that your claims of 'advanced' designs and how we can't 'replicate' it don't agree with the evidence.

Perhaps a few fringe websites and Chris Dunn make the claims of 'perfection' and 'impossibilities' seem true by repetition?

reply to post by Eckoro

Kadinsky, do you not need to take into account the amount of erosion from different types of weather to the Pyramids over the years which could have changed the aesthitics of the buildings overtime? Also from human intervention of the removal of most of the casing stones due to their worth... So you need to consider other factors effecting the Pyramids present day state, compared to 'then', 2500 years ago officially or any other date subject to debate.

I'm well aware of erosion and the quarry the blocks were taken from. Before my present career, I worked on building sites and can see immediately that the blocks haven't been laid in a way that suggests *too advanced.* In around 300AD iirc, there was a series of earthquakes that rocked the Giza Plateau and led to the casing stone (polished limestone) becoming damaged and much of it falling away. When the GP was constructed, there wasn't a need to be precise with the laying of blocks....hence the untidiness in the images...the blocks were placed in the knowledge that they'd be concealed.

The Egyptian society that constructed the GP had a fair share of geniuses, but in no way are they beyond modern capabilities. I've been discussing why Egyptians and not aliens built the pyramids since I signed on at ATS.

edit on 30-10-2010 by Kandinsky because: add a reply to eckro

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SKUNK2

again skunk2, go to las vegas. I think you will find out we have pretty well outdone the egyptians in building pyramids.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Hello, first post here... (although I have been a lurker for a while)

I recommend those interested in the subject to follow Ancient Aliens and Giorgio A. Tsoukalos in Facebook (although, I'm sure you already knew about it anyway). They regularly share news, pictures, etc.

They uploaded recently a few pictures of a place called "Sacsayhuaman Fortress", which actually sounds a bit like "sexy woman"

Eitherway, this is my favourite...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/59b3b23276c8.jpg[/atsimg]

And this one is impressive as well...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1e887b06a92b.jpg[/atsimg]

Am I the only one that finds amazing the perfect fit between the freaking huge rock and the adjacent ones? Does anybody have any idea how could they melt the rock and fit it amogst the others? Did they know how to bloody melt rocks?

I obviously have more question than answers, but for those that were saying before that some Pyramids were not properly built or that we could do it better today ... do you really think we could fit rocks like that today? And if the answer is yes (which, in all fairness, with a lot of effort we could), how is it that our ancestors could already do it?

Ps. I think I have expressed myself alright, but I would like to apologise if the construction of my comment sounds a bit strange since my first language is not English (I'm Spanish).

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by cakeordeath

yes I saw these in one of the "Ancient.." Series. quite amazing. Is there a scientific theory of how those fortresses are made? Do they serve any functions? are there chambers inside?

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I was eager to watch the new episode but was quite disappointed. The arguments are unconvincing and far fetched compared to the previous episodes.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The History Channel is a joke. 'Ancient Aliens' is a documentary series in the loosest sense of the word and doesn't belong on a channel with the word 'history' in the title.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join