It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All NASA pictures are manipulated?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I have read many things about NASA and their history of manipulating images from other planets as well as the pictures of our moon. I have seen a ton of pictures of our moon in which they appear to be in true color but all the images have seemed to be enhanced by using some method to saturate the colors. I don't know if everybody here has seen them but you can use pretty much use any search engine and find these pictures online. Several pictures show that mars looks a lot like earth. Others show the moon to look a lot like earth as well.

I have also read that NASA shoots images with 3 different color lenses and then takes these 3 separate photos to make one color image. I have also read that mars appears red in NASA photos because of the lenses filters they use. All this is from different NASA related websites.

I was also looking into cloning. You can see several pictures from NASA ranging from the moon,mars to the earth that appear to have duplicate rocks, clouds and formations in the same shot. This was explained as being a product from producing the single image from a panoramic picture.

I know nothing about photography and wanted to know what your opinion on this subject was. Maybe I am missing something so simple due to my lack of knowledge on the subject at hand.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhadamanthus

Not all of NASA's pictures are manipulated.
Some of them may look like they are manipulated, and aren't.
I've seen a few pictures where I could swear somethings been smudged out.
I'll try and get the links.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
yer i herd that mars isant redish ever but i carnt see why theyd do that

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by scott,aussie
yer i herd that mars isant redish ever but i carnt see why theyd do that

Uhhh well NASA isn't the only ones capable of looking at mars.
Buy a telescope and you'll see that mars is red.

I mean is our reality so currupt that Mars is actually another Earth and nobody knows this because its all hidden ???

Anyways i'm sure some are manipulated, but you can't rule them all out to be.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
They edit some pictures for PR purposes. One famous one was the view of the earth from the shuttle's front window. That was a composite. However I would emphasise that editing and manipulating are two different things. Editing together a panorama for example is still a real image but when you move to manipulating you make the image unreal. I'm not sure if I explained it properly

new topics

top topics

join