It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING! Indonesia Raises Volcano Alert Level To Max!! Merapi Is About To Explode!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
hisz.rsoe.hu...

7.5 Earthquake in the indonesian archipelago

173.4 km (107.75 miles) S of Sungaipenuh, Propinsi Jambi

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I have a question that I'm sure doesn't relate to this but wonder whether anyone is aware of a study as such:

My question I propose is:

Is there a direct study to mass displacement and the effect that *we are having on the surface of the earth.

By this I mean that there seems to be a substantial amount of earthquakes, volcanic activity etc...which I understand is because we are now able to monitor such events more efficiently but...

My point is lets say a few thousand years ago, the mass that is now on the surface of the planet was all deeply buried, including the necessary components/elements of life that is keeping/makes up billions of people, livestock etc alive today.

Is it possible that this mass displacement can in anyway correlate to tectonic pressure...whilst I'm sure that the several million/billion/trillion tons of weight we exert over such a widespread surface is minimal...surely to some degree it's adding pressure somewhere?!

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Just pray to god this volcano doesnt trigger Lake Toba, or we're all dead,

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Mount Merapi is too far away to trigger Toba. Today's magnitude 7.7 on the other hand... is closer to Toba, but was too far away to trigger Mount Merapi.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
just herd they had a 3 meter tsunami hit indonesian island went a few hundred meters inland people in boats in a harbour said boats were smashing in to each other 1 boat blow up aparently no one has been hurt

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Not sure just when this picture was taken, but I got it off the RSOE site, thought I would pop it up here for you to check out if you wish.

Picture

Just thought I would add as well that it seems the live feed has moved into daylight now so you can see a bit better.
Here is link again in case you lost it:

Live Feed
edit on 25-10-2010 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Yes, yes, yes.
Much more to come.
I'm enjoying Florida while it's still above water.
I'm going to miss this place though I have made other plans.
It's hard to 'stop' the cosmos though we have the technology to alter some events.

There is hope folks.
It is time for folks to move to where their internal compass leads them.
Some will stay where they will.
So be it.
Not all are meant to survive.
Stay tuned, stay safe.....

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Yeah ,. nice picture of elvis,.
Is that what you wanted to show?

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
i thought katla was gonna go off ....

i guess this will instead!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Ops sorry about that. Link is now fixed or see it here

you have to click on the photo box that is checked. Wont post the actual photo for some reason

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
this video was posted yesterday;

Earthquake Watch - Northern Hemisphere - AV-2010-10-24

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by martinkb

Thanks for posting that video. Everything will fall in places I think..

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by martinkb

U know whats strange is I read that they lowered the threat this morning for the CME event to a 1% chance I thought that was a bunch of BS, and now look what the earth is doing. momma always said the sun was good for Zits maybe thats what its doing just popping a zit LOL

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
So what do our resident experts think we're going to see here, will it go off in a big way or is it more likely going to smoulder and spew for a few weeks?

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Live feed shows the mountain and smoke - I refresh and still it doesn''t change. I hope everyone gets out of the path of this monster before it blows.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Catch_a_Fire

If you look at the live feed there are small whisps of smoke coming out of the ground half way down the summit.

Looks like it is about to blow a huge hole in the mountain, just like Mount St. Helen.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Scarecrow

Been refreshing the feed constantly, some volcanos are known to go off in a big way where others dont. Im not familiar with this one and just thought someone might of had an idea of whats to come.

That cam on the feeds needs to pan out a bit and give a clearer perspective.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
From the live feed it looks like its going boom now.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
i was alerting some friends on another site to this news. one asked if i had any theories on why the increase in seismic activity. i told her solar activity. did a quick check and found this.

spaceweather.com

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join