It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AUSTRALIANS. 7PM Project to discuss Wikileaks in negative light.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
So I just saw an ad for 7PM Project tonight and they talked about 'hackers' releasing military documents and dangering troops in war. I was surprised because 7PM Project make themselves out to be left-leaning.

Anyway, give it a watch and see what they say since this is the show young people get their news and information from. I'd watch it but I can't stand it.

It's on at 7PM tonight, 1 hour from now.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
So I just saw an ad for 7PM Project tonight and they talked about 'hackers' releasing military documents and dangering troops in war. I was surprised because 7PM Project make themselves out to be left-leaning.

Anyway, give it a watch and see what they say since this is the show young people get their news and information from. I'd watch it but I can't stand it.

It's on at 7PM tonight, 1 hour from now.

Oh noes, will hughesy have a smartalec comment with a half-sneer cocked jaw, charlie have an off point comment with a low brow deadpan face or will carrie look HOT and simply giggle like a girlie at her first pissup?

Who can tell, such hard hitting news

I can't wait !!!

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I can't help but wonder how much the US is spending to help influence wikileaks coverage is to the negative.

I love that ATS has such an international crowd.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
I can't help but wonder how much the US is spending to help influence wikileaks coverage is to the negative.

I love that ATS has such an international crowd.

Believe me, we don't need help laughing at stuff.

WE'RE AUSSIES!!

"Son, mums dead."
"Hope she left dinner out..."

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

Oh noes, will hughesy have a smartalec comment with a half-sneer cocked jaw, charlie have an off point comment with a low brow deadpan face or will carrie look HOT and simply giggle like a girlie at her first pissup?

OMG so true. I've said the same thing before but no one got it.
It's the same # every day isn't it.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Australia is slowly becoming a closed society full of censorships......things like free speech and material is frowned upon. The recent censorships of many internet websites etc. only shows which way it is going. Thus, it comes as no surprise what the response of Australian media & politicians will be.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Is there a more local forum than ATS for this sort of stuff? Sometimes I feel alone in my views of censorship in Australia and other topics that are never discussed on TV.

BTW half an hour left. It's possible they're just making Wikileaks seem negative in the ad but are going to give them a fair go in the actual show.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

OMG so true. I've said the same thing before but no one got it.
It's the same # every day isn't it.

That's why they bring on hard core faces to offset their banal twaddle..

I'd rather have the circle on at 7pm lol

I really wouldn't worry about what the 7pm project have to say about anything. It's a kids show pretending to be an adult show.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Is there a more local forum than ATS for this sort of stuff? Sometimes I feel alone in my views of censorship in Australia and other topics that are never discussed on TV.

BTW half an hour left. It's possible they're just making Wikileaks seem negative in the ad but are going to give them a fair go in the actual show.

I doubt it - not sure if you saw the episode were they mentioned the recent alleged Disclosuer gaff et al, but the consensus was Laugh as much as you can, then outright say "No, they will never come here.. Not going to happen."

it's just a load of .... insert word

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
So you don't know of any australian forum for conspiracies or other things? For example I think our political system is a joke but there's no place for me to talk about it.. I'm 'un-australian' according to everyone because I question everything our Government does so my friends don't want to hear it, and if I talk about it here it gets lost in all the paranoid delusional threads and the US political threads - heck the US even get their own subforum here.

Everyone I know thinks anyone wearing a Burqa is dangerous, just to give you an idea of the sort of people I'm stuck with. I feel really trapped because I have no one to talk to about the #ty stuff going on in this country.
edit on 25/10/10 by Nventual because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Just bumping this thread because the show's about to start on Channel 10.
I'm hoping there's at least a few people interested in the way organizations like wikileaks are portrayed by Australian media other than ABC's MediaWatch (great show by the way).

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
The panel were thick as, except george negus (my secret crush) and the guy they were interviewing
they said a interesting thing, whistleblowers must be protected, and that the line "lives at risk and "national securty" are mostly just politically loaded statements.
George said, where do you draw line the freedom of speach?

The stupid kids interviewing them perhaps should have stayed quiet.

edit on 25-10-2010 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
The panel were thick as, except george negus (my secret crush) and the guy they were interviewing
they said a interesting thing, whistleblowers must be protected, and that the line "lives at risk and "national securty" are mostly just politically loaded statements.

Hahah, Awww, SPOILERS!!!!!!11

I've got at least 3 hours to wait yet, us perth folk are always left behind the starting point with you guys!!

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up. I dont mind keeping tabs on what that box shows, I threw mine out a while ago but like to see if any improvement has been made. The way sunrise did the positive ufo story certainly caught my attention as it did the rest of the world, but most likely that was just for the ratings.

There's no way ill stand watching the whole show, especially not with ads, so i'm gonna record it on windows media center so I can skip to it.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

I'm not going to watch it for the same reason but then it's quite predictable, after all it's on MSM isen't it?

Somebody's obviously taking their orders from our great and powerful friends from across the pacific arn't they.

cheers

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Well they were talking with Andrew Wilkie (one of my favourite politicans) and he pretty much said Wikileaks are doing the right thing. No surprise since he wants an end to our troops in war as does hopefully most people in Australia. Thankfully the "hosts" (for lack of better term) of the show didn't make too many of their own comments.

George Negus was great too. I've only watched 7PM project a few times but he seems to always be on there. Without him the panel would be a bunch of brainless monkeys in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I agree with above, the 7pm project is totally predictable and the hosts mere puppets. I have observed that a few stories they've had recently are not the usual msm crap, but seem to come off the pages of ATS. I reckon their researchers frequent this site...come on, come clean...who are you?????
Anyway, regarding the "where does freedom of speech end and national security begin?' question, of course no one can answer that question. What determines national security is dependant upon tptb definiton - not ours!

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Well, I've just seen it, and I have no idea how the OP came up with the idea that it was negative.

Sure, it's a crapy show usually catering towards the lower form of interested folk, but the information put forward was not sub standard. I'm confused?

If this is a negative light, are you suggesting that you want it merely to PRAISE it ?

I therefore suggest you are on the opposite end of the spectrum and just as bad.

Negus was the only one who had any negative comments to say with his statements against andrew.

Jimminy crickets, I expected an all out laugh-a-thon against the thing, and yet it was MORE serious than I've seen on "REAL" news items here..

wtf is an understatement...

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Just bumping this thread because the show's about to start on Channel 10.
I'm hoping there's at least a few people interested in the way organizations like wikileaks are portrayed by Australian media other than ABC's MediaWatch (great show by the way).

Did you post this before or after you saw the show?

I am just asking...

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

After watching it... I tend to disagree.. for what the show is about, they did well.

Better than that bloody koche and mel at 7am...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join