It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Government Fear Chart

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I've always been of the opinion that the two party system was designed to keep half of the country placeted with the secure feeling that "our guys" are in charge. This way TPTB can ensure that only a minority of the country actually pays attention to how the government is tightening the chains that bind us all at any time.

We fear the power of the government when the opposition party is in power and then go back to sleep when our boys regain power, calmly assured that our boys won't betray us.

This new chart proves my point marvelously:

Fear of Government: A Chart

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f61cff24326a.jpg[/atsimg]

Paul Waldman of the liberal American Prospect responds by zeroing in on the Republican line:

The next time you get an urge to say that the country is gripped by a belief that government is dangerously out of control and that it's threatening our freedom, remind yourself that the country is not in fact gripped by those beliefs. Republicans are gripped by those beliefs, and the fact that they're yelling them very loudly doesn't mean they're shared by everyone else.

Will Wilkinson reacts:

This is fair enough, I suppose. But it would be equally fair to note that Democrats are "gripped" by similarly impugnable beliefs. The advent of the Obama era has evidently put Democratic minds at ease. But why? Is government now, as a matter of fact, less of a threat to American citizens? President Obama seems no better than George Bush on those issues that presumably led a majority of Democrats to view Washington as a threat. Indeed, the continuity between the Obama and Bush administrations on these issues is so complete, it would be misleading to characterise Mr Obama as "Bush light". Mr Obama's stance on civil liberties and executive power amount to a vigorous affirmation of the very policies he openly deplored during the campaign.

Blacklisted News

Its nice to see that independents fear of the government stays pretty stable no matter who is in office, although only about half of them fear the government at any time.

Its time for people to wake up and realize that no matter what party is in power, the government is ALWAYS a threat to our freedoms and needs to be closely watched no matter which party is in charge.
edit on 10/24/10 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
I've always been of the opinion that the two party system was designed to keep half of the country placeted with the secure feeling that "our guys" are in charge. This way TPTB can ensure that only a minority of the country actually pays attention to how the government is tightening the chains that bind us all at any time.

We fear the power of the government when the opposition party is in power and then go back to sleep when our boys regain power, calmly assured that our boys won't betray us.

This new chart proves my point marvelously:

Paul Waldman of the liberal American Prospect responds by zeroing in on the Republican line:

The next time you get an urge to say that the country is gripped by a belief that government is dangerously out of control and that it's threatening our freedom, remind yourself that the country is not in fact gripped by those beliefs. Republicans are gripped by those beliefs, and the fact that they're yelling them very loudly doesn't mean they're shared by everyone else.

Will Wilkinson reacts:

This is fair enough, I suppose. But it would be equally fair to note that Democrats are "gripped" by similarly impugnable beliefs. The advent of the Obama era has evidently put Democratic minds at ease. But why? Is government now, as a matter of fact, less of a threat to American citizens? President Obama seems no better than George Bush on those issues that presumably led a majority of Democrats to view Washington as a threat. Indeed, the continuity between the Obama and Bush administrations on these issues is so complete, it would be misleading to characterise Mr Obama as "Bush light". Mr Obama's stance on civil liberties and executive power amount to a vigorous affirmation of the very policies he openly deplored during the campaign.

Blacklisted News

Its nice to see that independents fear of the government stays pretty stable no matter who is in office, although only about half of them fear the government at any time.

Its time for people to wake up and realize that no matter what party is in power, the government is ALWAYS a threat to our freedoms and needs to be closely watched no matter which party is in charge.
edit on 10/24/10 by FortAnthem because:

Time will tell if Obama is truly identical in policy to Bush. I believe "change" of this kind, cannot be sudden, rushed or drastic. Change for a system that was implemented for 16 years, under Clinton and Bush, will take a gradual shift to coax the system to go in another route, without too much collateral damage. Obama is performing a balancing act and lets not mention him being the Jackie Robinson of American politics.

Obama isnt the one technically making decisions at this time, right now America is in war mode so most decisions are made by military and gun lobbyists. Homeland security is probably putting a lot of pressure on him and Bush probably left a big mess for Obama to untangle. Give Obama his 4 years and see what he does. " One cannot see past the "choices" they make". The economy is all Bernanke, Greenspan, The FED, Wall Street's and Clinton's fault. Obama is the scapegoat that becomes the messiah if he pulls us out of this recession in 2 years time. LOL I wish Obama goodluck, he will need it................ oh yeah and that "republican kool aid sipping" comment shows he is under pressure.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Oh to us Republicans!!

In my daily travels I have met with those whom you all are limited to see via your television sets. To you commoners who vote for the likes of the GOP, I cannot resist in the sharing of my delight and humor to share among them in the collecting of the commoners monies again. The level of foolishness cannot be of higher quality. My humor of your destruction I cannot hide you common citizens of America.

In my decades of worldly travels, I have not seen a more foolish industrialized people whom so shortly forget the party to which is their biggest enemy, and to now shun the party who does in fact support middle class commoners.

For us wealthy, we thank you for voting for our fat elephant.

We thank you graciously commoners.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Oh come on..... Government is not some evil boogeyman waiting under your bed, government is us. It is what we make of it. When we are too complacent it will grow based upon the wishes of those in power and thus become unresponsive at that point we must wake it up again by waking ourselves back up. If you are afraid of the government you are afraid of the people of this country.

I don't like everything the government does but I am not going to cower in the corner in fear nor will I talk about slaying it because neither will fix the root of the problem which is 'we the people'.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Hmmm Let's do a little comparitive analysis

Originally posted by FortAnthem.

Originally posted by ghostsoldier

Zombies, Vampires, Democrats and Republicans

For the past fifty or so years, there has been correlation between American politics and the type of horror movies which are released in theaters. More specifically, the popularity of zombie and vampire films tend to oscillate in accordance to the political attitudes of America; zombie movies appear more often when a Republican president is is in office, while vampire movies are more prominent during Democratic reign.

(SOURCE)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c66769c58508.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4ad4ba232da1.jpg[/atsimg]

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 24-10-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

From one of my favorite sci fi books.

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

From the Bene Gesserit witches from the book series Dune.

top topics

join