It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does Jesus' death save us?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The New Testament states that Jesus died for all people (2 Cor 5:13-15, Rom 5:18, 1 Thess5:10) Jesus himself also told his disciples, Mark 14:24 " This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many" Question is , how could the death of one man, affect the whole human race?How does his death save us? All and any answers are welcome.
Mods, please disregard if the post already exists. thanks-OO

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

Simply it doesn't! Christians wonder why Us, Jews, Speak out against Jesus and everything in the NT. It goes against Jewish belief and how we worship God.

Blood Sacrifice

There are a number of requirements for a sacrifice to be valid or it is completely disqualified and will be an abomination to G-d. These requirements are as follows: 1. The sin offering must be brought forth by the person seeking atonement, and slaughtered either by the sinner or by the priest. 2. Death must be caused by a sharp, perfect blade cutting across the neck, resulting in blood loss and swift death. 3. The offering must be physically unblemished. 4. In the case of mammal offerings (bulls, lambs, etc.) the offering must be less than one year old. 5. In the case of mammal offerings, the mammal must have cloven hooves and chew cud. 6. The sacrifice must be brought at the Temple 7. The sacrifice must have its blood taken by a priest and sprinkled on the altar. 8. The sacrifice must be salted. Since Jesus did not fulfill even one of the eight precepts listed above, it's clear that his death could not be the atoning sacrifice Christians claim it is.

More Source for you to read.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Because God said so.

Seriously, that's the only reason.

What? You were expecting more?

It's an omnipotent being, it could have saved us any way it wanted to, even just on a whim. It chose to come to Earth as its own child in the womb of a virgin to live for a few decades and then get kicked around, brutalized, and executed on a cross.

Again, this is an omnipotent being...did I mention it's omniscient as well? It should have known better.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Read the link above yours! Your logic makes sense. But you need to post sources from the Bible which disproves Christian ideals.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Many does not really equal everyone.

First define the covenant. Can't be Christians as Jesus would not talk about a non existing sekt I think.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

My faith says that we're all humans and therefore, we all sin. Jesus took the natural consequences of that sin (death) away from us. It means 1) that after we die we live on with Him and 2) here in this life, we're no longer the same, that is, He gives us the ability to conquer our corrupt human nature and live blessed lives. This doesn't mean that life is perfect if you believe. But, it is infinitely better. He's pretty cool. Ring Him up sometime.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

"Then the LORD said, 'I do forgive, just as you have asked.'"
Numbers 14:20 (NRS)

Then why do we need Jesus if God forgives sins already?
That's ironic then.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Here is my current understanding on your question:

Prior to Jesus there was a covenant of hell.

Therefore when you died you went to hell (everyone)

Jesus through the Law overcame and made void that covenant.

Therefore when you die the flesh dies but the spirit lives on (avoiding hell)

The gentlemen above stated to add Bible verses to back up but I didn't see that in your question.
Let me know how I can further explain my current understanding and I will attempt.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
He took away your sins. When he died it was the ultimate expression of love for us. You nay-sayers can say all you want but that's my truth ( and the actual truth) and im sticking too it for eternity.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Camtheconspiracyman

Many people have died for many. What about them? God has stated numerous times in the Bible he forgives sin. Why was Jesus needed then? The idea of Jesus sacrifice is pointless.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet

Because he was God's son.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

That is a pagan concept. Sorry to tell you. Jesus is not the son of God.
Divine

The fact remains. Nowhere even in the New Testament is it taught that Jesus is part of a triune godhead. Nowhere does he make the claim that he was G-d. Nowhere in the New Testament is there the reason to believe that he is G-d.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Son of god . You are correct he doesn't claim to be a god only son of God. Get your facts straight.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Get your facts straight. Us Jews call us self the children of God. That doesn't mean Jesus is the Son of God. Like he had sex with Mary. Jesus is expaling his Jewishness.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Usually, when you admit you did something wrong against someone, and say sorry, that person will forgive you.
It is the same situation here.
In these days, the World is willing to believe that the many are one. It is true, we are one, we are of one spirit but we came from beneath.
I am you, you are me, what you are guilty of so am I, over six billion people in this world, we don't list each and every thing we did wrong, we just call it Sin.
God's son was the only one to have a spirit that came from above.
As one world, the world commited the most heinous crime of all, it kill God's only Son.
If we are one, we all have the Son's blood on our hands.
Confess and ye shall be forgiven.

When a horrible person dies, we might say that person deserved it. When Jesus died, it proved that it doesn't matter if you're a horrible person or perfect. The spirit of this World is a murderer and a liar and will kill you no matter what. You can't depend on this world. The only way out is to denounce this world and rely on Holy Spirit.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

The sacrifice must be brought at the Temple 7. The sacrifice must have its blood taken by a priest and sprinkled on the altar. 8. The sacrifice must be salted.

This really sucks for Jews wishing to have their sins forgiven by YHVH since 70 A.D.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

God's original covenant was with Abraham, names Jacob's descendants his "Chosen People", and is manifested in the Law of Torah and Talmud. This first covenant was not universal -- it was for the Jews only, and it was works based -- you need to stick with the Law, to the letter, to be reconciled to God. It can be argued that no one has ever been able to be right with the Law (apart from Christ) and it is impossible to be so following the destruction of the Temple by the Romans in 70AD.

Paul makes an interesting point -- if salvation through the law is works based, adherence to the law, what of Abraham? Jacob? Joseph? How could any of them be right with God, as the law came later, through Moses. Paul's conclusion is that they are saved through faith, a true faith, demonstrated by good works, but outside of the law.

Christ teaches that he is a new covenant. He doesn't change, destroy or repudiate the law -- it is still there for Jews to follow and be reconciled to God, but Christ says that he has come to fulfill it, to perfect it and to provide a new means by which man may come to God -- through him.

Had Christ not come you and I, as Gentiles (I assume you are not Jewish, apologies if you are,) are out of the picture -- there is no way for us to be reconciled to God, as we are not his chosen people. Had Christ not come, man in general would be lost, with the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple by the Romans. And had Christ not come, people would still be stumbling through the law, trying to understand it, to live it, and to figure out how the clothes you wear or the food you eat makes any difference to God.

Christ makes it simple -- love God, love everyone else as yourself, and accept his sacrifice as being the means by which you are reconciled to God. That's it. If you are Jewish, you are welcome to live by the law and be saved by it, if that is still possible, but if you are not Jewish, Christ is the only way to come to the God of Abraham, Jacob and Moses.
edit on 25-10-2010 by adjensen because: disastrophy!

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

oliveoil,

There is a good answer to your question, the blood of animals could never atone for any sin, those services only pointed to the sacrifice that would could and did. That was the shedding of the Blood of God. Ac 20:28 "Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood". KJV To consider Christ totally human is a sad mistake, He was the son of God and the son of man through Mary but the biggy is the Father determines the blood of the offspring. Heb 10:5 "Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me": KJV Yes you see a body was prepared for God to dwell in to be with us as one of us and to have blood that could be shed to atone for our sin and only the blood of God could suffice. 2Co 5:19 "To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation". KJV. Add these texts also. Joh 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God".
Joh 1:14 "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth". KJV. Surely for a Christian that is solid ground, standing on the Rock of Ages.

Truthiron.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet

Get your facts straight. Us Jews call us self the children of God. That doesn't mean Jesus is the Son of God. Like he had sex with Mary. Jesus is expaling his Jewishness.

Christians do not believe the Father 'had sex with Mary', that's preposterous, the Father is a Spirit. God spoke his Word into Mary's womb.

"The Word became flesh and dwelt amongst us."

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

No. We ask God for forgiveness. No any man or pagan God.
You need to study Judaism more!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join