It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missle Sites and Secret Installations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I am not new here. However, I have not made enough posts to get out of "introductions".

I wanted to talk about something that struck me the other day. I was driving through Deer Park, Washington and I noticed a road named "Missile Site Rd." I thought that was odd so I drove down it. It went strait through a neighborhood where I received odd looks for being there I guess. As I got to the end of the strait road I was stopped by a gate with a sign that read something about U.S. Government property and Explosives Present. I thought that was odd because why would they name a road something that would draw attention?

I did a google earth search and came up with this,

From this subject I was informed of another installation I was unaware of. Here in the Northwest USA, just like the Great Plains and Southwest, we have an abundance of stories about secret military installations and operations. Also,it has been rumored that "XE", formerly known as, "Blackwater", has been constructing a facility in North Idaho not far from here. However, the details and verification of this rumor is hard to come by.

Apparently there is a NSA Echelon facility in Yakima. While doing a search on that I came up with this video.

Basically there is no doubt that the leaders of the world have been advancing their technology forever trying to gain total surveillance and control of their "slaves". What have the members here come across in their research into their own local secret facilities? I am sure I am not the only one who has been intrigued by strange proceedings around me.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by spokaneman1983
As I got to the end of the strait road I was stopped by a gate with a sign that read something about U.S. Government property and Explosives Present. I thought that was odd because why would they name a road something that would draw attention?

If I were to guess, I'd say that they decided that the potential blowback from being overtly deceptive and naming it "Elm Street" or something would be worse that just simply naming it something obvious...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
That is a very good point.

I just can't help but wonder why someone would want to live on a street that has a missile complex at the end of it.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by spokaneman1983

I thought that was odd because why would they name a road something that would draw attention?

The Extraterrestrial Highway springs to mind

The top-secret Area 51 government base is near SR 375 and many travelers have reported UFO observations and other strange alien activity along this road. Such stories prompted the state to officially designate the route as the Extraterrestrial Highway in 1996.

en.wikipedia.org...

I just can't help but wonder why someone would want to live on a street that has a missile complex at the end of it.

Safety, that place will be well protected

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by spokaneman1983
That is a very good point.

Ha ha ha, nice - very true! I don't believe I would take that option, even if it was some sort of crazy bargain

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I lived about 9 miles north of Davenport Wa for a few years and there used to be a number of strange goings on... military helicopters flying low and circling and fighter jets skimming the Spokane river... perhaps just the AF practicing maneuvers since Faichild AFB wasnt very far, but it was certainly an interesting area. You used to be able to see the lights from (what I was told) a uranium mine a few miles away... I always thought that had something to do with it. Odd, because now I live in Grants New Mexico, which was a uranium mining boomtown many decades ago, and as you mentioned about the Southwest we have our share of military oddities around here also.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by cepheusdraco
I lived about 9 miles north of Davenport Wa for a few years and there used to be a number of strange goings on... military helicopters flying low and circling and fighter jets skimming the Spokane river... perhaps just the AF practicing maneuvers since Faichild AFB wasnt very far, but it was certainly an interesting area. You used to be able to see the lights from (what I was told) a uranium mine a few miles away... I always thought that had something to do with it. Odd, because now I live in Grants New Mexico, which was a uranium mining boomtown many decades ago, and as you mentioned about the Southwest we have our share of military oddities around here also.

That's might be great.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
your missile site rd site is a old Atlas-E "coffin launcher"

these became active in 1961, then de-commissioned in 1965. These were semi-hardened, not as strong as the deeper silo sites; they were designed to withstand a 1 megaton air-burst from a distance of 1.6 miles. Only 27 Atlas E sites were built, each at a (structure only) cost of $3.3 million in 1960’s dollars.
www.missilebases.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

[ Apparently there is a NSA Echelon facility in Yakima. While doing a search on that I came up with this video.

Basically there is no doubt that the leaders of the world have been advancing their technology forever trying to gain total surveillance and control of their "slaves". What have the members here come across in their research into their own local secret facilities? I am sure I am not the only one who has been intrigued by strange proceedings around me.

Yakima Research Station is out in the Army's Yakima Training Center. When i was active duty at Whidbey Island, i went out there a quite few times to the Navy Det. Seems there's more amenities out there now. A few years back it was pretty austere.

Here's a few links and stories...

ludb.clui.org...
www.thelivingmoon.com...
www.seattlepi.com...
www.militaryavenue.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
yakima has got to be more than a training center for the military. the land was aquired in the beginning of the manhattan project.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by spokaneman1983

This site was never secret. This was Atlas E missile site 567-1. It was deactivated in 1965 and is currently used as storage space.

There are 9 total Atlas missile sites in Eastern Washington.

You can find the others at:
47.44.24N, 117.03.38W - 567-2
47.26.11N, 117.01.06W - 567-3
47.19.55N, 117.54.11W - 567-4
47.22.04N, 118.29.27W - 567-5
47.33.36N, 118.09.34W - 567-6
47.45.50N, 118.36.30W - 567-7
47.49.39N, 118.13.22W - 567-8
47.47.42N, 117.49.49W - 568-9

Some of these site are now privately owned. Some of them are abandoned.

Blackwater USA was going to have a small facility here in Northern Idaho. They were going to partner with a pre-existing company in Post Falls back in 2008. As a part of the deal, they would have built a new facility and trained law enforcement.

Who were the partners? The Idaho Peace Officer Standards & Training Academy. But from what I heard, the deal was put on hold and nothing has come of it ever since Blackwater got such bad press.
edit on 8-12-2010 by allenidaho because: Added Blackwater information.

top topics

join