It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Ever Gotten Rid of Fruit Flies in the Home??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

There is an even better version of Fly Paper on the market than the one you are employing now. It looks like a M-80 fire cracker. It has a little red loop that you pull on the top of the yellow canister. Once you pull it, it unravels and becomes a long hanging strip that you fasten to the ceiling with a tack that is provided in the Fly Paper canister.

These work the best. You can get them at any Walmart, Hardware Store, or Pharmacy. Fruit flies wont stand a chance with this type of device.

It's essentially a sticky strip of hanging paper.

Here is a link with a good visual of what I'm talking about: adland.tv...
edit on 3-11-2010 by warequalsmurder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Do I ever!! My dad is a veterinarian and his office has a tendency to become overrun with fruit flies/gnats whenever he boards or kennels parrots (because of the fresh fruits and seeds). This never, ever fails to get rid of them and fast, too.

Get several disposable bowls with lids. Dad always gets the cheap Glad kind with blue lids. Pour in some apple cider vinegar. Put in a few pieces of fruit. Put the lid on and poke tiny holes into the lid with the end of a knife. Leave the holes small enough for the gnats to crawl into, but not crawl back out of. They're drawn to it like moths to a fire. Depending on how many gnats you have ... you'll catch a TON over the course of a few hours.

Good luck.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I haven't been pestered for a few days now. Winter's coming. Maybe that's why?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
If you think you have eradicated every source such as houseplants and any food laying around....
1) make sure nothing has rolled underneath or beside little places such as the stove or underneath the fridge.

I have seen them live in garbage disposals. Even after dumping chemcials, bleach and bug killer down there, they still managed to not be evicted. So check any drains or garbage disposals.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I have a large garden and a kitchen usually always full of veggies - the tomatoes get overwhelming sometimes and yes - they start to go before i notice and then - the dreaded fruit flies. - learned this nifty little trick a few years back so keep in mind for next year. I put out a small glass of wine and i get my little touch out you know the one like they use to sodder things --- wait out of sight of the glass for a little while - go in kitchen to glass and torch them. wait a little while and repeat ---- takes no time at all and you can get rid of them in a matter of a day or two
works like a charm i tell you. (if you don't have wine you can use even a rotting tomato cut up).

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by girl_interrupted
Do I ever!! My dad is a veterinarian and his office has a tendency to become overrun with fruit flies/gnats whenever he boards or kennels parrots (because of the fresh fruits and seeds). This never, ever fails to get rid of them and fast, too.

Get several disposable bowls with lids. Dad always gets the cheap Glad kind with blue lids. Pour in some apple cider vinegar. Put in a few pieces of fruit. Put the lid on and poke tiny holes into the lid with the end of a knife. Leave the holes small enough for the gnats to crawl into, but not crawl back out of. They're drawn to it like moths to a fire. Depending on how many gnats you have ... you'll catch a TON over the course of a few hours.

Good luck.

Works for me too....if I may add, I put some liquid dish detergent in the water. The soap creates a film that the poor little buggers can't break to fly out
I hate trapping anything but I can't stand bugs in the house.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join