It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FLOTUS to meet with 'sex trade workers' in Kamathipura

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Economic Times / India Times

Adding to the Obamas’ busy schedule is Michelle’s likely visit to Kamathipura, where she will meet commercial sex workers on the invitation of an NGO. The highprofile visit is likely to inconvenience the citizens, as there could be a complete clampdown on traffic on some main roads of south Mumbai and sanitisation of buildings flanking them

I know there is a thread about Obama booking the entire TaJ Mahal Hotel and all the expenses. But this is a bit different. This goes to the schedule. And specifically, the schedule of the FLOTUS, which is different than that of the POTUS.

WHY is there an official visit to meet with the 'commercial sex trade workers' at the invitation of the NGO?
What on earth would the FLOTUS have to discuss with hookers in that country?
Is she checking up on their well being? India has a big AIDS problem .
But so does DC. DC rate higher than West Africa And that's closer to home to deal with.
Looking into legalizing it here? What could the purpose be?
Hey .. I'm all for legalizing and taxing and regulating prostitution here ... but is that what is going on?

Interesting side note at the end of the article -

The President will be accompanied by his chefs, not because he would not like to savour Indian cuisine, but to ensure his food is not spiked.

hmmmm .. if it's that dangerous, and that expensive, and this much trouble ... why go?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Well, our government worries about the hookers around the world.

Remember the Stimulus "Package" had this little component to it-

US to Train Chinese Prostitutes (NOW THAT'S STIMULUS!)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Others carrying the story -

Express Buzz

MUMBAI: Michelle Obama, the First Lady of the United States, may visit Mumbai’s red light area, Kamathipura, on a special request made by an NGO working among the commercial sex workers, on November 7 on the second day of her husband Barack Obama’s two-day official visit to Mumbai

India Server

Kamathipura is one of the largest red-light district in Asia, where Michelle is likely to visit on an invitation from an NGO. Michelle would meet commercial sex workers in Kamathipura, which has remained unclean for years

Geee .. no FOX, CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, or MSNBC (well .. of course not them
)

So is this a non-story? American media isn't covering it (yet?).
Or did they miss something?
WHY is she spending our tax money to go there.
It takes our tax money to cover her backend when she goes on these jaunts.
What is the benefit for us .. the American taxpayer .. to have our FLOTUS visit hookers in Kamathipura??

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I'm trying to figure out where is the charity work, or the human rights plight, or

Of all the things to choose to do... I mean there are kids starving there & the usual stuff.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I'm seeing nothing of this on our news here. Nothing in the papers .. both IRL and online.
Nothing on the TV ... nothing. I'm wondering if this is a true story or if it was bad information put out.
Maybe it's true and the subject of prostitution is too 'sordid' for the (left wing) MSM
to carry about the Obamas. But even most of the right wing outlets (Newsmax, etc) dont' have it.
Michelle Malkin does. But that's it.

Wondering if it's bad info put out or really true ....

top topics

join