It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Do Men fear Strong Women?" Myth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

ALL women can be tamed.

Oh, THIS should be good...

*sits back and starts prepping the marshmallows.....*

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Originally posted by orangetom1999
reply to post by maybereal11

I am a strong proponent of women's equality...they are different than men, but those strengths and weaknesses both physical and intellectual are absolutely equal in merit and application to daily living to the strengths and weaknesses that men posess.

Who is going to go out and take the RISK in application to make this equality and strength apply and happen. Men or women??? You know what I mean right?? ..to make up the difference in different???

No one seems want to put light on this while claiming equality. Equality is easy to push over on people when much of the RISK taking in every day life is put off on others to handle and make happen.

Sorry. Please elaborate. I don't know what you are talking about here. "RISK"??

Risk taking in what form?

maybereal11,

This world is built and maintained by someone knowing what has to be done and very often stepping out on the limb at very high RISKS to get it done. Thus providing a level of safety and security for others. These others do not necessarily want to know how it gets done and dont want to share in the RISKS. They just want it done like a Buffet line. They just want to show up and enjoy. They dont want to know the details. They just want to manage and direct from the sidelines.

This being said..in "EQUALITY", How much of this RISK is going to be undertaken by todays strong woman?? Or are they just going to direct from the side lines while someone else takes the RISK to get and maintain this world??

Most women I have ever met ..dont want to operate at HIGH RISK..either in Environmental risks or danger risks. By enviornmental RISK I mean conditions of high discomforture..heat, cold, or conditions where one can be killed or maimed for life. To put their physical/beauty calling card at RISK is not to be done. This type of RISK is for others..not for them. They tend to show up and direct events after all the RISK has been done and the buffet line has been set up based on the RISKS taken by others..and then they direct events.

I also know that many of todays males, raised primarily by women, and television and movie experiences, do not want to take the RISKS necessary to keep and maintain this world. They want to sit back and text message or video game their way through life. They are for all purposes..high maintenance. They want to be amused and entertained...by entitlement thinking.

A-without
Muse-thinking

Amusement/Amuse..without thinking

What I am saying is that these applications are not equal and almost no women I know are interested in this type of equality or RISK taking. This is not equality...it is politics based on social roles or default settings to play through unquestioned or unchallanged.

If you have to ask about RISK...I have to ask what you have been doing for most of your life?? Who provides or has provided your security/safety blanket??

Thanks,
Orangetom
edit on 27-10-2010 by orangetom1999 because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join