It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you vote for Rich Whitey?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
One of the more unfortunate ballot spelling errors, Rich Whitney discovered his name was misspelled to Rich Whitey.
Of course, it wouldn't be a real story if indeed the area wasn't predominantly a african american area.

heres a snip

The Chicago Sun-Times reports that the name of Green Party gubernatorial candidate Rich Whitney is misspelled "Rich Whitey" on electronic-voting machines in 23 wards -- "about half in predominantly African-American areas." The error only occurs on screens voters would see when they are reviewing their choices (Whitney's name appears correctly on the initial screens), but officials say the error cannot be corrected before election day.

Figured the political madness area needed a bit of toungue in cheek humor in a rather insane process

Vote for Whitey!

(they should simply name all candidates Rich Whitey...one for honesty)
Source

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Why can't they change it before the election. ?

Now I'm just thinking but if such a Freudian slip was too occur for a black candidate, then mountains would be made to move.

edit on 23-10-2010 by Question why because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
That's insane. I'm wondering if it wasn't such a mistake, after all.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Question why
Why can't they change it before the election. ?

Now I'm just thinking but if such a Freudian slip was too occur for a black candidate, then mountains would be made to move.

edit on 23-10-2010 by Question why because: (no reason given)

Good point, I imagine if Gary Black turned to Angry Black on a ballot, it would be near civil war with all sorts of conspiracys.

double standard I guess...

I think whites are taught to have a sense of humor about racial steriotyping them overall due to whatever..you can call a white person pretty much anything referring to their race and they ultimately dont care (cracker, honkey, whitey, etc)..yet a reverse for other races produces all sorts of anger and angst.

This is a actual curiousity to me..why...do white people have that much more pride in their race to where they really don't feel effected by skin tone references no matter how negative the person tries to make of it...are the rest hypersensetive?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

As just mentioned my first thought was "typo" or "the cheapest and easiest smear campaign in recent history". Either way it's bizarre!

Then again, Rich Whitey has been running things for years... with the current political trends that typo just might get the guy elected!

~Heff

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I'm just guessing but it might have something to do with the fact that we have thought ourselves superior for so long, its actually a form of pride.

But I hope they do change it as what i said still stands, reverse the roles and it results in a quagmire.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
Then again, Rich Whitey has been running things for years... with the current political trends that typo just might get the guy elected!

I was just thinking the same thing. He could change his campaign to one of espousing his hundred years of experience. No one could object.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Just 100?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
BAHAHA I LuLd!

Such a double standard tho, if he was black and his nam was changed from Parker Cotton, to Picken Cotton, there would be a firestorm...

I cant wait for the day when we can all look at our racial stereo types and laugh without being angry....

I saw a movie the other day where a guy was telling jokes about white people and everyone in the audience was laughing, then some white guy got up and started telling jokes about black people and all the sudden it wasnt funny....

top topics

join