It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Not Fully Awake Until You Can...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
You are not fully awake until, every point matters. The bickering, and nonsensical issues can simply be moved along, when we realize that Everyone's points counts. The reason why so many of us can distinguish ourselves from others is based on our ability to open our minds to the nitty-gritty of it all.

Here's something you will most likely NOT here on this forum. Your religion matters, you views on E.T/Aliens matters, your photos or videos of possible U.F.O's matters (because your looking), your views against religions matters, your view on politics matters, and we as a people matter.

Whether we see it or not, the reason why all of the above mentioned views matters, is the simple fact that when you open up your mind to the view of others, you have climbed another step of the ladder of enlightenment.

The difference between the elite and the poor, is the lack of "putting yourself in someone else's shoes". The higher our views of our beliefs and truths become a point of proving yourself right, you fail to bring the point home, because you lose sight of the initial issue.

Some of us, may of course be wiser on some subjects than others, but it shouldn't become a who is better contest, but of a, whew, I'm glad this subject is being discussed. I for one want to learn and as the importance of a subject should be the main concern, so should the opinions of others on it.

We seem to be losing sight of how "WE" feel, and may be losing focus. Your subject matters, as does the solution to the problem.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Just thought I would give this a bump, as I feel it is a very important subject that effects most of us on this forum, and in life in general.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Well, I've lurked for years, but I'm a pretty new member. I only post in threads that really tweak my interest. As you can see, it's really not all that often. Yet

My goal is to be as courteous with my conversations as possible. I'm not young, and I've learned a lot in life. Sometimes the hard way. I still have much to learn, and I realize others do also even though they may not realize it at times.

As my views are read and responded to, I tend to learn a little about myself. Funny how typing things reveals a little more than you intend sometimes. Similar to writing on paper.

Ok I'm rambling now.

I thank you for the post!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
*shrugs* I both agree and disagree, sure everyone's points and opinions matter but at the same time, none of them do.

Only facts matter when it comes to making progress in this world, opinions put people at odds because by their nature they are interpreted constructions that fill in gaps where facts are missing; opinions are themselves meaningless because they differ from person to person.

A few hundred years ago the consensus was that the world was flat...
before that the sun revolved around the Earth...
before that huge sky chariots towed the great ball of flame across the sky and would only return if the gods were happy.

All opinions change in time, because of their fluidity they have little worth at any point in time.

Because of this we should certainly be able to look past them and see that we're all basically the same: I think that's part of the greater understanding of awakening/enlightenment.
edit on 10/22/2010 by eNumbra because: grammar.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
Because of this we should certainly be able to look past them and see that we're all basically the same: I think that's part of the greater understanding of awakening/enlightenment.

I think this is exactly what is required to awaken as well. Opinions matter, but only so much so that we would concede a point where another opinion has more truth. In my opinion, this is why rigid belief systems stop creative learning. Rigid political ideologies lock us into a box where only one way is possible and where their are multiple ways they are defined as left vs right, preferred and not preferred based on the box. It is time for all of us to agree to not agree and focus on what we agree with. The simple things in life are the best to start this process. Start inside and work outside eventually we will meet together and the world will be a better place because of it.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
*shrugs* I both agree and disagree, sure everyone's points and opinions matter but at the same time, none of them do.

Only facts matter when it comes to making progress in this world, opinions put people at odds because by their nature they are interpreted constructions that fill in gaps where facts are missing; opinions are themselves meaningless because they differ from person to person.

A few hundred years ago the consensus was that the world was flat...
before that the sun revolved around the Earth...
before that huge sky chariots towed the great ball of flame across the sky and would only return if the gods were happy.

All opinions change in time, because of their fluidity they have little worth at any point in time.

I was thinking about this the other night, what if all that we know, or think that we know, will someday, somewhere along the line be proven wrong. What if the world were not flat, or round, or maybe the neither the sun nor earth revolve around anything.

What if it ALL is a lie..... Then what

anyway, nice post NRE

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SirKnightE

It is all a lie, except that which is the truth lol. The truth might just be that we can change the rules of any game we play at any time by switching our beliefs about it. Imagine a world where everyone believed that the sky was green and the grass was blue. They could be switched. We could switch them. The same goes for more complex issues, there is no reason corporations have to operate the way they do, their design, rights and privileges are the result of the rules we made. They can be changed. The money system can be changed. It is only those that want to keep it the way it is that argue nothing else is better. And why do they argue this? I believe it is because nothing else is better for them personally. Those people are trapped without thinking in a way they are scared that their could actually be a better way for all of us. What they would lose is their image of themselves. They want to play the part of a powerful person, that wields authority. They are stuck without expanding their view. We should all be able to recognize this by now. Can't we? We should all be able to recognize when someone has an opinion they really believe is a fair opinion, and one that has not even thought about why they have their opinion.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Thank you all for the reply's. My thoughts are that if either we can all decide were right, or wrong its still better than a stalemate. Our disagreements are mostly about things that have both a truth that can be accepted or denied. Or a subject that has just as much proof, as well as fallacies.

Its our personal interpretations that seem to keep us at a stand still. Most of the basic arguments are about things that absolutely no one can actually prove, so we spend most of our time trying to explain our interpretations,
while ignoring the things that we CAN prove.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
What if its all about being aware of the fact that we share a singular consciousness.

Becoming aware of other's feelings...

Becoming aware of the ocean...

Becoming aware of everything...

Realizing it is the same life force energy (god) alive in everything and realizing you are that god...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
What if its all about being aware of the fact that we share a singular consciousness.

Be careful with that word.

It's been used falsely many times before, here on ATS and throughout the world.

top topics

join